The New TKL 24

Re: One More THing...

Postby fredpaii » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 pm

[quote:46aa66f205="Cubit"]Are we supposed to turn off Our ON button at 10 PM? I thought that was what proxies were for? I somehow missed that little wrinkle.... Can not the ADMIN director halt the whole draft by fiat if we have banned hours? After getting told off for holding up the draft,[b:46aa66f205] I've made sure I have as many proxies as would get me through 2 choices to come,[/b:46aa66f205] even though I've been volunteering near my university in NJ with the flood folks and starting classes since I was able to decode the system with all your help.[/quote:46aa66f205]

I wish others would do the same. We're past the first round now. There are time limits.
fredpaii

Postby travelingjack » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

DD is not very flexible, the admin can not halt the draft, other than turning the clock off. You can leave your proxy's on at night, your proxy's won't fire if the guy ahead of you does not pick. Just don't pick manually if you are skipping someone if their clock started after 8 PM EST (remember our dd clock is CST, confusing). That was what happened last night, a manual pick was made after 10 EST by ed (skipping MJ24), then your proxy fired (if you had it on). If everyone is caught up you can still pick manually or by proxy 24 hours/day.

Also, if you are waiting for someone to pick when the clock is off and you might not be able to pick in the morning let Turtle or me know, we can take proxy's and then announce your pick before your time is up. Hopefully everyone would read this thread before picking :?. Hint to everyone: If you have time please read this thread before manually taking a pick.

If you are not sure if you should pick or not, ask here, hopefully someone will be around to answer.

p.s. Cubit: I know I saw Rolen, maybe your proxy did weird things, does not matter. I was not going to make an issue of it anyway considering the circumstances, just said something because it was brought up by others. 8-)
travelingjack

Postby calbatross » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Normally it should not matter if the Dope clock is on or off. It only mattered last night because I think in general everyone wanted to be considerate of a drafter whose pick was skipped.

If no one has been skipped and there is no reason we would want to wait for someone to act, then the draft can and should speed through proxies when it can, day or night.

Of course, we still need to all be aware not to skip a pick when the draft clock is 'off' during sleepy-time hours.

After a shaky (at times) start, it looks like everyone is getting on the same page... let's keep it up! :D
calbatross

Postby travelingjack » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:13 pm

For tonight- buzz picked at 7:40 EST, so dan is still on the clock and needs to pick by 9:40. If he does not he can be skipped and everyone after that can pick. However, no one after dan can be skipped if they don't pick. I have a headache, thanks diamonddope.
travelingjack

Postby fredpaii » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 pm

[quote:720f1b4fc1="blackjack57"]For tonight- buzz picked at 7:40 EST, so dan is still on the clock and needs to pick by 9:40. If he does not he can be skipped and everyone after that can pick. However, no one after dan can be skipped if they don't pick. I have a headache, thanks diamonddope.[/quote:720f1b4fc1]

But it has to be between 9:40 and 10:00pm (est).
fredpaii

Postby travelingjack » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:41 pm

No, once he goes over 2 hours before 10 EST he can be skipped, does not matter when the next person picks. Everyone can then keep picking as long as no one else is skipped.
travelingjack

Postby fredpaii » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:51 pm

[quote:b182f8b233="blackjack57"]No, once he goes over 2 hours before 10 EST he can be skipped, does not matter when the next person picks. Everyone can then keep picking as long as no one else is skipped.[/quote:b182f8b233]

Okay.

Are we staying in 2-hour mode?
fredpaii

Postby travelingjack » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Not sure what you are asking, do you mean 2 hours after the 10th rd or after 10 EST? If you are still wondering about why sjkorte can pick anytime here is why: dan's time started at 7:40 EST, he had until 9:40 to pick. Since he had at least two hours before 10 to pick and missed he can be skipped, just the same as if it was the middle of the day. If his clock had started at 8:00 EST then he could not be skipped because he did not have 2 hrs before 10. Only a difference of 20 minutes, but that's the rules- and that's why you should always have proxy's ready.

If we did not have time limits and/or were using the chat thread for the draft we would probably still be in the 3rd or 4th round at best. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture, just trying to explain it.
Last edited by travelingjack on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelingjack

I'm sayin'

Postby CATom » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 pm

If we ARE NOT done drafting when the NEW 2011 cards come out -- then I'm OUT, not joining, procastinating, dropping cards, turning the clock off, being absent for days ---- ya'all know what I'm talking about,

tom.

I think we should only run the clock from 12pm 'til 12:00am on WEDNESDAY"s - until after Christmas cause someone may HAVE TO DO SOME SHOPPING :)

GOD forbid someone may get skipped cause they ain't paying attention :(

NO MORE APOLOGIZE'S :) :) :)
CATom

Postby fredpaii » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:22 pm

[quote:8894f433bb="blackjack57"]Not sure what you are asking, do you mean 2 hours after the 10th rd or after 10 EST? If you are still wondering about why sjkorte can pick anytime here is why: dan's time started at 7:40 EST, he had until 9:40 to pick. Since he had at least two hours before 10 to pick and missed he can be skipped, just the same as if it was the middle of the day. If his clock had started at 8:00 EST then he could not be skipped because he did not have 2 hrs before 10. Only a difference of 20 minutes, but that's the rules- and that's why you should always have proxy's ready.

If we did not have time limits and/or were using the chat thread for the draft we would probably still be in the 3rd or 4th round at best. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture, just trying to explain it.[/quote:8894f433bb]

I got ya about drafting any time. Was asking if we're staying in the two-hour mode even though Turtle had mentioned something about going one hour in the 10th and on.
fredpaii

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat