WC Theme League - Chat

Postby Ninersphan » Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm

pick in shortly, need to see who is left/been taken.
Ninersphan

Postby JAMESZIMMER » Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm also ready to go.
JAMESZIMMER

Postby Ninersphan » Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm

My pick is in, I'm going to be offline sometime between 2-3pm. I can't print anything on my computer from the internet including e-mail and have a second support session scheduled with Microsoft to see if they can figure out WTF is wrong with my computer. They tried last night to figure it out, and were so stumped they said they needed to consult with an "expert".

Hopefully it won't take hours, but who the hell knows.
Ninersphan

Postby JAMESZIMMER » Fri May 11, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm in the same boat Bill. I never know if I'm going to be able to access the forums.
JAMESZIMMER

Postby Ninersphan » Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 pm

[quote:51aeffed53="zim13"]I'm in the same boat Bill. I never know if I'm going to be able to access the forums.[/quote:51aeffed53]

I have access, that's not an issue, I just know that once the session starts, they are going to remote access my conputer and start trying to fix the problem so I won't be able to do anything until they are done.
The really weird thing about this print issue is that it doesn't affect all four users on the computer.
My wife first had the problem about 2 months ago, and simply stopped using her log in and started using mine. I told her I'd get around to trying to fix it, but just never did. Then yesterday, I tried to print out an e-mail and got the same error message she had been getting. A little later I tried to print a map from Google maps, and had same problem.
I switched to one of my daughters' logins (neither of whom have admin rights) and I printed the Goggle map and directions, no problem.
After that I contacted Microsoft and was online/on the phone with them for about 2 hours last night while they tried to figure out the problem with no success.
If any of you IT geniuses have an idea I'm all ears. And please no smart alec remarks about swithing brosers, or buying a Mac, that's not helpful. I'm running IE9 on Windows 7 home Premium. It won't print anything in 32bit IE9 or 64bit IE9. Printing from Word or Excel is, no problem so it's not a printer issue.
It's damn frustrating though. :evil:
Ninersphan

Postby geekor » Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Niner's I do IT work for a living.

If it's a corrupted profile, you can just delete the profile (make sure to backup all the users stuff first) the recreate it.

I've had a print spooler get corrupted before as well. I'll see if I still have the script that fixed it for me.

If it doesn't print though, try going into your services (run -> services.msc) and restarting the "Print Spooler" service and see if that fixes it.

Oh and nice job Keyzick forcing Jeep into a RP and Frank to a WC pick.
geekor

Postby Ninersphan » Fri May 11, 2012 1:17 pm

[quote:fb45719ab4="geekor"]Niner's I do IT work for a living.

If it's a corrupted profile, you can just delete the profile (make sure to backup all the users stuff first) the recreate it.

I've had a print spooler get corrupted before as well. I'll see if I still have the script that fixed it for me.

If it doesn't print though, try going into your services (run -> services.msc) and restarting the "Print Spooler" service and see if that fixes it.

Oh and nice job Keyzick forcing Jeep into a RP and Frank to a WC pick.[/quote:fb45719ab4]

Thanks for the suggestions, but you're talking over my head.

When it comes to computer stuff, assume I'm a cave man from 2001 a Space Odyseey :oops:
Ninersphan

Postby keyzick » Fri May 11, 2012 1:19 pm

[quote:eb23d367ac="geekor"]Oh and nice job Keyzick forcing Jeep into a RP and Frank to a WC pick.[/quote:eb23d367ac]

:D
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm surprised the WC has lasted to the final pick of the round a couple of times now.

I couldn't go ahead and start Round 5 since the WC is still in play.
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri May 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Since it's Mother's Day weekend I'm suspending the clock after tonight. Do try and check in, however, and leave proxies if convenient.

I'll be available for proxy-taking.
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat