"Pre-Card Draft" Keeper League

Postby cslip4 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 am

Guys,

I exist. At least thats what people tell me. I have had some personal issues and that is the delay. My apologies. I will be in today. I promise. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience.
cslip4

Postby tcochran » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 am

Smitty, thanks for contacting cslip4.

And cslip, thanks for surfacing.

We all look forward to getting the league started!
tcochran

Auto-draft

Postby tcochran » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Welcome aboard, cslip4.

The auto-draft should run tonight!
tcochran

Postby blsmith7 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 am

bump
blsmith7

Roster expansion tomorrow

Postby tcochran » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 am

Per the rules,

"4) Each team may add an additional 3 players to their active MLB roster (to a maximum of 28 players) after game 132 has been played."
tcochran

Postby tcochran » Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Congratulations to Palmtana on a 4-0 sweep of the finals. Great finish to an exciting season!

I'm finishing up two other drafts right now, so need a few days before we swing into action again here.

In the interim, here's a recap of the rules for the supplemental draft:

SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT
1) A supplemental free agent draft of up to 3 rounds will be held between the two seasons of each card set.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 3) prior to the supplemental draft.
3) Owners may draft no more than 3 players. Owners are not required to drop or draft any players during the supplemental draft.
4) Supplemental free agent drafts are non-serpentine, with draft order based on the final win/loss records of the previous season: Reverse order, worst-record first, NFL style.
5) There is no clock for round 1 of the supplemental free agent draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 2-hour clock, as in the initial draft.
6) The supplemental free agent draft is only 3 rounds. Owners with less than a full roster may use the supplemental free agent draft to get back to a 40 man roster, provided they can do that within 3 rounds. There will never be more than 36 picks made in the supplemental draft.
7) Only those players who played at least one MLB game during the season for which the draft is being conducted may be selected.

How about if we post our drops this week and then plan on beginning the supplemental draft on next Monday, 5/23...

There is no requirement to drop any players for this draft, if you do not wish to select any new ones. Please indicate names of one, two, or three players being dropped or "none" if that's appropriate.

DROPS FOR SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT BEGINNING MONDAY, 5/23

tcochran

Postby Palmtana » Tue May 17, 2011 7:18 pm

This year is my first year playing in keeper leagues. In other leagues I am, 2 of them have Season 2 in July and 2 in October. I think the reasoning is the later in the real-life season we go we would get a better understanding of who would make a good supplemental draft pick to improve our teams. This early in the season it's kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.

In addition, I'm extremely busy. I've got a champagne mess to clean up in the clubhouse...... then order 40 rings....... Also, I told the boys I'd see them in a couple of months. They're scattered. Except for Chacin. Lost his passport. Guess who he's staying with. Man, is he high maintenance.
Palmtana

Postby tcochran » Tue May 17, 2011 8:05 pm

[quote:e178d8ea8b="Palmtana"]This year is my first year playing in keeper leagues. In other leagues I am, 2 of them have Season 2 in July and 2 in October. I think the reasoning is the later in the real-life season we go we would get a better understanding of who would make a good supplemental draft pick to improve our teams. This early in the season it's kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.

In addition, I'm extremely busy. I've got a champagne mess to clean up in the clubhouse...... then order 40 rings....... Also, I told the boys I'd see them in a couple of months. They're scattered. Except for Chacin. Lost his passport. Guess who he's staying with. Man, is he high maintenance.[/quote:e178d8ea8b]

Hey, just kick the bum out! In fact, it's okay with me if a bunch of your guys celebrate way too much (after what they did to my guys)...

I wouldn't mind delaying season 2 for a bit -- I'm running two other drafts at the moment -- however, I think the spirit of a "pre-card draft" league would best be served by having the supplemental draft occur prematurely, just as our regular annual draft does.

What does everyone else think?
tcochran

Postby Palmtana » Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 pm

[quote:b86f6cc305="tcochran"].....however, I think the spirit of a "pre-card draft" league would best be served by having the supplemental draft occur prematurely, just as our regular annual draft does.[/quote:b86f6cc305]

Excellent point. We do have a mini-theme within this keeper league. So our annual FA draft in all years will occur before the cards come out. With that in mind I withdraw my mini-objection. Let the prognostication begin. Anything to get Chacin back with his roomy.
Palmtana

Postby bbasebrawl » Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 am

SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT
1) A supplemental free agent draft of up to 3 rounds will be held between the two seasons of each card set.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 3) prior to the supplemental draft.
3) Owners may draft no more than 3 players. Owners are not required to drop or draft any players during the supplemental draft.
4) Supplemental free agent drafts are non-serpentine, with draft order based on the final win/loss records of the previous season: Reverse order, worst-record first, NFL style.
5) There is no clock for round 1 of the supplemental free agent draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 2-hour clock, as in the initial draft.
6) The supplemental free agent draft is only 3 rounds. Owners with less than a full roster may use the supplemental free agent draft to get back to a 40 man roster, provided they can do that within 3 rounds. There will never be more than 36 picks made in the supplemental draft.
7) Only those players who played at least one MLB game during the season for which the draft is being conducted may be selected.

How about if we post our drops this week and then plan on beginning the supplemental draft on next Monday, 5/23...

There is no requirement to drop any players for this draft, if you do not wish to select any new ones. Please indicate names of one, two, or three players being dropped or "none" if that's appropriate.

DROPS FOR SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT BEGINNING MONDAY, 5/23

1. bbasebrawl drops: Flowers, Coke, C.Young
bbasebrawl

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat