Ethical Question

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Totally agree with comments AND ...

Postby robert.kosky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Great comments guys! You have to go with benching the 15 game injury risks.

And, I wanted to share that a huge majority of the guys that are in Strato baseball are truly quality characters. I've been involved with fantasy football for a long time, and it is safe to state that Strato Baseball owners are several notches above those in the fantasy football I've been in. Strato guys are ethical, honest and give great advice! Strato baseball has now over taken fantasy football as the best on-line game out there for me!
robert.kosky

Postby jayhawk81 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Totally agree, you should rest your high-injury risk players.

good luck in the playoffs.
jayhawk81

Postby Jimmy_C » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:19 am

I always rest the big injury risk players as soon as I clinch.

It don't mean a thing if you don't get that ring!!
Jimmy_C

Postby Ragnarokpc » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:34 am

I agree with what everyone is saying . . . and would add, if you had a series against that team and didn't want to see them in the playoffs (they seemed to have your number during the season) I think it would be natural to play your best lineup for that series, while resting them against the weaker teams.
Ragnarokpc

Postby wesleyeugeneclark » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:35 pm

I was able to rest up my players and went 7-1 in the playoffs on my way to the championship. Craziest league I have ever been in....I had Bill Russell as my everyday shortstop and he hit .320! Bruce Sutter was the MVP and Cy Young award winner. Nate Colbert was awesome in the regular season and then just went bonkers in the playoffs. Really fun league with a great bunch of guys and I was lucky enough to win.
wesleyeugeneclark

Postby apolivka » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Wow, only one drop in a mystery card team. You really hit the jackpot there.

Siebert wins 23 with his worst card
You hit on Alexander's only real playable card
You played threes at c/2b/ss
You let Jerry Augustine(!!??!!) pitch 100+ innings
Pretty much all your bench players did GREAT

101 wins and a title, congrats!
apolivka

Postby The Conndor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:42 pm

very impressive job with this team. Reading over the numbers shows a great lesson in sticking to your guns even if the numbers aren't great. You knew you were in a hitters park, so even though Reuss, Donnie Moore and a couple other pitchers weren't putting up smashing numbers, you stuck with them b/c they fit your park and your team. Yes, you got lucky with a couple of players, but you didn't drop a couple of others where some guys (like me) might have given up on in trying to "improve" their already good team. Nice.
The Conndor

Not to steal Wes's thunder

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 pm

But the theme intentionally loaded us up with 20 bad picks, the draft was a BLAST! We each picked the worst possible team with 20 players totaling $60mil, then the teams went into a hat and we each got one (could have been our own) LOL.

Needless to say Ellis Valentine was a top pick!

We could then spend our last $20mil anyway we saw fit.

Would do this again for sure.
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby wesleyeugeneclark » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Trust me when I say that I wanted to drop people. The format was awesome. I would play it again for sure! I was really stuck with my initial 20 players. I think I whined about having 5 catchers. I made some trades and luckily it all worked out (in spite of the manager!) When we had our draft for the 5 "ringers", I lucked out and got Sutter. I figured he would dominate in this league. Really fun league! What's the next theme league?
wesleyeugeneclark

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s