NOVIE'S THEME OF MONTH---APRIL

Postby andycummings65 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

On the face of it, Minnesota is not a bad team to get, except that Steve did his homework, and mostly just gave me duplicates of strengths I had with the NYG db-pre. I still have holes where I had holes before........
andycummings65

Postby rburgh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah, except for Mauer, he gave you more decisions instead of more players. And you're still hurting for bullpen help, all you got out of a modern era team in that regard was a pretty good LOOGY in Darold Knowles. (Unless you want to splurge on Tom Hall. :D
rburgh

Postby MEAT » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:47 pm

YEAH, what's with youze guys doin' homework?! that's why I went with yankees, fewest holes and opportunities for me to screw up, but wrz helped me not at all.
and how come novie took a good screw franchise as his main club?
MEAT

Postby andycummings65 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Well, Novie has the rights to any Clemens card with that pick, Billy Wagner, top notch 2b and CF, Bagwell, Richard, Scott and Gwynn.......

not a horrible choice IMO
andycummings65

Postby andycummings65 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Remember to do your homework: if there is player with cards on multiple franchises, he can only be placed on the draft card of the FIRST MANAGER who took a team with his card.
Hornsby belongs to bontomn, Pedro belongs to Modmark, Clemens belongs to Novie, Speaker belongs to Steve, Musial belongs to bontomn NOT wrz, collins belongs to DonFESQ, Bonds belongs to Mr Regulator.......you get the idea.

If the manager does not protect the players above AND the others to which they apply, they can be grabbed by other managers with cards for them after the Auto-draft runs.
andycummings65

Postby novie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Wow... seriously?

Hou/SD was about the safest and best choice out there with these rules. The rules DESTROYED Oak and StL

If it were a regular draft, I may have gone aother way... pretty safe.

Scott, Clemens, JR, Oswalt

Wagner and Hoffman

Bags, Biggio, Gwynn, Cedeo, Wynn, Berkman/Bass

Not bad considering picking 10th.... need to take a look at just how WEAK the final 4 picks are with the rules as is.
novie

Postby MEAT » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 pm

just tweaking ya novie, isnt that what this league is all about? although there's a club still on the board I considered with the 2nd overall. the yanks were just too safe though, especially with my limited success rate.
MEAT

Postby rburgh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah, I can't believe the Mets/Expos skated through the draft. They didn't lose much to the cherry-pickers - Mike Marshall, Tommie Agee, Kevin Mitchell, Pedro, Elias Sosa, Bill Lee, Stan Bahnsen, Chris Speier, and Bob Bailey.

If you had grabbed them early enough, you could have had Pedro, Seaver, Gooden, and your choice of Ojeda, Koosman, or Saberhagen as your rotation, with Marshall, Fryman, and Sosa in the pen and a lineup of Carter, Keith Hernandez, Alomar, Harrelson, Wright, Raines, Dawson, Walker, and Strawberry. There are worse teams out there.
rburgh

Postby DonFESQ » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 pm

AVAILABLE GROUPINGS: BAL post & exp, BOS db & pre, CHC db & pre, CHC post & exp, CIN post & exp, CLE post & exp, CWS db & pre, DET db & pre, DET post & exp, KC post/OAK exp, KC exp/TEX exp, MIL post/ATL exp, NYM exp/MON exp, PHI db & pre, PHI post & exp, PIT db & pre, PIT post & exp, SEA exp/CAL exp, TOR exp/MIL exp, WAS db & pre, **PLEASE REMOVE GROUPING FROM ABOVE LIST AFTER CHOOSING**

ROUND 1
1.Dacelo - NYY post & exp,
2.he's meat - NYY db & pre
3.Mr. Regulator - NYG post/SF exp
4.andycummings - NYG db & pre
5.bontomn - STL db & pre
6.thaibill - CWS post & exp
7.rburgh - BKN post/LA exp
8.DonFESQ - PHA db & pre
9.Steve Ames - CLE db & pre
10.Novie - HOU exp/SD exp
11.wrz25 - STL post & exp
12.Modmark - BOS post & exp

ROUND 2
1. Modmark screws Dacelo with BSB db & pre
2. wrz25 screws he's meat with CIN db & pre
3. Novie screws Mr. Regulator with BKN db & pre
4. Steve Ames screws andyc with WASpost & MINN exp
5. DonFESQ screws bontomn with Wash DB/pre you are welcome for Walter and Cronin
6. rburgh screws thaibill with
7. thaibill screws rburgh with
8. bontomn screws DonFESQ with
9. andyc screws Steve Ames with
10. Mr. Regulator screws Novie with
11. he's meat screws wrz25 with
12. Dacelo screws Modmark with

ROUND 3--Free Agents
1. Modmark
2. wrz25
3. Novie
4. Steve Ames
5. DOnFESQ
6. rburgh
7. thaibill
8. bontomn
9. andyc
10. Mr. Regulator
11. he's meat
12. Dacelo
DonFESQ

Postby rburgh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 pm

AVAILABLE GROUPINGS: BAL post & exp, BOS db & pre, CHC db & pre, CHC post & exp, CIN post & exp, CLE post & exp, CWS db & pre, DET db & pre, DET post & exp, KC post/OAK exp, KC exp/TEX exp, MIL post/ATL exp, NYM exp/MON exp, PHI db & pre, PHI post & exp, PIT db & pre, PIT post & exp, SEA exp/CAL exp, TOR exp/MIL exp, **PLEASE REMOVE GROUPING FROM ABOVE LIST AFTER CHOOSING**

ROUND 1
1.Dacelo - NYY post & exp,
2.he's meat - NYY db & pre
3.Mr. Regulator - NYG post/SF exp
4.andycummings - NYG db & pre
5.bontomn - STL db & pre
6.thaibill - CWS post & exp
7.rburgh - BKN post/LA exp
8.DonFESQ - PHA db & pre
9.Steve Ames - CLE db & pre
10.Novie - HOU exp/SD exp
11.wrz25 - STL post & exp
12.Modmark - BOS post & exp

ROUND 2
1. Modmark screws Dacelo with BSB db & pre
2. wrz25 screws he's meat with CIN db & pre
3. Novie screws Mr. Regulator with BKN db & pre
4. Steve Ames screws andyc with WASpost & MINN exp
5. DonFESQ screws bontomn with Wash DB/pre you are welcome for Walter and Cronin
6. rburgh screws thaibill with SLB, who were apparently deleted by mistake some time ago. Chasing the paper trail back, it appears that the guilty party is Novie. In any case, Bill, you're welcome to Sisler - have fun with him, Dick Allen, Frank Thomas, and Jim Thome.
7. thaibill screws rburgh with
8. bontomn screws DonFESQ with
9. andyc screws Steve Ames with
10. Mr. Regulator screws Novie with
11. he's meat screws wrz25 with
12. Dacelo screws Modmark with

ROUND 3--Free Agents
1. Modmark
2. wrz25
3. Novie
4. Steve Ames
5. DOnFESQ
6. rburgh
7. thaibill
8. bontomn
9. andyc
10. Mr. Regulator
11. he's meat
12. Dacelo

There are now 19 teams left, which is right, since we started with 37 and I just make pick #18.
rburgh

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat