Summer - Winter Keeper League Chat

Postby Sknsfan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Hey Dreaming Tree:

Kaviksdad who does the awesome job of updating our spreadsheet said this when i asked a little while ago:

It's about 276th on my list of things to do right now. Hopefully I can get to it next month

Hope that helps.

Also - feel free to take a look at my team and see if there are any releivers you may want.
Sknsfan

Postby jflatour99 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 pm

jflatour99 trade:

E. O'Flaherty (RP)

to dreamingtree for:

J. Jurrjens (SP)
jflatour99

Postby jmccully61 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:38 pm

I confirm the deal above
jmccully61

Postby jmccully61 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:20 pm

I just thought of an idea, and would like to see how others feel about it. Currently, we draft players who do not yet have cards, and have two years to move them on our 40 man roster or release them. What about setting up a system were you can move 2 or 3 players to a "Reserve List", and once placed on the "Reserve List" they have to remain on it for at least 1 year. In other words, their card for that season can not be used a all. The purpose of this is the following is two fold.

First, last year I had Romero on my roster, but he did not have a 2009 card, but I kept him on my 2009 roster knowing he would have a 2010 card. Therefore, I used 1 of my roster spots for a player that I could not use. Another example would be to place a player who had a down year or was injured, and the production of their card will be well below what it has been in years past. An example of this would be Aramris Rameriez. For the first 11 or 12 years he put up steady numbers, last year was a career low, most likely due to playing through injury. His 2010 card will be horrible, but he is off to a good 2011 season. A final example could be Chase Utley. There are rumors he might miss all of 2011. Therefore, I would use another spot on the 30 man list to protect a player that will not have a 2011 card.

Second, when we have to protect 30 of our 40 players, it allows owners an extra option for a card they might want to protect for future years.

In conclusion, the purpose of this is not to find a way to prevent losing potential players in the annual free agent draft, but to place a player on a 1 year "Reserve List" due to unforeseen circumstances from the previous year. Again, to avoid abuse of this system, it has to be limited to 2 or 3 players where a player has had cards in the past, but not in the current season, aka Romero or possible Utley, and in the case of very productive player who had a down year to injuries, aka Rameriez.

This is just an idea that I am throwing out there, how to ya'll feel about something like this
jmccully61

Postby Sknsfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:31 pm

This is similar in theory to the idea i proposed back in February, but i think I agree with the point that was brought up by KD back then.

The 40 man roster, and consequently the 25-30 man roster going into the draft are where you have to make those tough decisions on your players.

For example I already know I'll be eating Wainwright's non-card in 2012, but it's my call to not let him go just because he'll have no card after missing this season. - Here's to 2013 and the STL training staff!!

just my 2cents
Sknsfan

Postby jmccully61 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:30 am

I just want to let everyone know that if anyone needs depth at SP, and do not want to trade a RP, then I would be willing to expect draft picks for either the free agent or prospect draft. The number and type of picks would depend on the SP.

Wade Davis
Dallas Braden
Jeramey Guthrie
Fastao Carmona
John Garland
Wade Leblanc
Clayton Richard
Johnny Cueto
Zito
and I have rights to Niese and Sanniaba
jmccully61

Postby jmccully61 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:04 am

When is the free agent draft, and when do we need to have our rosters cut down to 30 men? Also, I forget who does the spreadsheet, but when you have the time could you send an updated spreadsheet before the roster cut deadline?
jmccully61

Postby tcochran » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 am

Per the league rules:

"3) We'll play 2 seasons per year, one in the Summer and one in the Winter. The draft for the Summer season will begin on July 5th and the draft for the Winter season will begin on January 5th. "

PLEASE POST YOUR KEEPERS, PROMOTIONS, AND DROPS BY JUNE 20
tcochran

Available players:

Postby jflatour99 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Here's available players that I'd trade for prospects draft picks (or maybe F.A.) or to improve elsewhere:

Saltalamachia,
Jesus Montero,
B.Boesch,
K.Morales,
A.Hill,
D.Young,
N.Reimold,
Phil Hughes,
G.Floyd,
R.Franklin.
jflatour99

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

Guys - I'm now working on the roster update and hope to have it done by next weekend in time for the commish to email them out by Monday morning next week.

As to when we start - my schedule frees up a bit starting next week, so I'm good to go anytime after that.

Is everyone ok with this:

I finish the updates and the commish gets them out to everyone by next Monday, June 13th.

We spend the week making our drops - with drops being final Friday night, June 17th.

We freeze the rosters then (you can make deals, but can't announce them until the freeze is lifted) so I can update the update and get it out to the commish over that weekend.

We begin the free agent draft the following Monday morning, June 20th.

How's that work for everyone?
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat