NEW STRAT KEEPER LEAGUE

Postby peterdouglas38 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm okay with since the proxy says he messed up.
peterdouglas38

player available

Postby minntwin11 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Chris Denorfia is available if anyone needs an outfielder.
minntwin11

Postby TefJ » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Jay,

I think there's a difference between Neil messing up and the person he leaves the proxy with messing up. If Neil had changed his mind, then I agree, that should not be allowed, but since that was the guy I should have picked for him, I think he ought to be able to get the guy he wanted.

Peter has indicated that he will be keeping Moscoso, so if you want Melky instead of JD Martinez, that is your option.

I don't think it's an issue where people can change their picks, but I do think you have a right when you're leaving a proxy to have your wishes followed. I screwed up, not Neil, and so he shouldn't be punished.

I think going through the picks with the option to swap out is a fair way of doing it, and I apologize for the mistake and the confusion caused by it.
TefJ

Postby peterdouglas38 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I agree with Ted, with this addition: if anyone chooses Melky, then every owner following must have the option to take the player not taken.

For example, had I said I wanted Melky rather than Moscoso, every owner in order would have to have the option of taking Moscoso. Should an owner do so, every owner following would then have the option of taking the player he dropped to take Moscoso.

It does kind of spiral out of control... but it seems fair to me.
peterdouglas38

Postby JayW527 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Ted,

No disrespect intended, but just because the proxy says they messed up...

I am not saying anything underhanded took place today but, my point is that if an owner does a proxy for his friend, and that friend later decides he wants someone else then they could easily rig it to have the pick changed. This could have a negative effect on several members that could result in the league coming to and end.

This may sound extreme, but some of our drafts have gotten pretty tense due to an owners lack of consideration for their peers.

Fortunately, it seems this is a case of no harm, no foul.

I will also pass on Melky.

Best Intentions,
-Jay
JayW527

Postby TefJ » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Jay,

I agree with your sentiment, but I assure you that it's not the case here. Neil has no home internet connection at the moment, and in order to keep the draft moving at a reasonable rate, he is going to have to proxy the entire draft, pretty much.

What you say could potentially be a problem, but I think in order to have a fun league we have to have a little bit of trust in each other. If it becomes a common occurrance, we can institute a policy about it, but hopefully everyone is satisfied with an option to swap their pick for Cabrera, and we can just move on.
TefJ

Postby JayW527 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Ted,

Big problems can be avoided if policies are in place, before things get personal.

Your solution was fine this time, but next time we may not be so lucky.

Proxy at your own risk seems a lot easier to place in the rules, then the current solution would be. ( ie. how many picks past the mistake would be unreasonable to implement the change )

This is the only league that I'm in, but I think most of the others are in other leagues so my question is: how do other leagues handle this type of thing?

I'm bothering you about this because I like the league and would like to avoid future problems.

I spoke my peace, feel free to have the last word.
JayW527

Postby RUSSIMLER » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Send proxy picks to more than one person.....if a mistake is made, another person can confirm it.

I can't fathom how much work the lead guy has to do to keep all the picks straight. I screw up several times per draft. :oops: :oops:
RUSSIMLER

Postby peterdouglas38 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:06 am

Peter trades

Stephen Drew to

Wfuddle for

Torii Hunter

WF to confirm.
peterdouglas38

Postby RUSSIMLER » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 am

Russ trades 4th round picks #3 and #6

to Peter for

Josh Willingham and Kyle Lohse