Bud Selig Keeper League - Chat Thread

Postby Sknsfan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Just sent you the list.

I'll get one of the first two for sure, but if by the second pick everyone is gone and you are still interested in the trade for your 3rd and 4th prospect picks next year I'll make that trade.

If you're no longer interested and they are all taken just let everyone know and you can skip me and i'll fill in when i get back tonight.

Thanks
Sknsfan

Postby Paul_Long71 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:55 pm

put in Cubit's email proxy to me, BUT....I have never heard of him and can't find him on Baseballreference.com in the minors ANYWHERE. At least not a pitcher with that name and not on STL.

so, cubit may come on and change that...
Paul_Long71

Postby travelingjack » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:20 pm

re: Carlos Martinez- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch had an article about him couple of weeks ago- very young, unpolished fireballer with a lot of upside but also a lot of risk. I think he is from the Dominican Rep., speaks little English and still adjusting to U.S. Interesting article, don't know if you can find it online, I read it the old fashioned way.

On a related note, if anyone has not seen the movie "Sugar" I highly recommend it for baseball fans. About a young pitcher from Latin America who gets signed by the Royals and then struggles to make it through the system. Slow at times and a bit depressing but a very good look at modern baseball.

Oh yeah, Martinez is on the Cards Quad Cities roster. 8-)
travelingjack

Postby Roscodog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:35 pm

speaking of movies my favorite movie of all time is the Boondock Saints, it's awesome. NEVER EVER WATCH THE BOONDOCK SAITNS II, IT RUINS THE FIRST ONE.
Roscodog

Postby Roscodog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 pm

[quote:c00e9365a2="sknsfan"]Just sent you the list.

I'll get one of the first two for sure, but if by the second pick everyone is gone and you are still interested in the trade for your 3rd and 4th prospect picks next year I'll make that trade.

If you're no longer interested and they are all taken just let everyone know and you can skip me and i'll fill in when i get back tonight.

Thanks[/quote:c00e9365a2]

deal
Roscodog

Postby Sknsfan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Damnit - had Lamb on my list for so long i wasn't really doing a ny research on him. Missed that he just went down for TJ surgery.

Oh well.

At least we get to keep our prospects for an unlimited time in this league.
Sknsfan

Postby Roscodog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 pm

[quote:99839041a0="sknsfan"]Damnit - had Lamb on my list for so long i wasn't really doing a ny research on him. Missed that he just went down for TJ surgery.

Oh well.

At least we get to keep our prospects for an unlimited time in this league.[/quote:99839041a0]

personally I have no problem if you want to repick based on the circumstances
Roscodog

Postby Paul_Long71 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:19 pm

I would say he should re-pick AFTER the draft is complete. Part of the draft is the research.....not against letting him change the Lamb pick, just think the penalty should be that he waits until the end of the draft to do so.

I think that's fair....I was going to propose the same thing on the C. Martinez pick if he in fact didn't exist, but I've been shown wrong and he does exist, I just didnt find him.
Paul_Long71

Postby Sknsfan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm good with whatever decision the group wants to make on it.

I'd probably replace him if given the opportunity but since the only limit we have on prospects is the total number in our farm system and not how long we can keep them, then i have no problem hanging onto a big hard throwing lefty for a couple of years to see if he gets it back.
Sknsfan

Postby Paul_Long71 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:29 pm

need Terry101 to load and then it's on to the West.

:D :D
Paul_Long71

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat