NLD 26 Chat

Postby bigmahon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 am

The last time DT and I played in a league together, we were in the same division, won 95+ games each, and ended up in the Finals. I'm hoping for a repeat of that outcome. 8-)
bigmahon

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:45 am

I always read, just didn't have anything to add.

As for Feliz- never had luck with him and his 4R. Never had great luck with White either, but I love his card.

Now if I can only get Wheeler to start pitching better...
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

Aceves is performing for me just as he has all season...absolutely no surprise there for me. I've had him win 20 or better 3 times.

Joe, thought I'd make a l/u tweak last night inserting Hernandez at catcher & moving Victor to DH against your speedy team. Looks like it worked, Hernz. even had a great offensive game in Game 1. :)
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Jeep,

Yeah, right now we can't do much right. Losing close games, getting swept by teams with lousy records. You could have started your lineups backwards and it would work against us right now.

I know this team is better than this. Aceves is till pitching better than you should expect Jeep. Or, do you think he's better than Feliz?

DT,

Glad to have you chipping in. Good to hear from. Man, you're greedy. You have 90% of your pitching staff overperforming and you want 100%! ;) Yeesh. As for Feliz, he's a 4R primarily because he's soooo good v RHB, not because he isn't good v LHB. Certainly not to the tune that he's getting hit. He has roughly a .110 ob and Ave v LHB and he's giving up .267. That means hitters have an average of .424 on their cards plus the X-Chart? In Lyon's case it's around .350. Yeah right. And, in Feliz' case RHB are hitting .230. Since he has 0 hits that means RHB are rolling on their cards and the X-chart to a 460 tune. Bad card? Ha. that's just bad luck my friend. Not a pitcher's card or great managerial skills.

Now we just have to get Hawk to post here instead of via League email.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 am

Ugh, another series tonight with a one run loss, a 3 run loss and a 6 run blow out. :(

We're -12 now in one runners. Far and away the worst in the league. Man this blows. If we can just get back to -9 the rest of the way, I think we have a shot to make a run. But, we'll need our pen to quit sucking too.

Come on guys, play like you should! We have the third best Pythag in the league, but we're a game under .500. Go figure.

Jet
joethejet

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 am

Quick question- does anyone know if they have put in soft innings caps for RPs (e.g., after 1 inning per game, over 150 innings you get tired easier or give up more hits)?

Just curious, I haven't really seen it in boxscores, but like I said earlier I always seem to get a high ERA from some of my more-used RPs.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 am

[quote:2479eeb093]or do you think he's better than Feliz?[/quote:2479eeb093]

Well let's see. I've had Aceves on 21 teams this season and Feliz on zero. Does that answer your question? :D :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Jeep,

Well there are other reasons to take Aceves over Feliz. Price, 3 innning SR, backwards.

Aceves is a little bit better than Feliz v LHB, but Feliz is a LOT better v RHB and is overall better unless you think the pricing is waaaaaay off.

DT,

Not sure. Over use is *supposed* to make a difference, but it's never been clear to me how. There are guys with lots of IP (e.g. Aceves, Adams) pitching really well and some (e.g. Vargas Feliz) not so well and some, e.g. White, Lyon are about what you'd expect perhaps.

Vargas has been worse than Feliz.
joethejet

Postby bigmahon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:24 am

[quote:10364d63ae="Detroit-Tigers"]Quick question- does anyone know if they have put in soft innings caps for RPs (e.g., after 1 inning per game, over 150 innings you get tired easier or give up more hits)?

Just curious, I haven't really seen it in boxscores, but like I said earlier I always seem to get a high ERA from some of my more-used RPs.[/quote:10364d63ae]
I don't think there is a cap per se, but I have noticed that when Adams gets lit up it's when his fatigue rating gets to 0. Naturally I have him set to maximize his innings, and sometimes that works against me.
bigmahon

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 am

Wow! The SOM Gods do not believe in happiness around the Holidays. In cruel fashion Youkilis was hit with the dreaded 15-gamer. In addition, I lost Ichiro for 3 and Beltran was already out with a 6-gamer. :shock:

And on top of all that I was swept last night. :x
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat