Site rebuild teaser part 10

Site rebuild teaser part 10

Postby bernieh » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:57 pm

At this point of the site rebuild, most of the front-facing functionality of the website has been built, so I'll be dumping groups of teasers at you that mostly deal with cosmetic/interface enhancements. Here's the latest.

This is a screenshot of a message in my personal email account. It pretty much speaks for itself.

[img:10d2a33469]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/images/stratomatic/marketing/screenshot_email_notification_trade_offer.gif[/img:10d2a33469]

This kind of stuff, long-requested by you guys, was virtually impossible before with our server setup and old tech, but will be a piece of cake on our new platform, at least conceptually. A robust, customizable system - whereby you can specify exactly which events (like trade offers, injuries, etc.) and for which individual teams, or whether you'd like to receive daily digest summaries as opposed to per-event emails - will be a project unto itself and won't be ready at switchover, but what will be ready then is what's represented by the above screenshot - email notifications for each trade offer you receive. I thought that would be a fun, easy, and useful thing to start with.
bernieh

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm

HOOOOORAYYYY!!!!

This is fantastic!

Any chance we can get our boxscores emailed????

Just kidding, this feature rules!
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby tony best » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Bernie-I think you had mentioned the possibility of 32 team leagues. This was exciting to me as being really realistic.

N ow at first this type of league would fill up fast due to novelty but later as with 24 team leagues fill up might be slow. Would it be possible to have 32 team leagues with each player drafting TWO teams and not have it be a private league? Then the league would only need 16 sign ups.
tony best

Postby FUDU » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

[quote:32efa6b970="tonysbest"]Bernie-I think you had mentioned the possibility of 32 team leagues. This was exciting to me as being really realistic.

N ow at first this type of league would fill up fast due to novelty but later as with 24 team leagues fill up might be slow. Would it be possible to have 32 team leagues with each player drafting TWO teams and not have it be a private league? Then the league would only need 16 sign ups.[/quote:32efa6b970]

Are you suggesting one manager having two teams in the 32 team league? If so, why, what's the point?
FUDU

Postby Valen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 am

you can do this now in 12 or 24 team leagues. Use advanced options and select the checkbox to allow people to have multiple teams. Of course that opens the door to people having 3 or 4 or more teams but that would be really pointless. Then again some people do not need points to do something.

But if Bernie put in a feature to allow specifically 2 teams do you realize what that opens the door to? Most are simply going to make one their primary team and the other a "farm" team. So essentially you would really have a 16 team league for competition purposes. 16 good teams and 16 that were irrelevant because the owner of the pair of teams would concentrate the best players they received on one team.

So you are paying $50 bucks to join such a league so you can have 16 awful teams filled with players that would be on FA list in a 16 team league.
Valen

Postby macnole » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 pm

very cool Bernie! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
macnole

Postby tony best » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm

silly me for thinking everyone would be honorable.

the point is to fill the league.

Just dont allow trading between the same owned teams and no drop pick ups.

Just charge $25 for the two teams.
tony best

Postby Valen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:32 pm

[quote:5703dd8f6c]Just charge $25 for the two teams.[/quote:5703dd8f6c]
You just smoking that stuff or selling as well. :lol: This won't happen.

[quote:5703dd8f6c]silly me for thinking everyone would be honorable. [/quote:5703dd8f6c]
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone was honorable. Read this thread and it will cure you of thinking everyone is honorable. :lol:

[url]http://forums.sportingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=628685[/url]

Setting aside issues involved with having 2 teams in the same league...
ATG with the large player pool would have no trouble stocking 32 teams with players. But 200x based on player set where real life only had 30 teams and you might have some difficulty.
Valen

Postby tony best » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Allow me my wishful thinking 8-)

I play league years not ATG. A 24 team league can take weeks to fill-I usually dont want to wait.I would assume a 32 team league to be even slower. Now, as I watch the hopeless Pirates year after year one might wonder how in the heck could they be so bad. Well, Id bet in a 32 team draft there would be some pretty clunky teams and these semi all star teams we create would be a bit rare. The realities of being a real GM would be more manifest.

2 teams for $25. :roll: Not likely but maybe 2 for $37.50 or something just for 32 team leagues-well Bernie is omnipotent and anthing is possable!! :wink:
tony best

Postby tcochran » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm

If you had 12 managers who really loved drafting in the ILC chat threads, then you could run three 12-team leagues, drafting from the same player pool. If no inter-league trades were allowed, then managers could not swap all of their better players to one team.

And yes, there are enough players to meet all of the game engine minimums, for C, SP, and CL. Each team would end up with 26 or 27 players.

The only challenge would be that the draft would probably take longer than playing the season. :D
tcochran

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx