The New TKL 24

AF Dickie

Postby fredpaii » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:46 pm

I sent you a PM. Please read before making your pick.

Thanks,

Derfs
fredpaii

HELP FOLKS

Postby Cubit » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:05 pm

[quote:960db68582="The Turtle"]fantastic, hopefully, we can get metjet, page 2 and Cubit to return and start moving again. I figured with the holiday weekend, we might hit a lull at some point.

btw Zimmerman and McCutcheon are fantastic building blocks at 24 and 25[/quote:960db68582]

I did not realize we had a time limit over the Labor Day weekend. It could have made little difference, since, like a lot of folks in my part of the country NY-Northern Jersey-Vermont, I've been engaged this weekend in volunteer efforts to help out those flooded out of their homes. I spent all of Labor Day in Paterson New Jersey (the Prez visited there yesterday some of you may know) trying to help the folks who had been evacuated in the middle of the night from their homes in Paterson to my university's campus in the middle of the night. We had to cancel our student move in and our first week of classes because so many of the nearby communities were under water, and with heavy rain expected tomorrow, we've got our fingers crossed.

I'm not really crying foul here, just stating the obvious-- sometimes life interferes with drafts and while I appreciate the effort made to communicate that we had started, we really needed this thread LONG ago to allow communications.

I did get an email from Smokey at around 5 this PM via iPhone (he emailed about 11), but I did not get home until after 9 PM and I have taken my nominal #2 pick, only missing about 16 picks....

How do you elect or post Proxiy picks on the Diamond Dope draft site? I cannot do it; I seem to recall a nice need process in earlier drafts we'd done there last season, but I could find none this time. I would certainly have posted or left proxies had I known we were picking with a time limit on a National Holiday. I am concerned, since tomorrow is our first day of reset classes and I'll be teaching, meeting, and/or volunteering all day 6 Sept.

HELP.
Cubit

Postby rburgh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 pm

When you are in the main draft screen, if you search for players, there will be a proxy button for you to click. The same thing happens of you click on "picks" at the upper left (it's not really obvious, but it's there). Once you do that, you get a view of your team so far at the left, the same search window, and a list of proxies at the right.
rburgh

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Cubit,

If it is not your pick, you will notice it says proxy next to the player's name at the end of his line. Just click that button and it will take you to the proxy page. Where you can set priority on your proxies. Then just rinse and repeat.
The Turtle

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:48 pm

[quote:7c91255b6c="blackjack57"]Yep, I'm confused too, was under the impression "at the start of the current season" and "have been signed by a ML club prior to the start of the season" meant the real MLB season, not ours.

[b:7c91255b6c]AF Dickie[/b:7c91255b6c] Is the DD site currently letting you draft or are you blocked because of the two missing picks?[/quote:7c91255b6c]

Most keeper leagues I have been a part of have read that to mean the start of our season, regarding prospects. That is why there are 2 prospect drafts in some leagues. The second one usually falls after the MLB draft/signing date.

From now on it won't matter, since our prospect draft will be in April/May and no one will be signed. This season, anyone under contract but who has not played a MLB game is eligible.
The Turtle

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 pm

The clock will start tomorrow at 10 a.m. EST with a 2-hour clock. Please remember to proxy and never have us reach that window. Remember the clock window is 2 hours and no skipping after 10 p.m. EST and 10 a.m. EST.

[b:3c5fbf39ba]Example[/b:3c5fbf39ba]: If someone picked at 9 p.m. and the next guy had not picked yet, you cannot skip him until, 11 a.m. the next morning. This is on the honor system as Diamond Dope will allow the pick after 2 hours has expired. Or else we have to turn the thing on and off like clockwork.
The Turtle

Re: AF Dickie

Postby AFDickie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 am

[quote:a7a573dcab="derfs"]I sent you a PM. Please read before making your pick.

Thanks,

Derfs[/quote:a7a573dcab]

Sorry I picked first.
AFDickie

Postby azpanthers11 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:19 am

I'm looking to add a pick and I'm willing to include my 1st round prospect pick in a trade.
Last edited by azpanthers11 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
azpanthers11

Postby thisisdan26 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:51 am

[quote:029c655d7c="The Turtle"][quote:029c655d7c="blackjack57"]Yep, I'm confused too, was under the impression "at the start of the current season" and "have been signed by a ML club prior to the start of the season" meant the real MLB season, not ours.

[b:029c655d7c]AF Dickie[/b:029c655d7c] Is the DD site currently letting you draft or are you blocked because of the two missing picks?[/quote:029c655d7c]

Most keeper leagues I have been a part of have read that to mean the start of our season, regarding prospects. That is why there are 2 prospect drafts in some leagues. The second one usually falls after the MLB draft/signing date.

From now on it won't matter, since our prospect draft will be in April/May and no one will be signed. This season, anyone under contract but who has not played a MLB game is eligible.[/quote:029c655d7c]

Ok...stilll confused. Obviously the NEWLY signed draft picks are available (Bundy, Starling, etc.) But what about guys like TROUT? or Montero (just had his 1st mlb AB the other day??) I really hate to keep using names but Im trying to figure this out before I make trades.
thisisdan26

Dan

Postby travelingjack » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 am

Turtle said-[quote:1edd84391f]This season, anyone under contract but who has not played a MLB game is eligible. [/quote:1edd84391f]

I assume this means that players like Trout, Montero, etc. who have made MLB debuts in 2011 are not eligible for the prospect draft. They won't be drafted until next year's FA draft-which will help rebuilding teams but make this year's prospect draft talent pool obviously thinner.
travelingjack

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat