General Managers Keeper League

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:02 pm

I didn't want Manny. I wanted a 2b and then I found out that the 2b I liked was moved to ss.

Manny wasn't even the first pitcher on my list to take but I have both the NY Post and NY Daily News on my iPad and I deferred to the hype in panic.

This day did not go as planned :(
cirills

Postby cummings2 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm

[quote:33a160031f="AF Dickie"]Sandy do you want me to pick a prospect already taken to help deflect the situation? Just trying to lighten the load. :)[/quote:33a160031f]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hargh, hargh, hargh!!!

... nice pick though Sands, nice pick. I know the probs at 2B, right now I am happy with my Cano-Kendrick tandem, I figure to have two super good hitters there that should keep me afloat for enough time but I certainly do understand the wanting to stock up.

About stocking, I like my depth at C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and CF... I really like my Triunfel-Drew and Cano-kendrick middle infielders, 1B is tops with Pujols, Barton, Pena... 3B is the one that worries me a little: "only" A-Rod-Chipper-Brandon Wood 8-)

How's your fellas' depth chart looking?

C2
cummings2

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:01 pm

[quote:ada8ce69db="Cummings2"][quote:ada8ce69db="AF Dickie"]Sandy do you want me to pick a prospect already taken to help deflect the situation? Just trying to lighten the load. :)[/quote:ada8ce69db]

hargh, hargh, hargh!!!

... nice pick though Sands, nice pick. I know the probs at 2B, right now I am happy with my Cano-Kendrick tandem, I figure to have two super good hitters there that should keep me afloat for enough time but I certainly do understand the wanting to stock up.

About stocking, I like my depth at C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and CF... I really like my Triunfel-Drew and Cano-kendrick middle infielders, 1B is tops with Pujols, Barton, Pena... 3B is the one that worries me a little: "only" A-Rod-Chipper-Brandon Wood 8-)

How's your fellas' depth chart looking?

C2[/quote:ada8ce69db]

3b is a worry for everyone cause there are only a couple of really good ones out there. I know I'm not happy with the way that position stacks up for me right now, at least until Moustakas gets promoted. In fact about the only 3 postions I like my depth are C, CF and SP.

With Jones Fowler and Span, I betting one of them will bet a very good option for the next few years. I really like my depth and youth in SP, but ever where else... not so much.
Ninersphan

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:01 pm

[quote:4f5ff389cd="sandlotshrink"]I didn't want Manny. I wanted a 2b and then I found out that the 2b I liked was moved to ss.

Manny wasn't even the first pitcher on my list to take but I have both the NY Post and NY Daily News on my iPad and I deferred to the hype in panic.

This day did not go as planned :([/quote:4f5ff389cd]

He was my next pick Sandy - wish you would have taken a 2B!
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:15 pm

You lie!

Btw, Smitty left you a proxy KD
cirills

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Good pick Smitty.

HE was the pitcher first on my list AND the highest ranked prospect available.

I was surprised he was still available.

I should have taken him before Manny but like I said, I was a victim of the New York press.
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:58 pm

[quote:012067fc3c="sandlotshrink"]Good pick Smitty.

HE was the pitcher first on my list AND the highest ranked prospect available.

I was surprised he was still available.

I should have taken him before Manny but like I said, I was a victim of the New York press.[/quote:012067fc3c]

Actually I like Manny better and think he'll get to the show quicker than Moore. The Yankees have serious rotation problems coming up and they'll be putting Banuelos and Betances in the rotation as soon as they show they can throw strikes consistantlly.
kaviksdad

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:13 pm

I was between Banuelos and Miller for my pick, with Moore a bit behind them. He is there in terms of stuff, but like KD says, TB has nowhere to put him, and he has some control issues still.

I have Miller ranked a bit higher than both Manny B in Moore in most publications I've seen, and my ratio of LH SP prospects to RH was a little high, so went with Shelby. Let's see how he does. Like NY, STL also having their share of rotation issues...
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Some thoughts:

I liked Miller the best of all 3. Especially since he is RH.

Moore was the consensus highest rated prospect of the 3. That I'd not to say that there weren't some that ranked Miller higher but across the board Moore was higher.

I totally agree on who comes up first BUT DISAGREE on downgrading Moore because of the team. The same was said about Hellickson on this thread but if you are that good you will make it.

But Hellickson is a Maddux while Moore is a big unit.

AND his numbers are better vs. RH's - my kind of lefty.

But, in the end the NY press got me - including Mariano Rivera calling him, "the best pitching prospect I have ever seen"!
cirills

Just checking in

Postby Cubit » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:25 pm

As some of you know, i've been spending the past couple of days here in NYC working on Japan Relief efforts at my University and New Jersey with students and faculty both raising funds and getting in touch with friends, colleagues, and collaborators in Japan. I apologize to any and all who may have found my priorities skewed, but I know Sandy and I are now square and I trust my professorial fussing can be excused one more time.
Cubit

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat