General Managers Keeper League

Roster updates

Postby Cubit » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 am

My roster files are hopelessly out of date KD. Any idea when we might see updated ones?

Things are hotting up near the old Stove and looking interesting for the upcoming season. Would love to see what I've actually got.
Cubit

Postby cummings2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:40 am

[quote:f68ab8c27e="Ninersphan"][quote:f68ab8c27e="Cummings2"]I have an infield with Pujols, Cano, Drew and A-Rod :D

Jus' sayin'

C2[/quote:f68ab8c27e]

Guess I should just throw in the towel now then :shock:[/quote:f68ab8c27e]

Naaah... I have no outfield and no pitching :lol:

C2 doesn't seem to factor much this coming season :(

C2
cummings2

Re: Roster updates

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:28 pm

[quote:d5cdd7678d="Cubit"]My roster files are hopelessly out of date KD. Any idea when we might see updated ones?

Things are hotting up near the old Stove and looking interesting for the upcoming season. Would love to see what I've actually got.[/quote:d5cdd7678d]

I thought I'd already sent it out Ted - but it never hurts to keep 'em coming.

I'll have the "official" pre-drop update to everyone this weekend.
kaviksdad

Postby Cubit » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:06 pm

You may have Kaviksdad. My mail has been a little funky recently-- perhaps too many "electronic devices" in play at once looking at mail and deleting things from time to time because of my clumsy stubby fingers. Must have missed it.

Thanks for caring.
Cubit

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Guys - look to your email inboxes for the pre-drop roster update. If you didn't get it let me know.

I don't want to get going too early here as most of us have other leagues getting off the ground for 2011.

I'm looking at a free agent draft somehwere around the week of March 7th, assuming the new game has launched. That will be followed by the first 2 rounds of the prospect draft.

Anyone have time conflicts with that date? Larry - what's your schedule look like? I know you'll be busy with all the golf tournaments, so let's find a date that everyone can work with.
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 pm

The week of March 7th is very good for me.

Sent you an e-mail regarding schedule.
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Guys - on the roster sheet update I forgot to adjust the stadiums when I was rearranging the "Combined" tab. So half will show in the wrong park.

Also, on the "prospects" tab you'll just see those prospects that retain their prospect eligibility and can remain a prospect this year. Of course, you can promote or release them if you want to. You'll also see that the prospect number totals might not add up correct - I forgot to adjust the formulas. It's fixed now and will be on the next update.

If you just want to put your own park in that cell go ahead - otherwise it will be corrected after we get all the drops in.

In a few days I'll set up a thread for drops and let everyone know how many players they need to drop, how many they CAN drop, and which prospects need to be either promoted or released.
kaviksdad

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:45 pm

I was just looking things over, trying to assess what I need, and who I might be able to taget for a trade ans saw a oossbile guy I want on Smokey's team. The I started to look at it a little more clsoely to see if I could offer anything...........

:shock:

Holy crap I'm glad he's not in my division...

he needs a LF and certianly has the ammo to go get one and he could likely even get away with what is on his roster now in just playing Francisco.

Good luck qk, squid and sykes

Anyway trolling for offers:

3b
CF or LF
DH

Pieces I'll move:
Moustakas
W Aybar
E Aybar
Lind
Span
Snider
Sizemore (prospect)
Volstad
Lyons

will also consider moving LHP for, I have a couple and would like to move

Duensing
Romero
Cecil

LMK if any are of interest...
Ninersphan

why generic is better

Postby qksilver69 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 pm

[quote:a1be1538b6]Good luck qk, squid and sykes[/quote:a1be1538b6]

Ok Niners, you threw down the glove. I'm here to pick it up.

Smokey vs. Qk, the (On Paper) Faceoff!

1B: Adrian - Teix/Huff. Adrian is not great vs RH this year, Huff's OB vs RH almost 10 pts better, and more TB. I'd give that a smaller edge to Smokey than you might think.

2B: Pedroia - S-Rod/Ellis. Clear edge to Smokey but the PedRock injury roll will hurt.

SS: HanRam - Castro/Furcal. Lower E's for HanRam, but my offense will be similar and Ryan is a better D sub than McDonald.

3B: Longoria - Bautista. Longoria has the D, but at 3B I'll take Bautista's bat. Longoria so-so vs RH.

LF: ? - Boesch/Joyce. Edge to me, for now.

CF: Rasmus - Hamilton. Hamilton no injury roll, he's a stud.

RF: Cuddyer - Heyward. No contest here.

C: Ianetta/Thole - Ruiz/Santana. Again, this one goes to me.

DH: ? - Luke Scott. Last one to me.

So lineup-wise I count 6 spots that go my way, to 3 wins for Smokey. I think I stand a fighting chance.

And given that I have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, including the #2 overall, you can bet that I aim to improve a bit where I can.

Defense, Smokey gets the nod, but not by a ton.

Let's see pitching:

SPs:
Smokey: Doc, Danks, Ubaldo, J Sanchez, Peavy
Qk: Hudson, Buchholz, Dickey, Wood, C Lewis, MadBum
Smokey has some name cache, and I might like his cards over mine by a tad, but MadBum as 6th SP gives me matchup edge. I call this a push.

Pens:
Smokey: Adams, Benoit, Papelbon
Qk: Feliz, Thornton, Thatcher, Zumaya, Ogando
Benoit is better on the top end, but overall quality my front 3 are better, and
my 4th & 5th guys are pretty good already.

So on the surface, while Smokey has a lot of names, the cards are good but not killer. As usual I am probably playing too many platoons, but aside from SS D I don't have a real weakness. Go generic brand baby! :D
qksilver69

Re: why generic is better

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 am

[quote:8912135e63="qksilver"][quote:8912135e63]Good luck qk, squid and sykes[/quote:8912135e63]

Ok Niners, you threw down the glove. I'm here to pick it up.

Smokey vs. Qk, the (On Paper) Faceoff!

1B: Adrian - Teix/Huff. Adrian is not great vs RH this year, Huff's OB vs RH almost 10 pts better, and more TB. I'd give that a smaller edge to Smokey than you might think.

2B: Pedroia - S-Rod/Ellis. Clear edge to Smokey but the PedRock injury roll will hurt.

SS: HanRam - Castro/Furcal. Lower E's for HanRam, but my offense will be similar and Ryan is a better D sub than McDonald.

3B: Longoria - Bautista. Longoria has the D, but at 3B I'll take Bautista's bat. Longoria so-so vs RH.

LF: ? - Boesch/Joyce. Edge to me, for now.

CF: Rasmus - Hamilton. Hamilton no injury roll, he's a stud.

RF: Cuddyer - Heyward. No contest here.

C: Ianetta/Thole - Ruiz/Santana. Again, this one goes to me.

DH: ? - Luke Scott. Last one to me.

So lineup-wise I count 6 spots that go my way, to 3 wins for Smokey. I think I stand a fighting chance.

And given that I have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, including the #2 overall, you can bet that I aim to improve a bit where I can.

Defense, Smokey gets the nod, but not by a ton.

Let's see pitching:

SPs:
Smokey: Doc, Danks, Ubaldo, J Sanchez, Peavy
Qk: Hudson, Buchholz, Dickey, Wood, C Lewis, MadBum
Smokey has some name cache, and I might like his cards over mine by a tad, but MadBum as 6th SP gives me matchup edge. I call this a push.

Pens:
Smokey: Adams, Benoit, Papelbon
Qk: Feliz, Thornton, Thatcher, Zumaya, Ogando
Benoit is better on the top end, but overall quality my front 3 are better, and
my 4th & 5th guys are pretty good already.

So on the surface, while Smokey has a lot of names, the cards are good but not killer. As usual I am probably playing too many platoons, but aside from SS D I don't have a real weakness. Go generic brand baby! :D[/quote:8912135e63]

Wasn't meant as a slam of your squad or to imply you had no shot, mearly a commment on his overall depth. Although for the record you missed a piece

RF Cuddyer/[b:8912135e63]Sweeney[/b:8912135e63], which is ALMOST up to Heyward against RHP and better vs LHP

So I'd put it 5-4 not 6-3, but YMMV. Either way I'm still glad I'm NOT in the division.
Ninersphan

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat