Major League Keeper League

Postby TefJ » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:59 pm

KD is right. The carded thing was only for the initial draft. For all subsequent drafts, anyone with any MLB experience is eligible for drafting.

As for your method, KD, what if someone had an AB in 2009, but didn't in 2010? They'd still be eligible, but wouldn't show up on the sheet.
TefJ

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:03 pm

That's the flaw WP - guys that were injured last year won't have stats (Litsch comes to mind) but are still eligible.

That's what make compiling the list difficult. In theory, Babe Ruth is eligible for this draft! So who do you add to the list and who do you keep out? Is Ricky Henderson going to make another comeback?

See what I mean when I say it's a b*tch!
kaviksdad

Postby peterdouglas38 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Just post what u can and if somebody drafts a player not on the list, we can check to see if they have PA or an inning pitched...
peterdouglas38

Postby TefJ » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't think it makes sense to post an incomplete list of all eligible players. It may discourage people from drafting an eligible player.

What I may do, though, if I have time, is create a list of eligible players who do have cards in this set, to help people construct their teams this year.

For the rest of the players, I think the best way is, like the prospect draft, just have people be responsible for their own research. A simple way to check a player is to go to baseball-reference.com, and see if they have ML experience. If they do, follow Dan's advice and CTRL-F the roster sheet. To me, that makes way more sense than spending hours trying to piece together a sheet that would probably cause more problems than it would solve.

If someone has a question about the eligibility of a specific player for the draft, I would be more than happy to look into it.
TefJ

Postby bvargus » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Although trades can't be official until draft day, roscodog and I would like to post this deal to take effect at that time:
roscodog gets: Brett Lawrie, billyv's 7th rnd FA pick
billyv gets: Kelly Johnson, roscodogs 2nd rnd prospect pick
bvargus

Postby Roscodog » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:04 pm

[quote:42000c74f3="billyv"]Although trades can't be official until draft day, roscodog and I would like to post this deal to take effect at that time:
roscodog gets: Brett Lawrie, billyv's 7th rnd FA pick
billyv gets: Kelly Johnson, roscodogs 2nd rnd prospect pick[/quote:42000c74f3]

the 2nd prospect pick is the 23rd pick overall, it's the one I received from peter.

confirmed.

also now that my roster sits at 29 players I will promote Ogando

also I think just making a list of carded players for the draft is fine. If someone wants to draft someone who isn't carded they can do their own research. Just suggesting it but would it not make life simpler if we just altered the rules to say that only carded players are eligible?
Last edited by Roscodog on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roscodog

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 pm

It would make it simpler Rosco, but would reduce the "stud power" of each draft that much more. It would eliminate guys that are returning from injury, like Chris Carpenter a couple years ago.

We do that in USKL 2, but we also don't have prospects.

My view is if you have prospects in your league then you allow drafting of uncarded players. If you don't have prospects then drafting only carded players would be the way to go.
kaviksdad

Stop! You're killing me!

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Guys - you have to change the way you announce deals. It's hard enough to find them all, let alone try and figure them out. There are deals and transactions that have occurred in the past that were never announced, announced but never confirmed, announced and confirmed but never implemented...and on and on.

That's the main reason why we will never have a complete record of the early seasons - there's just too much missing.

So from this time forward I'm requesting that all the deals be announced this way in this format - looking exactly like this:

[b:b945a2e175]Manager X trades:

Player 1
Player 2
Draft pick 1
etc.

to

Manager Y for:

Player 1
Player 2
Draft pick 1
Player 3 (prospect)
etc.[/b:b945a2e175]

I'd really appreciate it, and it would really cut down on the mistakes.

Also, if you are trading a draft pick make sure it has year, type of draft, and round - so it looks like this:

[b:b945a2e175]5th round 2011 Spring free agent draft
3rd round 2011 Prospect draft
1st round 2013 Supplemental draft[/b:b945a2e175]

I really need to know the year of the draft pick.

[b:b945a2e175] And if you have multiple picks in a round I need to know which pick it is - your original pick or the pick(s) you've acquired from someone else.[/b:b945a2e175]

Thanks
kaviksdad

Re: Stop! You're killing me!

Postby Roscodog » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:55 pm

[quote:8ba2d5cd50="kaviksdad"]Guys - you have to change the way you announce deals. It's hard enough to find them all, let alone try and figure them out. There are deals and transactions that have occurred in the past that were never announced, announced but never confirmed, announced and confirmed but never implemented...and on and on.

That's the main reason why we will never have a complete record of the early seasons - there's just too much missing.

So from this time forward I'm requesting that all the deals be announced this way in this format - looking exactly like this:

[b:8ba2d5cd50]Manager X trades:

Player 1
Player 2
Draft pick 1
etc.

to

Manager Y for:

Player 1
Player 2
Draft pick 1
Player 3 (prospect)
etc.[/b:8ba2d5cd50]

I'd really appreciate it, and it would really cut down on the mistakes.

Also, if you are trading a draft pick make sure it has year, type of draft, and round - so it looks like this:

[b:8ba2d5cd50]5th round 2011 Spring free agent draft
3rd round 2011 Prospect draft
1st round 2013 Supplemental draft[/b:8ba2d5cd50]

I really need to know the year of the draft pick.

[b:8ba2d5cd50] And if you have multiple picks in a round I need to know which pick it is - your original pick or the pick(s) you've acquired from someone else.[/b:8ba2d5cd50]

Thanks[/quote:8ba2d5cd50]

Will do from now on. Also should mention I'm now going to promote Ogando.
Roscodog

Got picks to deal!

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Since I've got the first two picks, the draft will essentially "wait for me" tomorrow. Which is a good thing for a couple of reasons -

1 - I'll send out the final pre-draft update tonight and it will have a list of available [b:47a4916a6c]CARDED[/b:47a4916a6c] players on it (sorry - couldn't get to the full list).

2 - I'm still in the mood to wheel and deal.

I'm still looking for that "stud" player and can offer all 3 first round picks plus more, depending on the guy. And by "stud" I mean "STUD" - like Longoria or Votto, those types of guys. I'm also looking to improve my prospects, either through getting better picks or better prospects. Most any position is needed, but I'd rather improve my infield - primarily middle infield. Let me know if you want to deal.

Did I mention I'm looking for "stud" players?

Otherwise I'll just pick in the morning after I get to work - around 7:30 Pacific time.
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat