General Managers Keeper League

Postby qksilver69 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:27 am

OLE! OLE! :D
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 am

Actually (and Marc already knows this) my perfect plan was have played YOU in the Finals and win (but Marc deprived me of that pleasure).

My thinking here though is that if I decide I'm leaving SOM for good at the end of this year then it would be in the best interests of the team/league to have the replacement owner participate in the Prospect and Supplemental Drafts himself, so he could start molding the team in "his" image.

Considering the records that the 4 of us (Dave, Smokey, Marc and myself) had head to head, I don't feel like I would be missing any "butt-whipping" as much as just beating each other's brains in while the rest of the league had much more competitive divisions. As the playoffs showed - the 4 of us match up way better than our regular season records would indicate.

My only concern here again is what's best for the league starting with the potential replacement owner. It would seem seem selfish of me to participate in the Prospect and Supplemental drafts (as much as I love those - building the team is my favorite part) if I wouldn't be returning.
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Say it ain't so Joe! :(

Finding a replacement won't be a problem Sandy - but finding the perfect foil for Dave will be. :lol:

I would suggest that even if you do decide to leave go ahead and make the draft picks. You know better than a replacement what your plan was for your team, and if you set it up as you have been there's no one to blame but the new guy if things go bad.
kaviksdad

Season 2 divisional assignment and supp/prospect draft order

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Here's the divisions for season 2 of GMKL:

East (ugh!):
Kaviksdad
Sandlotshrink
Qksilver
Smokey

Central:
Cubit
Nythawk
AFDickie
Cummings

West:
Palmtana
Smitty
Sykes
Ninersphan

The draft order for the supplemental and pt. 2 of the prospect draft is the same, and is as follows:

1) Palmtana
2) Smitty
3) Sykes
4) Ninersphan
5) Cubit
6) Nythawk
7) AFDickie
8) Cummings
9) Kaviksdad
10) Sandlotshrink
11) Smokey
12) Qksilver

I'm taking suggestions as to when to start season 2. Should we take a break of a month or so? Or do we want to jump right back on the horse?
kaviksdad

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Giddyup!

well done sandy! tough luck KD.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby cirills » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks Smoke!

KD,

IF I return to do the drafts, I canNOT until the week of 7/4 (I know - ugh!) through 7/10, and then not again until 7/25 - 7/31 (family vaco again in the mountains before and then family reunion to follow).
cirills

Please indicate when you are unavailable

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 am

Ok, so there's a two week window where you're available for the drafts. I believe Cubit is in Japan and might not be available for a bit, and it's summer vacation time as well.

I did this last year, so let's try it again. I need to know everyone's schedule so we can get the drafts done and season 2 underway. So under your name can you put down any time period you[b:a69eaa764c] WILL BE UNAVAILABLE AND CANNOT[/b:a69eaa764c] participate due to other issues:

Cubit
Smitty
Ninersphan
Kaviksdad
Sykes
Palmtana
Smokey
Qksilver
AFDickie
Nythawk
Cummings
Sandlotshrink - Unavailable 6/13 thru 7/3 & 7/11 thru 7/24
kaviksdad

Postby blsmith7 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 am

Ok, so there's a two week window where you're available for the drafts. I believe Cubit is in Japan and might not be available for a bit, and it's summer vacation time as well.

I did this last year, so let's try it again. I need to know everyone's schedule so we can get the drafts done and season 2 underway. So under your name can you put down any time period you WILL BE UNAVAILABLE AND CANNOT participate due to other issues:

Cubit
Smitty - Unavailable 7/7 - 7/16(or so)
Ninersphan
Kaviksdad
Sykes
Palmtana
Smokey
Qksilver
AFDickie
Nythawk
Cummings
blsmith7

Postby Palmtana » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:10 pm

I did this last year, so let's try it again. I need to know everyone's schedule so we can get the drafts done and season 2 underway. So under your name can you put down any time period you WILL BE UNAVAILABLE AND CANNOT participate due to other issues:

Cubit
Ninersphan
Kaviksdad
Sykes
Palmtana - no restrictions
Smokey
Qksilver
AFDickie
Nythawk
Cummings
Palmtana

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Cubit
Ninersphan - Available anytime (so far)
Kaviksdad - Available anytime (so far)
Sykes
Palmtana - no restrictions
Smokey
Qksilver
AFDickie
Nythawk
Cummings - Available anytime (so far)