General Managers Keeper League

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Yup.
cirills

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 am

I guess i can just hope he gets hurt.. a lot... :lol:
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm really strapped for time these days, so haven't had a chance to look at the deals or update the rosters.

There is a another correction to the roster update I just sent out.

Tyson Ross shows on both Qk's and Kev's rosters. Sykes originally drafted T. Ross in the 2010 prospect draft, and Kev's inherited him. He's due for promotion/release this year, and I can't find any transaction where he was dealt away or released.

Qk drafted T. Ross in last year's supplemental draft. Nobody caught it, probably because it was the last pick in the draft and everyone was onto getting ready for season 2. So it's a record keeping mistake.

Kev keeps Ross, at least until he determines whether to promote or drop him. We'll figure out some relief for Dave -
kaviksdad

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Kd,

For the time being i can dedicate some time to the cause. Email me to discuss what you need.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:38 pm

I have gone through all the transactions on the latest spreadsheet and it doesn't show that Sykes had ever traded Tyler Ross away. Sykes had drafted Ross in 2010 so I would need to call him up this year or let him go.

I plan on calling him up to the majors this spring and throw him in my rotation.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Prospects

Postby kaviksdad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:41 am

Here's the list of 2010 prospects that need to be promoted or released prior to the free agent draft - up through the trade of Jared Cozart on the 8th:

Kaviksdad - 5 (Jaff Decker, Wilmer Flores, Tyler Matzek, Jesus Montero, Michael Pineda)
Sandlotshrink - 3 (Chris Carter, Lonnie Chisenhall, Mike Montgomery)
Qksilver - 1 (Casey Crosby)
Smokey - 1 (Michael Taylor)
Cubit - 4 (Drew Storen, Kyle Seager, Wilson Ramos, Jon Jay)
Nythawk - 4 (Zack Britton, John Lamb, Brett Lawrie, Jacob Turner)
AFDickie - 4 (Starlin Castro, Freddie Freeman, Dee Gordon, Austin Romine)
Cummings - 4 (Brandon Beachy, Trevor Reckling, Jennry Mejia, Christian Friedrich)
Palmtana - 4 (Arnoldis Chapman, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Mike Trout)
Smitty - 2 (Mike Leake, Martin Perez)
Ehlekev - 2 (Colin Curtis, Tyson Ross)
Ninersphan - 3 (Barry Enright, Casey Kelly, Scott Sizemore)

These 2010 prospects [b:19db278d5a]MUST[/b:19db278d5a] be released or promoted before the free agent draft.

You [b:19db278d5a]CAN[/b:19db278d5a] promote or drop any 2011 prospect, but they do have another year of prospect eligibility and can be left as prospects on your roster.
kaviksdad

Postby kaviksdad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 am

[quote:23ea96a1c9="ehlekev"]I have gone through all the transactions on the latest spreadsheet and it doesn't show that Sykes had ever traded Tyler Ross away. Sykes had drafted Ross in 2010 so I would need to call him up this year or let him go.

I plan on calling him up to the majors this spring and throw him in my rotation.

Kev[/quote:23ea96a1c9]

That still leaves Dave with some form of compensation due him.

I'm going to throw out 3 possibilities - let me know if you have a problem with any of them:

Option 1 - Dave gets an extra MID-ROUND free agent pick (rounds 4-6)
Option 2 - Dave gets an extra pick at the END of the free agent draft
Option 3 - Dave gets to keep an extra player on his current roster, and enter the free agent draft with 31 players

I'd like to hear what you think is fair compensation. Granted, the error was a result of my error in maintaining the roster sheet accurately. But we also have the responsibility to ensure our picks are legal & legit. So maybe we both share the blame.

The easy thing to do would be to give Dave a pick at the end of the draft and call it square. But I do believe that a 3rd round supplemental pick is a little more valuable than a 8th rd free agent pick (given dilution of the free agent draft and the ability to project next years stats during the supp draft). So let's hear what you think is fair - I'm easy... :lol:
kaviksdad

Re: another deal

Postby kaviksdad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:29 pm

[quote:18a2b254ac="qksilver"]I send my 4th round FA pick to Sandy for Andrew Bailey.

Paying a premium given his card this year but hoping for a rebound, with Feliz moving to the rotation I need to bet on a closer or two...[/quote:18a2b254ac]

Dave - which pick in round 4 are you sending? You have both AFDickie's and your own
kaviksdad

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:21 pm

I am good with any of those solutions.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby qksilver69 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:25 pm

I send [i:1a48c8abf4][b:1a48c8abf4]my[/b:1a48c8abf4][/i:1a48c8abf4] 4th round FA pick to Sandy for Andrew Bailey.

As in, my original one...
qksilver69

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat