GOBL - GOOD OLD BUDDIES LEAGUE

Postby keyzick » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:57 am

Just saw Rob's PM in my inbox this morning. If you guys still have an opening, I'd definitely be up for it and can fill out a team tonight right after work (~6pm EST).
keyzick

Postby keyzick » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm

I just put a team together.... If u still need me, let me know, and I'd need a pw
keyzick

Almost There...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:22 am

Edge told me the 21st and I am hoping he may get in to close it out so we can draft Monday. But if he doesn't, I will request everyone's patience as the players assembled here are more important to me than just playing.

It is the main reason I am still playing at all. It has surely been awhile. But I am glad to be back here with friends. If I hear from Edge before deadline Monday, I'll see if he can put together a team by then.

Thanks. Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Key and DJ...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:22 am

Welcome aboard again. :D R
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby keyzick » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:37 am

Glad to be in...this will take us right through the winter rather nicely!
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:33 am

I don't think you'll find a league with more stronger players than this one. And having said that, The autodraft is going to be huge.
Jeepdriver

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Should definitely be a good one. I am hoping Cummings will find Stoney's email and check his pvt box here. Cubit could still close it out. If Edge gets in before deadline I'll post a closeout message on the boards for anyone with a higher rating than me...Which shouldn't be very hard to find. :lol: :wink: R
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Robt., we can find someone for the last spot if necessary. I wouldn't post it on the boards if I were you.
Jeepdriver

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:01 pm

You're right. That could kill the whole concept. I have contacted Kav, Chuck, Riggo, Qksilver, Alphonso, Concart(Leehaak), Cubit, LMB, and a few more. A lot of players have seemingly retired from the yearly league.

I haven't tried AFDICKIE. He has played before with us.
ROBERTVOZZA

I sent an invite to...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Luckyman...I know he hasn't been all that well or been playing this year. But I sent him an invite anyway. I don't think I have played in a league with him for at least 4 years now.

There are so many players that I have played that are super tough. But I have never come close to finishing ahead of Lucky. All the great ones - Many of them in this league have the ability to have a horrible draft, take the scrubs and still win with them. In leagues I have been in with him, he has done this better than anyone.

IMO, this is what separates the Greats from players like myself. I can find a way to lose with the players I want. The great ones can win with players I wouldn't touch. So hats off to everyone here. Lucky would be another welcome addition to this league of ALL STARS.

As I said, I will hold out until Monday. Whomever I have not heard from either way(Except for Edge) will get to close us out. If nobody does this by Monday around noon, we can make recommendations as to who the last piece will be.

I am looking forward to it. Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat