Disgusted with SOM/Sporting News

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Disgusted with SOM/Sporting News

Postby free4allfree2001 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:09 pm

As a devout player of SOM 70's leagues, I am very frustrated by how un-user friendly the site has become. I have been on this site nearly every day for 4.5 years. I am not a newbie. I cannot find available leagues that I might want to join. Can't find the link! The consolidation of all of the mystery card leagues into one message is a pain in the a$$. No offense to the 80's and 90's players I only play in the 70's leagues and don't really care about the 80's and 90's leagues.

The Sporting News does a poor job promoting the SOM product and especially the mystery card leagues. If you can find the link under the MLB tab on the SN home page it does not list all available SOM products, just the ATG and the individual season leagues. It has become much more difficult to get leagues full and attract new players. There are not many paid fantasy type leagues that people will pay for. I have spent nearly $1000 playing SOM and that is a drop in the bucket compared to some other participants. I would think that SN/SOM would want to promote a product that generates revenue.

Thanks for hearing me vent. :evil:
free4allfree2001

Postby JONCHUCKERY » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:43 pm

free...

1. look at the thread titled "70's league forming site" and you'll see the link I provided to check out leagues forming.
2. remember its all about ATG when it comes to SOM online. The mystery card games are merely an after thought from a revenue perspective
3. lets get you, your brother, and the other usual suspects together and get a league going as I have a credit burning a hole in my pocket
JONCHUCKERY

Re: Disgusted with SOM/Sporting News

Postby LMBombers » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:59 pm

[quote:6bfd0c38c7="free4allfree2001"]I am not a newbie. I cannot find available leagues that I might want to join. Can't find the link! [/quote:6bfd0c38c7]

Have you checked out the sticky thread titled "Leagues Available - 70s and 80s"? :lol:
LMBombers

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s