The New TKL 24

Postby Apollo 21 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:59 am

As one who read the rules before drafting and was thus drafting with a 25-man roster in mind, I would suggest that we keep the 25/132 rule - which also helps to make the league more "realistic."

I was also wondering about divisions, though...
Apollo 21

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:37 pm

You can promote guys from your 30-man for injuries:

5) Injured players can be kept on a team's major league roster for the duration of their injury. Players promoted to the major league roster as injury replacements must be returned to the minor league roster once the injury has healed. There is a 2-day grace period to return injury replacement players to the minor league roster - this allows each
owner to maintain a constant 25 man roster at all times. We will be using the honor system here - please don't keep players beyond their authorized time!
The Turtle

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Divisions will be determined by draft position, I will post them by the end of today. We can't do first come first serve because those with high salaries could pick and choose to join a division they thought was weak.
The Turtle

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm

/bump for AFD

Is it just me, or have we been waiting since 8pm last night for him to pick?
Detroit-Tigers

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:51 pm

We have been and I can't skip him ... I even tried entering his username as his password, to skip over him, but he had changed it.

it is the double pick quandary
The Turtle

sorry guys

Postby AFDickie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm

I had proxies but then they disapeared?????? Not sure what happened. How come I couldnt be skipped?
AFDickie

Re: sorry guys

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:35 pm

[quote:ebead647a0="AF Dickie"]I had proxies but then they disapeared?????? Not sure what happened. How come I couldnt be skipped?[/quote:ebead647a0]

Because the pick right behind you was you. Trust me I tried :P
The Turtle

At least we're almost done....for now.

Postby fredpaii » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Then we have the prospect draft of two rounds. A 10-15 round Free Agent Spring draft awaiting us in April and then a Supplemental in between next years' seasons. Then repeat and wash for future years. My god, I hope folks will have gotten their crap together by then!

Maybe we can choose a drafting site for future drafts that simply gives teams a default player (unless they pre-pick a list) if their time to pick elapses? I don't see anything wrong with such a format and a lot RIGHT with it. Is that possible? Or is it too late (we're stuck with this format for the duration)?

EDIT: I understand Shakey taking more time of late due to his hugely important personal matters but the folks who are routine loafers here are not my favorite people at this moment. I can and will forgive but for now...
fredpaii

Postby The Turtle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Actually, this is the only time we will use Diamond Dope, the rest of the drafts will be done on the message boards using time slots.

We will use this first, for our upcoming prospect draft since none of those cats have cards.
The Turtle

Postby fredpaii » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:08 pm

[quote:f8051aed22="The Turtle"]Actually, this is the only time we will use Diamond Dope, the rest of the drafts will be done on the message boards using time slots.

We will use this first, for our upcoming prospect draft since none of those cats have cards.[/quote:f8051aed22]

What are the penalties if the time slots are passed?
fredpaii

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat