NLD 27 - The legend continues!

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:31 pm

I have no objections there.
qksilver69

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm fine with Jeep's suggestion, but I would say that it lets Silver take advantage of his mistake by keeping a position player from someone else.

The reason I suggested a position player of about the same $ is that that is the advantage that was gained. I would say, almost assduredly that eitehr Dyson or Tolbert would be in waivers if Berkman was on the team. Now, I'm not interested in picking up either in waivers so don't read that into it. I just don't think you should be able to gain an advantage when you make a mistake.

Personally I think what would be most "fair" would be for one of those two guys to be available for the first 30 minutes or so of frenzy after which Silver can pick the player in question up.

Just a thought.

Jet
joethejet

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 pm

[quote:7d2c8df49d]I would say, almost assduredly that eitehr Dyson or Tolbert would be in waivers if Berkman was on the team.[/quote:7d2c8df49d]

Please expand on your newly developed powers of ESP, Joe, after I just did the math which shows that would not be true...
qksilver69

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:07 pm

It's simple, if you had Berkman and Alvarez like you should, you couldn't gtet Dyson and tolbert both on your team. You'd be .52 over.

You can't cut Qunitero as he's your second CA. Which other position players did you not have on your draft list? It's gotta be one of those two guys who didn't make your team.

Right?
joethejet

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:57 pm

I could have cut Camp instead of Alvarez and not been over.
qksilver69

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 pm

No, cuz you had to have 11 pitchers when you put your team together.

Look, there is no way you could have had these four players on your team and kept all the guys you took in the LD when you drafted on TSN

Alvarez
Berkman
Dyson
Tolbert

It's quite simple. I'm not sure how you're not getting it.

If I'm wrong, show me the 25 players you would have, with those 4 players and stayed under the cap. Remember you have to have 11 pitchers, a backup CA and all the guys you took in the LD.
joethejet

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Joe, my point is that when you said I needed to cut someone, Camp could have been cut to fit in Berkman's salary space. We're talking apples & oranges here.
qksilver69

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Yes we are talking about different things as you keep avoiding the subject. Probably because you don't want to chance giving up one of the players that you would not have been able to take had you drafted Berkman like you were supposed to.

The answer is obvious Dave, come clean and do the right thing. I *know* you understand what I'm saying.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 am

So, I see no other comments. Look, if no one else is concerned, I'm fine with whatever. I'm just pointing out what the impact is.

It's certainly not a huge deal to me. Certainly not going to make or break my season.

Anyone else have an opinion?

JJet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am

Tried to follow the path of the conversation...I think I get what happened in Silver not putting Berkman on his list, so Jeep's solution, to me, makes sense to have him use his first waiver choice on Berkman - easiest solution.

BUT I understand Joe's argument that Silver would never have been able to keep Alvarez, Berkman, Dyson, Tolbert, based on salary restrictions. I think it's just an unfortunate accident at this point. I don't think Dyson and Tolbert are gonna make or break anyone's season (although if I don't make the playoffs, that's gonna be my excuse!! :lol: ).

Drafting someone else's player is a bigger transgression, as far as I'm concerned...cause now the whole waiver order is affected.

Perhaps, future drafts should implement rules on how to resolve IF a manager either drafts someone else's player, or leaves on of their players off.
keyzick

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat