Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby Sknsfan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Hope this means you're feeling much better Bernie.

Thanks for the great work.
Sknsfan

Forums situation

Postby bernieh » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 pm

(Main post updated with the following section:)

These existing forums here at SportingNews.com [b:0f08d212b6]will stay up through transition weekend[/b:0f08d212b6] and for the near future. This is so that you can continue to chat, and I can continue to communicate with you through the process without interruption. The only quirk you have to remember is that you'll continue to use your old/existing SportingNews.com login to post here on the forums for the time being, while you'll be using your new Strat-O-Matic.com account over at the new site to play the game.

Within a few weeks, once everything at the new site is humming along, we'll set our sights on setting up a brand new forum for you over there with shiny new software (and with search functionality, for crying out loud). Migrating over all your posts from all these years will be considerable effort, but I'm lobbying hard to make that happen.

But the main point is your forums access will be uninterrupted, and I'll include a link to here on the "We're moving..." page you see when you come to the game site after we shut it down.
bernieh

Postby keyzick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Excited for the switchover...although bummed about not having any SOM stats to wake up to over the weekend...Don't know what I'll do with all that free time!!
keyzick

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm in a couple leagues where I'm embroiled in crazy playoff scenarios. Divisional series are up for grabs and wild card spots are being brutally fought for by multiple teams.

In both leagues, tonight will be games 157, 158, and 159. There will be beanball wars, ejections, trash talking! The drama and tension could be out of control. :shock:

With only 3 BIG games left of the regular season, with everything on the line ----------- we take 4 nights off. :mrgreen: :!:

:wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby The Last Druid » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Things are just great. Can't log onto the new site. Wouldn't take my password so changed it when I registered 7 days ago. Now I can't remember it so I tried to log on with the one time log on pw they send to your account. No dice.

Perhaps it is just as well. I have only 11 active teams so I wonder how they will do on autoplay. Beyond that, well there is no beyond that since the site can't be accessed.
The Last Druid

Postby DonFESQ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 pm

And they called me crazy. Glad I only have 4 active teams.
DonFESQ

Postby Badjam » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 pm

:?: What's the problem? Just logged in, web site works fine.
Can log in with either Mozilla or IE.
Badjam

Postby motherscratcher » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm

This may be a dumb question, but will there be any access to anything over the weekend?

Specifically, will we be able to still access the player pool? Or is everything shut down.

Also, I have a team that will be running the waivers on Tuesday. What day and time will I be able to access that team to set up the waivers if I'm notready by 4 o'clock on Friday?
motherscratcher

Postby hackra » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Also, What is the "official" way to request that a league not start until at least the day following waivers. :?
hackra

Postby Badjam » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online Customers and Fans,

Tonight, Thursday June 7th, Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online will run its last games on sportingnews.com. Tomorrow, we will begin the transition of all Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online games from sportingnews.com to strat-o-matic.com. At 4:00pm tomorrow (Friday June 8th), the games will shutdown on sportingnews.com.

On Monday evening June 11, please visit strat-o-matic.com to check out Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online's new home. On the homepage of the Strat-O-Matic site will be a big button that will take you right into the brand new Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online play area. This is located on the center bottom half of the homepage and is impossible to miss. In the late evening of Tuesday June 12th, games will resume. www.strat-o-matic.com
(The above was an e-mail I received today)

According to this, it looks like we should be able to start snooping around and access or teams on Monday.

I would use the same way you contact the help desk now to switch start dates. Go to Help- Contact us on the top of your home page and send a message.
Badjam

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx