Moscratcher's ATG6 Keeper League

Postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I have a draft set up on DD: Moscratchers Keeper League Draft.

I haven't enabled the draft yet. It looks like everyone has an account there except jimmiejoe. He has a username but it looks like he has to go there, sign in, and change his password.

I'll email him now to let him know, but he lives in China, so as far as I know it's 5AM.
motherscratcher

Postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Is there anything else I need to do right now as far as the league or the DD Draft is concerned?
motherscratcher

Postby rjohaire » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Lives in China???
Guess we won't be using a clock.
Is 16 rounds going to be doable?
rjohaire

Postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:39 pm

[quote:7f44cfc481="rjoh"]Lives in China???
Guess we won't be using a clock.
Is 16 rounds going to be doable?[/quote:7f44cfc481]

What is normal for time limits?

Isn't it usually no time limit for the 1st round and then 2 hours/pick for the rest of the rounds?

I sent jimmiejoe an email to ask him what are normal ET times that he is available to be around. I don't think it will be a problem making it work, and I doubt it will take much longer than a normal DD draft.
motherscratcher

Postby PillPop » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Sounds good. Like anyone else, if he leave proxies when he's not available, it'll work.
PillPop

Postby PotKettleBlack » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 pm

For the random park leagues, we run without a clock. They get finished relatively promptly. So, start the draft with no clock. Easy.
PotKettleBlack

Postby rburgh » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes, as another random parker, I can confirm that if everyone leaves a few proxies for each round, the draft will be done in less than a week. You'd be surprised how long even a few proxies will stay alive after the first couple of rounds.
rburgh

Postby jimmiejoe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:49 am

got logged in. China currently 13 hours earlier than US Eastern time.
Figures my draft position is right in the middle! Hope with use of proxies I'llk be able to set up. I assume they're easy to setup.

What is protocol when someone drafts a player that makes it impossible for them to remain under the cap? I dont know if DD draft can manage the analysis during the draft. Hopefully it will not happen but if it does, better to know ahead how it will be handled.

In my past, usually either the offending draft pick or the team's highest salary player was negated. Then the owner was given a round 26 to fill out the roster.
jimmiejoe

Postby rjohaire » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 am

We all forget this, but don't forget to turn proxies on after you enter them.
rjohaire

Postby dukie98 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 am

[quote:5bf284368c="jimmiejoe"]What is protocol when someone drafts a player that makes it impossible for them to remain under the cap? I dont know if DD draft can manage the analysis during the draft. Hopefully it will not happen but if it does, better to know ahead how it will be handled.[/quote:5bf284368c]

Dope takes the number of remaining picks into account, and won't let you make a pick that would result in your going over the cap -- either directly, or if it would mean that your ten autodraft picks would put you over. In effect, for a $100 million draft, you can't go over $95M in the Diamond Dope portion, because the 10 remaining players will all be at a minimum of $500K, for an additional $5M in salary. Does that make sense?

One thing that we will have to monitor is to make sure that no one drafts an ineligible player (i.e. someone whose only card ends in 3). If that happens, there's a mechanism on Dope to negate the pick, which has to be approved by a different manager. Given the parameters of our league, it probably would be too difficult to see if those players could be removed from the draft pool.

Happy drafting.
dukie98

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat