RAISE THE MOUND ATG VI - LEAGUE FORMED AND LOADING

Our historical single season sets

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 am

Yeah, maybe I exaggerated a wee bit. It is just that I was trying to look at the pace form the viewpoint of some of the other Managers. If I were in the #1 picks shoes I would be thinking if I am only getting a pick every other calendar day and I have 16 picks...Hmmmm. In comparison the 69 league draft which started within hours of this one, Rj had the #2 pick and he currently has drafted 5 players as opposed to 1. So you can see how someone may think this pace was a bit too slow and needed something to speed it up. That plus some of the other posts mentioning the pace tells me some prodding was in order.

Anyway I hope the optimism prevails.
TallEd

Postby dharmabums » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Starting the clock will help, but setting up a bunch of proxies can really make the draft move quickly. This one is slightly on the slow side of DD drafts. Was it mentioned in the setup that the clock would start after a round or two, or am I getting DD drafts confused?
dharmabums

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Yes, I was just letting everyone get their feet wet. I agree with MBBW that usually the pace picks up as people get in the groove. I am going to start the clock regardless, as the most significant point is that given that we are already through the elite pitchers and the breadth of the hitter pool is rather large with not a heckuva lot of differentiation, getting skipped once or twice is not a death sentence.

Does 2 hours work for everyone? I will set it for that now. If there are pitchforks and knives at the door in an hour will back it off to 4 hours.
GFDWARF07

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

OK, the flag is up and the meter is running! Also turned on notifications in DD. I presume this notifies when their pick is up. If anyone objects strongly to this please reply here and I can turn theirs off.

Happy drafting!

Dan
GFDWARF07

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Moving again :D
Mr Baseball World

Postby Paul_Long71 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 pm

If someone's time is up (which it currently is AuntTookie), are we going ahead and letting the next person pick (AllStarInc)?

If so, make sure you all know that if you are skipped, you can come in at any time and make that pick.

no biggie, it's probably gonna happen a couple of times and in this format shouldn't be too big a deal.
Paul_Long71

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I sent a PM to Tookie so be on the lookout as she is a 1st time drafter for any ?'s regarding how to set up proxies if she encounters some confusion.
TallEd

Postby AllStarInc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:28 pm

So it's telling me that it's my pick because the time has expired but I don't see anywhere that I need to click to make my selection. All my proxies are set. Do I need to click the button that says "skip pick" or something else?

Let me know what you want me to do. I can wait a little longer for Tookie since she may not have known the clock was going to be instituted?
AllStarInc

Postby AllStarInc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Never mind...figured it out!

For those of you new to DD you have to go to the player list as if you were setting a proxy and make your pick from there. The box will say "draft" as opposed to "proxy".
AllStarInc

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Going to give Tookie a little more time to jump in with her pick. Since she was up at the time the clock was turned on I think that is fair. Will give at least 1 more hour from now.
TallEd

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999