NLD 27 - The legend continues!

Postby ArrylT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 pm

I think the fairest thing to do is for both JTJ and qksilver to buy every other owner in the league a case of beer. :-)
ArrylT

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:59 pm

At Hooters! :D
qksilver69

Postby joethejet » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey, I'm good with the Hooters part, but it's not my fault that Silver dropped Berkman!!!! :P
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm

[quote:d5048aa535="keyzick"] Drafting someone else's player is a bigger transgression, as far as I'm concerned...cause now the whole waiver order is affected.

Perhaps, future drafts should implement rules on how to resolve IF a manager either drafts someone else's player, or leaves on of their players off.[/quote:d5048aa535]

Well, the solution to the drafting other manager's players is simple, you trade the guy you got instead to the other guy. Yeah, it throws waivers off, but what else are you going to do?

As for what happened this time around, the solution is simple, like I explained above. You figure out how you get 25 players under that cap, including the guy that *should* have been drafted, following all the roster rules and you cut the guy that wouldn't fit and take the guy you were supposed to take with your first waiver pick. Simple.

In this case the wrong player got cut so that complicates matters. Leaving the extra player in the frenzy for a specified time is, to me, the only fair thing and right thing to do.

I think it's pretty obvious. I guess Silver doesn't see it that way. <shrug>

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 pm

[quote:95c72e2c87="joethejet"] Well, the solution to the drafting other manager's players is simple, you trade the guy you got instead to the other guy. Yeah, it throws waivers off, but what else are you going to do?
[/quote:95c72e2c87]

True...that's the solution...but the what else can you do part is what I was trying to get at. If it didn't throw off waivers, it wouldn't matter. But since it does, I think a rule stating the method to correct, and any other consequences, could be stated beforehand. (eg, some type of penalty during waivers...lose out and have to wait for FA instead...).

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus for doing it, cause I've been guilty of accidentally doing it a couple times myself. BUT if there is an understanding of a penalty going into the process, it SHOULD cause everyone to double/triple check their draft card.

Just a thought...
keyzick

Postby joethejet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:31 pm

I see, yeah, I guess you could do something like have the offending party draft a lousy player with their first waiver pick. That would be akin to losing the first pick of waivers. OTOH, waivers aren't *usually* a big deal.

Jet

(30 minutes to go.....)
joethejet

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:31 am

OK, I made some moves, anyone else?
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:12 am

You happy now Jeep? Smokey made a bunch of picks, just for you. ;)

Jet
joethejet

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm not very satisfied to be honest. Of course A lot of it is not knowing the players well yet.
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 pm

The bit of the ratings I've done so far indicate that the Central is (again) the strongest division :( (I hate when that happens) and the West is the weakest.

Course, I didn't balance for parks yet so teams that need pitching parks aren't going to rate well and I don't know platoons or pitching usage yet so that could be very differ significantly in the end.....

As for us, our pitching is decent, but our fielding isn't and our hitting should be up there with AT.

I suppose we spent the least on our middle infield with Valdez and Blanco. Stoney, if you want to move Ryan, we'd be happy to spend even less! ;)

Jet
joethejet

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat