Big Bang Auction

Muy Intesante

Postby hackra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 pm

so far this new auction has been very interesting and fast.
Most of us have at least enough of our players to field a team for spring training games already. The bidding in the first round was far different than my expectations. Still I think all of us got at least 40% of the players we initially bid upon, and the ones who missed out have a ton of money to fight over the remaining high priced stars.

I count 15 hitters over $10 million still left and 16 starting pitchers over $8.5 million. Plus a ton of cheaper value players.

There is still a lot of math work, especially for Mr. Baseball World (thanks for taking it on. 8-) ).

Shortened the process by months, but a lot more risky. I like the idea of possible preseason and in season trades a lot more now that I see how the first step went.
:shock:
hackra

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:50 pm

In the process of printing the thread so I can organize.

I agree that it was different than I expected. Think the right option would have been a lot on two guys and minimum bids on the 5th or so best at each position.....would be interesting to see what the best team you could have had would be if you had just known........
Mr Baseball World

Postby doug_tucker10 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:31 pm

list sent....
doug_tucker10

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm

I have totaled the number of players in the position by position list and see 190(it included Bagwell and Wilson) I believe those two might have been disallowed so the total number is 188 awarded. Total for each of your lists of your own players is alos totalling 188.

Let me know if that is correct. If so, I will expect 112 bids in the next round. This time I will doublecheck every salary listed and will also add in to the totals alreay provided by each person. Will also doublecheck the math on those lists unless someone is sure they are all right.

I should have all the info I need once I get all the bids.
Mr Baseball World

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 pm

I will send pm's for issues with draft cards as I see them unless you guys would rather I wait until I have checked everything on your card and do it all at once.

Of course if you think I am in error when I question your card let me know. :D
Mr Baseball World

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 pm

How many tie bids were there? Which players? How are those guys handled in this round?
Mr Baseball World

Postby hackra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:50 pm

[quote:49fc1dd3a2="Mr. Baseball World"]I have totaled the number of players in the position by position list and see 190(it included Bagwell and Wilson) I believe those two might have been disallowed so the total number is 188 awarded. Total for each of your lists of your own players is alos totalling 188.

Let me know if that is correct. If so, I will expect 112 bids in the next round. This time I will doublecheck every salary listed and will also add in to the totals alreay provided by each person. Will also doublecheck the math on those lists unless someone is sure they are all right.

I should have all the info I need once I get all the bids.[/quote:49fc1dd3a2]

Bagwell WAS allowed at 1.16 bid
Wilson WAS also allowed

There were 2 ties -
Martin Dihigo and Ron Leflore

the tied managers MUST include bids on the player involved in their second round bidding.
Last edited by hackra on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hackra

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Thought I would check to see what I missed.....WOW!!! What a draft
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

Postby JOSEPHKENDALL » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:00 pm

We must include those players that were tied? I just want to be clear on this one since I am involved.
JOSEPHKENDALL

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Were there any disallowed bids? If not, I think we had 190 in the lists by position and 188 in the lists by manager, so either two are missing from the manager lists or maybe 2 were listed twice in the position lists. Of course the third option and odds on favorite is that I can't count.
Mr Baseball World

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat