ATG - Franchise combo league

Postby katzenjammer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:15 pm

[quote:08bc08d952="rburgh"]I think this was touched on earlier. He may elect to offer Andy some compensation that will allow him to use Paige. Andy may elect to do the same for Dazzy.[/quote:08bc08d952]

I was under the understanding that if there was an overlap such as this, if the earlier of the two team drafters does not pick this player for his team in the initial draft selection, then he's available to the next drafter as long as that player is on the team or franchise. WITHOUT COMPENSATION!
katzenjammer

Postby modmark46 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:33 pm

I get that. Just seems like a gamble, if I understand the rules right. MrHarry [i:ca837d43fd]might[/i:ca837d43fd] get Andy to deal with him, allowing him to use the NeL Paige card. But, maybe not. Andy might very well keep the Indian Paige card on his staff; at a $200m cap, he could afford to. That would deny MrHarry the use of the NeL card, and thus he would have wasted his RD 6 pick, IF Andy doesn't trade the Paige rights to MrHarry. Guess I just wanted to make sure MrHarry was even aware that the cheaper Paige was taken first, as it's easy to overlook.
modmark46

Postby wrz25 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Dazzys cheap version will not likely be used and if not than Andy can use him. He can offer something if he can find a match to ensure it. Paige's cheap car however may get used in effect negating the pick. Im not sure if it was an oversight or a gamble by mrharry. I pick next and am ready to pick. I'll wait a bit to give mrharry a chance to check in and re pick if he likes.

We are not going to finish tonight anyway so regardless we won't start until a week from Monday.

These cheap cards always present a problem. I was tempted to give the card to the team with the higher salary but that isn't always fair either as there are a lot of usable cheaper cards. For example st Louis Pre Musial is great and mod mark selected cle db in large part to use the cheaper speaker and lajoie(although your welcome to trade the rights to me).
wrz25

Postby Roosky » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:01 pm

I plan on using the Reggie Jackson from the exp Yankees. Just an FYI to anyone considering the oak exp team. Plus I will be using Rickey from that same team.
Roosky

Postby rburgh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 pm

I think we all have our exp hitting teams by now. Not only the good Reggie, but Yount and Griffey sitting this one out.
rburgh

Postby sschu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:18 pm

I know I previously asked this and not to be a pain, but other than swapping mutual players on teams that are represented on multiple eras/rosters, what does someone have to trade?

For example, I think I have the cheap Billy Hamilton (taken first) and Frank Bailey's team took the expensive one. Other than my good nature and Mike's long-term friendship, what does he have to offer me to allow the use of the more expensive Hamilton?

Right now the rules make no allowance for this and I think making some rule applicable at this late date in the draft could be deemed a bit unfair.

sschu
sschu

Postby andycummings65 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:23 pm

actually, my last pick gives me the choice of any Dazzy I want 8-)
andycummings65

Postby Frank Bailey » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Do my good looks count for anything?
Frank Bailey

Postby Frank Bailey » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Are we also allowed to trade team segments (while keeping one of everything) -- like db hitting and exp pitching for someone else's db hitting and exp pitching?
Frank Bailey

Postby rburgh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Dazzy

No, Andy, Frank M owns the pre-Cards staff, taken in the 5th4th round.

Re. Trading

I think the league rules discuss this, and mention that trading, except for NeL players, will be difficult. You can basically only trade to obtain a player if you already own an otherwise ineligible card for him.
rburgh

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat