NLD 26 Chat

Postby joethejet » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Actually Keyz, your initial rating (with sort of generic pitcher usage numbers) looks pretty good, definitely above average. Your biggest issue is that you're pretty average v RHP, but dominating v LHP.

We played three one runners last night, losing two. An inauspicious start, but it's early. I was trying for a speed team, but missed on Crawford and Cruz early on. Still have pretty good speed, but not as much as I wanted. We have good clutch so hopefully we don't leave *too* many on base. Last night we left plenty in the two losses. Pitching is balanced with a deeper pen than in the first 80 mil NLD team so we'll see if they pitch better. Wanted Sanches over Lyon, but at least Lyon has a close rating. Keyz if you get tired of Sanchy, I'd defintely consider a deal.

Anyone have any predictions after looking over the teams?

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:41 pm

[quote:e05e5268fc="joethejet"]Actually Keyz, your initial rating (with sort of generic pitcher usage numbers) looks pretty good, definitely above average. Your biggest issue is that you're pretty average v RHP, but dominating v LHP.
[/quote:e05e5268fc]

I noticed that too...and toyed with swapping out a righty for a lefty. DH would be easiest to do this, but hate to give up Braun...I might have to do a reassessment some time next week!
keyzick

Postby joethejet » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 am

Can we start over?

I'm 1-4 in one run games (yes, that's 5 of 6 decided by one run) and the other loss was when Laffey out pitched Josh Johnson. :roll:

Brutal start. :o

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Ha! Well, I'm feeling better now that I'm back at .500...the stress through 6 games!! :wink:

Noticed my hitting is doing much better v righties (albeit only a 6-game sample), but thought it was funny nonetheless.
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I write this from a hotel room in Tupalo, MS. On my way to OKL City for my move. My teams are currently on auto-pilot as opposed to my micro-managing so we'll see how things go.
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:30 am

Jeep, well, you're tied for first so.... ;)

Keyz, well, you never know what's going to happen with a dice game.

Speaking of which, we dropped another one run game (although did manage to finally win a series!) which seems to have confused my pythagorean calc. Even though we've only played 9 games, my Pythag is 5-5! :shock: :?

What the heck?

Jet
joethejet

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Tonight I'm in Fort Smith, AR. Still Jeeping toward Okla City, have 3 more hours to go tomorrow. :)
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks for the update Jeep. You managed to win two more from me tonight. Moyer getting the win in one game. :roll:

We fell to 1-6 in one runners. I'm hoping that we're getting this ALL out of the way so we can return to some normalcy. This is just stupid.

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 am

Jumped out to a great 9-3 start to season, although Zim's looking very strong in the early going, breathing down my neck!
keyzick

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:23 am

[quote:4d108f8437="joethejet"]Thanks for the update Jeep. You managed to win two more from me tonight. Moyer getting the win in one game. :roll:

We fell to 1-6 in one runners. I'm hoping that we're getting this ALL out of the way so we can return to some normalcy. This is just stupid.

Jet[/quote:4d108f8437]

That happened to me last go-round.

It appears I have created the most unsavory team chemistry. lose two win one big. These types of teams are hard to endure thankfully this is not a FTF league.
superflymacdaddyjuice

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat