200/60 Keeper League- Year 4

Postby The Danger » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Roster Update:

I traded Chad Billingsley to Rally Sally at the end of last year's 60, as part of a deal we made during last year's 200 season. So he should be listed on Rally Sally's roster and not mine.

Also, I'm not going to really be able to focus on my drops until Monday. I am working all weekend. Thanks.
The Danger

Postby CATom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:54 am

i'll take ineluke's team, I have the roster, will post 10 cuts today :)

Tom.
CATom

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:45 pm

[quote:3d0edd0d78="The Danger"]Roster Update:

I traded Chad Billingsley to Rally Sally at the end of last year's 60, as part of a deal we made during last year's 200 season. So he should be listed on Rally Sally's roster and not mine.

Also, I'm not going to really be able to focus on my drops until Monday. I am working all weekend. Thanks.[/quote:3d0edd0d78]

The deal in question was EITHER Billingsley or Kershaw.

I never saw a post where it was specified WHICH one went to RallySally - so I didn't move anyone.

That's what happens when you make conditional deals and then don't specify the conditions.
kaviksdad

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:48 pm

[quote:be9435bd07="ehlekev"]Hey Tom, since I was first in, I will grab bbasebrawl's team. I just checked his roster. Believe you me.......you're not missing much!!! :cry:

Kev

*Terry/Kav, Can we change our stadiums since we are new here?[/quote:be9435bd07]

Kev - the normal rule in these keepers is that new owners get the opportunity to pick a new stadium when replacing managers.

But that's Terry's call - he's the boss.

In any case, next year we have the opportunity to change our stadiums so if you're stuck this year you can change next.

Also, you can trade stadiums with another manager at any time before we begin play
kaviksdad

Re: Trade Announcement

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:18 pm

[quote:6aa8e62f84="Rally Sally"]After heated negotiations, a trade has been made. Rally Sally will be sending Dan Haren to The Danger for the duration of this $200 mil season.

In exchange, Rally Sally will receive a player of the Danger's choice following the conclusion of the 2010 MLB season, or our $60 mil season (whichever happens last). He must choose between Chad Billingsley and Clayton Kershaw.

The Danger to confirm.[/quote:6aa8e62f84]

No, you traded Haren for either Kershaw or Billingsley on 5/10/10.

With Danger saying it's Billingsley, then the trade ultimately turned out to be Haren for Billingsley.

Which brings up something else that's a nightmare - trying to keep track of these conditional deals with different options. Unless you're real good at following up and updating the deals (including tying the posts together) these are almost impossible to keep track of. In the leagues I run they are not allowed - which I would recommend here. You wanna deal - deal.

You wanna be a REAL MLB gm - apply to Bud Selig. :P
kaviksdad

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:29 pm

[quote:86dde380db="BED"]Kaviksdad, I am doing it to help out which means I want to play and have some fun. I have some health issues going on but I will do what I can if someone needs help. SGT D[/quote:86dde380db]

Glad you're sticking around Sarge - hope you didn't think I was trying to get started without you :)
kaviksdad

Re: Trade Announcement

Postby Cubit » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:22 pm

[quote:634f95ebb2="kaviksdad"]

You wanna be a REAL MLB gm - apply to Bud Selig. :P[/quote:634f95ebb2]

I really hear you on this kaviksdad and am very grateful for you and anyone keeping the records for us. Whatever makes your life easier I am strongly for. Thanks again for leaving us free to ruin our own teams in our own ways.... :roll: I would agree that any "private" conditional deals be kept between managers on their own and not involve 'official' record keeping. Character will out in the end... :wink:
Cubit

Postby Rally Sally » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm going to go ahead and take full responsibility for the roster mix-up guys. I thought that I made the completion post after last year's season ended... :oops: I really appreciate all the work that Kaviksdad does for this league (and how many others?) and it is ridiculous to expect him to keep track of all the craziness. If it's any consolation, I'm definitely out of the Inventive-Trades business.

If it's ok, I'd like to post the official completion to the controversial Rent-a-Haren trade. Here's Terry's ruling from last year:

[quote:15c50557b4]The trade will stand. Danger gets Dan Haren for 2010; Rally Sally gets either Billingsley or Kershaw for next year. [/quote:15c50557b4]

So, Here's the original post of the trade:

[quote:15c50557b4]After heated negotiations, a trade has been made. Rally Sally will be sending Dan Haren to The Danger for the duration of this $200 mil season.

In exchange, Rally Sally will receive a player of the Danger's choice following the conclusion of the 2010 MLB season, or our $60 mil season (whichever happens last). He must choose between Chad Billingsley and Clayton Kershaw. [/quote:15c50557b4]

Haren returned to my roster, and The Danger has agreed to send Chad Billingsley to complete the trade. The Danger to confirm. This will leave myself with 52 players before drops, and The Danger with 51.

If anyone feels like the original agreement is not clear enough in the intent of Haren returning to my roster, then The Danger and I can make a straight trade of an auxiliary player to complete the trade. Again, my bad. Sorry for all the confusion; if you all have rotten vegetables and Renaissance-era curses, you may commence the flinging.
Rally Sally

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 am

Andrew - just want to make sure I understand this.

You traded Haren to Danger for either Billingsley or Kershaw, with it ulitimately being Billingsley.

Danger used Haren for a season (both the $200 million and the $60 million) then sent him back to you?

So you traded a season's worth of Haren for Chad Billingsley, with both now on your roster and Danger not having either one going forward?

Was that the deal?

I just want to be clear what it was so I can keep the records straight.
kaviksdad

Postby CATom » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

IF we can, I too would love to get OUT of Kaufman and into another stadium :)

Tom.

if not I AM WILLING to trade parks.
CATom

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat