QUICKSILVER 6 XVII CHAT

Postby Simon31 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 pm

[quote:730bcdf129]Guys, I run our Children's Basketball League, so that means every Friday night for the months of January & February, I am refereeing and running this program. I am up for trying to find another date, but if it is inconvenient for you guys, you may want to find a replacement.

thanks, andy [/quote:730bcdf129] Hmmm! Refereeing means no texting picks in the middle of a game! :lol: That makes it a little more difficult to help you make picks. But lets give this a shot....does anybody anticipate a problem if we switched the draft to a Saturday night any of those weekends? This would seem to be the next best option to keeping Andy on board!
Simon31

Postby Private Jet Mama's Boys » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Can't do Fridays either. Go ahead and find a replacement David. Thanks.
Private Jet Mama's Boys

Is Sat. eve. a good alternative to Fri. eve. for everyone?

Postby Muadib1950 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Saturdays OK ... but then you miss the Friday midnight cut-off to start that very Monday ... which I know many of us ... ahem ... crave ... shall we say ... :shock:

I would prefer Thurs. evenings to Saturdays ... but we probably want to keep it simple, and weekend oriented, so Saturday eve. is probably the best alternative to Fri. eves. league-wide, I'd guess -- but we gotta hear from other folks on that ... and some have chimed in already and won't know they need to re-chime now ... :roll:
Muadib1950

Postby andycummings65 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

it might be easier for you guys to find a replacement for me than move things around this much........I will be through with the league at the end of February, and could always be a replacement for the inevitable spot in one or both of these leagues

whatever yall decide is fine with me,
andy
andycummings65

Postby Simon31 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:52 pm

PJ has told me that between the two of us, we could work out a way to get his team in Friday night. Moving things to Saturday does delay the start of the league a week. Thursday night keeps some people up longer than they might on a working night and I know for a fact (Ugh!) there is a price to pay for that the next day...especially at my age! lol I would still like to hear from a few others before making a decision but I don't want to do that before exhausting all avenues open to us.
Simon31

Postby Simon31 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Ok. Decision time! I know we have yet to hear from minnie and I'll send him a PM to get his attention. He's usually good for anytime though so I'll go with that guess for now. Since most of you are in both the Fast 6 League and the Quicksilver League I'm going to do this: The Fast 6 League will plan on drafting Saturday night January 29th. The Quicksilver League will draft on Friday Feb. 4th. I think Andy and PJ are good for Saturday but I know Friday is an issue. PJ suggested a way to work around it so hopefully he'll still be able to put his team in for the Quicksilver League. Maybe by the 4th something will come up that will free Andy's schedule up so I'll wait on finding a replacement for him for now. Once again those dates are:

Fast 6 League...........Drafting on Saturday Jan 29th at 7:30 est.
Quicksilver League....Drafting on Friday night Feb 4th at 7:30 est

If anybody else will have a problem with these dates, let me know ASAP!
Thanks fellas! -David
Simon31

Postby Simon31 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 am

There is one more option I thought of to help PJ and Andy out. It gets away from our usual concept but it would only need to be for this round of the Quicksilver. What if we slow drafted our 6 players on DD starting early in the week and then just got together at FRENZY time that Friday night. That way we keep Andy and PJ in the loop and they don't miss out on their 6 choice players. We can go back to the Friday night fast draft after this league. What do you guys think?
Simon31

Postby minnie minoso » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:30 am

I'm fine, with whatever you decide. Just let me know in League chat, since I don't check over here that much.
minnie minoso

Postby DOUGELKE » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:28 am

I'm good with this
DOUGELKE

Postby Simon31 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

This is to confirm our format change for the QUICKSILVER LEAGUE on Friday Feb. 4th. This applies to this round only! The plan is changed from drafting 6 "live" on Friday night to drafting our 6 players, starting on Monday Jan 31st, on DiamondDope. We would then continue to have our frenzy on Friday Feb. 4th at 12:05 am est.

1. Simon31........................Yes
2. The Rivs
3. N. Texas Widowmakers
4. andycummings
5. minnie minoso................Yes
6. Moriarity
7. jamesgang77
8. Dugger..........................Yes
9. he's meat
10. deepdrive
11. Private Jet Momma's Boys
12. Muadib1950