General Managers Keeper League

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

[quote:133c8fdc69="Palmtana"]I have 8 prospects now and 3 prospect picks soooo.....Kenley Jansen (prospect) promoted. I'll remove Aaron Hill from my supplemental drops.[/quote:133c8fdc69]

Now you're making my head hurt.

Your original drops were Dee Brown, Chris Snyder and Adam Laroche. Aaron Hill wasn't among them.

Your amended drops now show only Snyder and Laroche, removing Brown - which puts you at 38.

Promoting Jansen puts you at 39, with one supplemental pick. Aaron Hill still isn't part of the equation.

Is this what you want?
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm running out of time to draft and I don't see a draft thread posted.

I have day and night through the end of this week (inc. weekend) and then day only next week and nothing the week after that.

Just an FYI reminder
cirills

Postby Palmtana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Marc, my drop post from 7/1 includes Hill. I'm not sure why I thought I needed to put him back on my 40 man roster after Jansen's promotion, but I don't. So my 3 drops from 7/1 can stand leaving me with 2 supp. picks. I deleted my "Amended Picks" post in the drops thread from earlier today. Sound right? If you want to start the draft thread I'm ready with pick #1.

Also, regarding prospects the league rules state:

[quote:4b38882a61]4) Only those players without MLB experience, and who have been drafted or signed by any professional baseball organization are eligible for any prospect draft.[/quote:4b38882a61]

It looks like that rule was changed along the way because you wrote this during this springs prospect draft:

[quote:4b38882a61]Only those baseball players (worldwide) that have signed a contract (not in their draft year) with a major professional baseball organization (USA or Japan), but have not appeared in an official game, are eligible. [/quote:4b38882a61]

I assume we use these most recent guidelines. Just double checking. Does "not in their draft year" mean that although there have been some signings from this years June draft, those players are ineligible to be drafted?
Last edited by Palmtana on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palmtana

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 pm

[quote:447771fdf7="sandlotshrink"]I'm running out of time to draft and I don't see a draft thread posted.

I have day and night through the end of this week (inc. weekend) and then day only next week and nothing the week after that.

Just an FYI reminder[/quote:447771fdf7]

I'm dancing as fast as I can Larry. I'm seriously considering postponing the draft and season 2 until we get the Sykes situation straightened out. I've not had a response in awhile, and as much as I like keeping the whole gang around this has become a real distraction.

I'll send off another email to Charlie and Sykes - whatever we decide to do won't be in time for Sandy to participate, so that pushes us back to the 7/25-7/31 window for Sandy.

IF nobody chimes in with any kind of a constructive thought I'm pulling the plug and we're waiting until 7/25. These disappearing managers are really making things a chore knowing the time constraints we play by.
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm so sorry. :cry:

I didn't realize there was a problem with Sykes.

I hadn't been on in ages so I thought I was the one behind.

Sorry again. :cry:

I just didn't want to be the reason for not moving forward, but/and if I am I will find a very suitable replacement if needed.
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:58 pm

No, you're not the ones we're having problems with Sandy. It doesn't look like we're going to get going this week, so we most likely are going to Plan B - which is your 7/25-7/31 window.

Unless some miracle happens in the next few hours.
kaviksdad

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 pm

[quote:7f90e5225b="kaviksdad"][quote:7f90e5225b="sandlotshrink"]I'm running out of time to draft and I don't see a draft thread posted.

Just an FYI reminder[/quote:7f90e5225b]

I'm dancing as fast as I can Larry. I'm seriously considering postponing the draft and season 2 until we get the Sykes situation straightened out. I've not had a response in awhile, and as much as I like keeping the whole gang around this has become a real distraction.

I'll send off another email to Charlie and Sykes - whatever we decide to do won't be in time for Sandy to participate, so that pushes us back to the 7/25-7/31 window for Sandy.

[b:7f90e5225b]IF nobody chimes in with any kind of a constructive thought I'm pulling the plug and we're waiting until 7/25.[/b:7f90e5225b] These disappearing managers are really making things a chore knowing the time constraints we play by.[/quote:7f90e5225b]

Not sure what you are looking for from us. :? :?:

I said a couple of weeks ago, to look for a permanent replacement, others have mentioned it as well. I know you wanna "keep the gang together" but clearly sykes has demonstrated that either, he can't participate 'cause he doesn't have the time, or won't for reason's only he knows.

Frankly I think we should have been searching out a replacement when he didn't choose to finish his roster after the season started. Now I don't know what e-mail's or pm's you may be privy to from him, but let's stop beating the dead horse, and get someone in here who can make the commitment to the league.
Ninersphan

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:21 pm

THAT'S what I was looking for - I was tired of hearing the damned echo... :roll:

The supp draft is postponed until Monday July 25th. I'll get a replacement in for Sykes and that will give Charlie some time to check in. It will also let get an update out to everybody.

Stay tuned...
kaviksdad

Postby cummings2 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Hey there gang, uber sorry for keeping the group on hold. With family visiting for the 4th I completely dropped the ball on a whole bunch of interwebz shtuff.

My bad.

I will post my only drop in a sec.

C2
cummings2

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 am

Guys, I am going to be in Japan the week of the 25th. Sorry, new news from work. I may be able to check in but unless we go no clock, will be tough for me to do that week...
qksilver69

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat