5. Bunze0 (bass turds) - G. Hartnett (C), hackra sovines
6. Munich_Man (Maniacs) - H. Vaughn (SP), dacelo
7. Honeyman (Honeymen) - T. Stearnes (CF), 13 Baseballs
8. Modmark47 (War Hammers) - L. Walker (RF), Emart
9. emart (Fringe) - Suzuki (RF), bunze0
10. Mr. Baseball World (Bears) - Cuyler(LF) modmark
11. BobBoone (Force) -
12. JoeOC (Ghosts) -

Each owner is required to confirm that you received and read the SBDL Constitution. Making your Steal Round selection is your "sign off" of the constitution.
Among other things, please note the new "Infractions and penalties" section. Already, some managers are close to a league violation (not meeting an offseason schedule deadline); however, without your confirmation, I feel I cannot impose any penalties.
Bill

Keepers by Position (alphabetical):
C- J. Gibson, G hartnett
1b- Gehrig
2b- Biggio, Hornsby, Huggins, Morgan ,R Sandberg
3b- Brett, Mathews, Schmidt
SS- Banks, Bowa ,W Wells
OF- Aaron, Bry Bonds, Charleston, Cobb, Cuyler, Griffey Jr., Kiner, Mantle, Mays, Musial, Ruth,A Simmons, Snider, T. Speaker, Stearnes, Suzuki, L. Walker, T. Williams, Yastrzemski
SP- Alexander, Demaree, R. Johnson, Kaat, Maddux, P. Martinez, Richard, Vaughn
RP- Eckersley, Radatz, Rivera, Schultz, Wilhelm
Mr Baseball World

Postby BobBoone » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 pm

STEAL ROUND
1 .13Baseballs (Furball) - W. Wells (SS), Munich_Man
2. Dacelo (Jukes) - T. Speaker (CF), Honeyman
3. Palanion (Furs) - A. Simmons, (OF)), Mr. Baseball World
4. hackra (Sovine) - R. Sandburg (2b), BobBoone
11. BobBoone (Force) - Rau (P) Palanion
12. JoeOC (Ghosts) -

Each owner is required to confirm that you received and read the SBDL Constitution. Making your Steal Round selection is your "sign off" of the constitution.
Among other things, please note the new "Infractions and penalties" section. Already, some managers are close to a league violation (not meeting an offseason schedule deadline); however, without your confirmation, I feel I cannot impose any penalties.
Bill

C- J. Gibson, G hartnett
1b- Gehrig
SS- Banks, Bowa ,W Wells
OF- Aaron, Bry Bonds, Charleston, Cobb, Cuyler, Griffey Jr., Kiner, Mantle, Mays, Musial, Ruth,A Simmons, Snider, T. Speaker, Stearnes, Suzuki, L. Walker, T. Williams, Yastrzemski
SP- Alexander, Demaree, R. Johnson, Kaat, Maddux, P. Martinez, D. Rau, Richard, Vaughn
BobBoone

Clarification.

Postby BobBoone » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:59 pm

At which point much I announce my park change?
BobBoone

Postby hackra » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 pm

from the constitution that Bill sent,

[quote:5154fddcaa]3. Relocating
a. A manager may relocate his team to a different ballpark as long as the three-season commitment for the previous ballpark has been met.
b. The manager must announce the new ballpark during the portion of the offseason in which managers announce keepers.
c. The fee for relocating is the forfeiture of the manager’s sixth round pick in the live draft. If the manager does not have a sixth round pick, then the lowest round pick still available is forfeited. In the unlikely event that a manager has no draft picks to forfeit, then the manager loses one keeper slot (only a maximum of six keepers).
4. Any time the league restructures, no manager can relocate to another ballpark until after the third season of the new league creation.
5. New managers, taking over existing teams, have the option to relocate without forfeiture of a draft pick.
a. This “free” ballpark change happens only for the manager’s first season.
[/quote:5154fddcaa]

Now would be the time to announce the change of ballparks (or with your next keepers) 8-)
hackra

Postby joeoc » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Do I steal from myself :?: :shock: :roll:

Nobody wanted any Ghosts and there's no one left to steal from. It's OK it will just give my Ghosts some incentive to repeat. :lol: :lol:

I thought we had a rule for this situation but don't see anything in our constitution

[b:4fa16db009]c. Stealing players[/b:4fa16db009]
i. After all managers have announced this first set of keepers, there is one-round NFL style draft in which one non-keeper from each team’s roster of the preceding season gets “stolen” by another manager.
ii. The player is stolen not the player year, and the year need not be announced.
iii. Stolen players are considered keepers from this point forward.
iv. A time limit between picks of 12 hours (including “overnight” and weekends), after which time the next manager in the draft order may make a selection.
joeoc

Postby Bunze0 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Baseballs constittution requires i have a 4 to 3 ratio so sent new idea by pm.
if not it's ok we can still do gibson for banks and not include other players. Let me know thanks.
Bunze0

Postby hackra » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:57 pm

[quote:e61cef506b="JOEOC"]Do I steal from myself :?: :shock: :roll:

[/quote:e61cef506b]

[b:e61cef506b]Yes, I think you do steal from your own team. I asked Bill this question when I joined the league last year.[/b:e61cef506b]

here was his post on the SBDL Discussion (it is page 133)

Report abuse | Block 21 Mar 2011 13:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK... let's see if I can answer these questions for all.

Year of keeper. hackra is correct that the rules state we must announce year with player, but I think we probably decided as a group not to do that, at some point, and I did not document it. So, years are not required.

Trading. Each team is allowed ONE trade that involves keeper(s) between now and the end of the live draft. After the live draft is over, keepers must remain (including the year drafted in the autodraft) on the roster through game 6 of the regular season. No trading for future considerations.

Steal round. You cannot steal a player from your own roster with one exception: if you are the 12th team in the round and your team has not been stolen from (which has never happened).

Trading AND the steal round. You can trade a steal pick, certainly, and end up with two picks in the steal round. However, you must retain the 7 keeper maximum and the hitter-pitcher ratio. So, if you protect three players and steal two, then you can only protect two more in the second set of keepers.

Ballparks. We have all been in the same ballparks since season 18 (at the most recent), thus we can all change ballparks if we so choose. However, keep in mind that to change ballparks you must a)announce the new park with your keepers (first or second set) AND b)use one of your draft picks to obtain the ballpark (you will list the ballpark instead of a player in a draft slot). Conveniently, this means the new ATG6 parks are available to one and all. Keep in mind that we use unique parks, so they will be first come, first serve. Only when someone announces a change does their previous ballpark become available.

Bill
hackra

Postby joeoc » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Steal round. You cannot steal a player from your own roster with one exception: if you are the 12th team in the round and your team has not been stolen from (which has never happened). It has now :!: :shock: With this in mind the Ghosts will protect Frank Robinson saving him from retirement.

STEAL ROUND
1 .13Baseballs (Furball) - W. Wells (SS), Munich_Man
2. Dacelo (Jukes) - T. Speaker (CF), Honeyman
3. Palanion (Furs) - A. Simmons, (OF)), Mr. Baseball World
4. hackra (Sovine) - R. Sandburg (2b), BobBoone
11. BobBoone (Force) - Rau (P) Palanion
[b:4ded61b1c2]12. JoeOC (Ghosts) - F.Robinson (RF) JoeOC[/b:4ded61b1c2]

Bill

C- J. Gibson, G hartnett
1b- Gehrig
SS- Banks, Bowa ,W Wells
OF- Aaron, Bry Bonds, Charleston, Cobb, Cuyler, Griffey Jr., Kiner, Mantle, Mays, Musial,[b:4ded61b1c2] F. Robinson,[/b:4ded61b1c2] Ruth,A Simmons, Snider, T. Speaker, Stearnes, Suzuki, L. Walker, T. Williams, Yastrzemski
SP- Alexander, Demaree, R. Johnson, Kaat, Maddux, P. Martinez, D. Rau, Richard, Vaughn

I have a copy of the league constitution and have reread most of it.
joeoc

Modmark's other Keepers!

Postby modmark46 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:46 am

Camnitz, T. Brown & L. Smith. So...

My 7 players (6 keepers and my steal) - Bry. Bonds, T. Brown, Camnitz, Mantle, Morgan, L. Smith & L. Walker. 4 hitters & 3 pitchers.
modmark46

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat