Will Myers
Lonnie Chisenhall
1st rd 2012 spring prospect pick

thisisdan to confirm[/quote:f0104f81f6]

Confirmed!

Now the praying begins :D
thisisdan26

Postby thisisdan26 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 pm

I will promote Chisenhall and Harper to allow room for my prospect picks in the upcoming draft.
thisisdan26

Postby JOSEPHKENDALL » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 pm

When would I have to promote my prospects to the 40 man roster to keep from losing them?
JOSEPHKENDALL

Postby Palmtana » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Dan, why did you blow up your team? You traded $20M in SP (Weaver, Cain, Gio), a $7M 3B (Beltre) and at least $14M in the OF (Hamilton, Beltran) for 6 prospects and 5 prospect picks.

In a year when there are few quality FA SP's available you now have only 2 left that can toe the rubber for you and no CF.

It looks like you went from contenda to pretenda. Howzcome?
Palmtana

Postby thisisdan26 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:11 pm

[quote:e726cb6452="Palmtana"]Dan, why did you blow up your team? You traded $20M in SP (Weaver, Cain, Gio), a $7M 3B (Beltre) and at least $14M in the OF (Hamilton, Beltran) for 6 prospects and 5 prospect picks.

In a year when there are few quality FA SP's available you now have only 2 left that can toe the rubber for you and no CF.

It looks like you went from contenda to pretenda. Howzcome?[/quote:e726cb6452]

From looking over the other teams in the league, I did not see my self as a division winner, much less a contender. Maybe .500 at best. I got the right deals for Weaver and Cain, at what I believe to be their highest value. The same can be said for Beltre (strung together 2 good seasons for the 1st time in his career @ 32 years old, I dont think its crazy to assume that it wont be 3 good seasons in a row). Beltran is the definition of a "sell high" player. Between his age, injury, and limited range, he is close to DH time IMO. Obviously, Hamilton can put up huge numbers, but he has proven to be an injury risk in multiple seasons...and I did get Harper for him :D

I now own 6 out of the top 20 prospects (according to MLB & Scoutingbook) and have 7 out of the first 24 picks in the upcoming prospect draft, and this does not count Chisenhall, Beachy, and Arencibia.

Now what I do with these guys depends on how well they do, and how my team shapes up for future seasons. I kept a good amount of guys that are capable of putting up solid/very good 2012 seasons (Wainwright, Strasburg, Choo, Holliday, Konerko) and have a decent amount of young guys that have the potential to put up a good year (Nova, Niese, Baker, Boesch, Drew).

I do not expect to have a great team for next years strat either, but if enough of my players do well where I am 2-3 players from having a really really good team, then I have an excess of top prospects to offer in order to possibly acquire some impact guys.

Don't worry I'm not just selling the farm for garbage and dropping out of the league.
thisisdan26

Postby Palmtana » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 pm

[quote:f30f0bbeb1="thisisdan26"]I got the right deals for Weaver and Cain, at what I believe to be their highest value.[/quote:f30f0bbeb1]

This is what bothers me the most. Those 2 and Gio for prospects and picks leaving you with diddly-squat on the mound with few FA's.

[quote:f30f0bbeb1="thisisdan26"].....then I have an excess of top prospects to offer in order to possibly acquire some impact guys.[/quote:f30f0bbeb1]

You used to have those "impact guys". To each their own. I know your not dropping out. Your a draft addict. GL in 2014
Palmtana

Postby thisisdan26 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 pm

[quote:d51de35a37="Palmtana"][quote:d51de35a37="thisisdan26"]I got the right deals for Weaver and Cain, at what I believe to be their highest value.[/quote:d51de35a37]

This is what bothers me the most. Those 2 and Gio for prospects and picks leaving you with diddly-squat on the mound with few FA's.

[quote:d51de35a37="thisisdan26"].....then I have an excess of top prospects to offer in order to possibly acquire some impact guys.[/quote:d51de35a37]

You used to have those "impact guys". To each their own. I know your not dropping out. Your a draft addict. GL in 2014[/quote:d51de35a37]

So then If I get back "impact guys" to put out a winning team, then isn't that better than having "impact guys" potentially lose value on a .500 team?

I'm confused. If you value "right now" players like Gio so much, then why did you nix our once agreed upon deal with Gio for Moore (prospect)?

If you're referring to "diddly squat" for this upcoming strat season, yes I have no one great...but I dont believe that Wainwright, Strasburg, Beachy, Turner, Taillon, Teheran, and the one or two other SP prospects that I may draft will amount to nothing.
thisisdan26

Postby tcochran » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:05 am

[quote:bf729a1b2c="thisisdan26"]If you're referring to "diddly squat" for this upcoming strat season, yes I have no one great...but I dont believe that Wainwright, Strasburg, Beachy, Turner, Taillon, Teheran, and the one or two other SP prospects that I may draft will amount to nothing.[/quote:bf729a1b2c]

I admire your patience, even though I don't think I could happily wait 3 or 4 or 5 years to have a winning team.

On the other hand, Wainwright and Holliday look a bit old for that squad you're putting together. I'd be happy to help and take them off your hands! :lol:
tcochran

Postby thisisdan26 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:11 am

[quote:bd7f61079d="tcochran"][quote:bd7f61079d="thisisdan26"]If you're referring to "diddly squat" for this upcoming strat season, yes I have no one great...but I dont believe that Wainwright, Strasburg, Beachy, Turner, Taillon, Teheran, and the one or two other SP prospects that I may draft will amount to nothing.[/quote:bd7f61079d]

I admire your patience, even though I don't think I could happily wait 3 or 4 or 5 years to have a winning team.

On the other hand, Wainwright and Holliday look a bit old for that squad you're putting together. I'd be happy to help and take them off your hands! :lol:[/quote:bd7f61079d]

Like I said, I planned on keeping some players that have performed well and have the ability to perform well in years to come, and these prospects that I have and will have are not "unavailable" in future years. Say someone comes up in the 2nd of of 2012 and crushes it, I dont think its unrealistic to think that I could flip him for a few "right now" players if for some reason I am close to competing in 2013.
thisisdan26

Postby Palmtana » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:46 am

[quote:f8850f48e5="thisisdan26"]......I'm confused. If you value "right now" players like Gio so much, then why did you nix our once agreed upon deal with Gio for Moore (prospect)?[/quote:f8850f48e5]

I made the initial inquiry after having got caught up in your sell-off frenzy. After looking at my staff I decided Moore was more to my liking. As you can see from our messages there was no "agreed upon deal".

[quote:f8850f48e5]Me: Hi Dan, Is Gio still available?

You: He is but im talking wuth another manager on him. Would you do Gio for moore and a pick?

Me: How about Gio for Moore and my #2 FA pick or #1 prospect pick.

You: (no response)

Me: Hi Dan, I've decided to keep Moore. GL.[/quote:f8850f48e5]
Palmtana

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat