Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby mykeedee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

I have had no trouble logging on to Strat-o-matic.com at all, dunno what the deal is Petro, maybe the new HAL is "banning you" :lol:
mykeedee

Postby visick » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:34 am

Asking tongue in cheek here...

Does Strat-o-matic.com know this is happening?

It would be nice if, oh IDK, maybe there was some mention of it all on their web site.

IDK, maybe an email from them since they have our info.

Gonna take a deep breath here and blow it out. Hate to sound negative about this transition, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole thing.

visick
visick

Postby Maxie Minoso » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 am

[quote:8f4b04dd51]I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole thing.[/quote:8f4b04dd51]
I'm very nervous. Everyone at Strats is at Foley's Pub since yesterday and they will be there through tomorrow afternoon. Now if I were watching a world breaking event in a bar for three days I'd be completely wasted.

Furthermore if I were overseeing a transition from a bar, the only place to do one, I'd be prone to say "That's close enough."

Add to all this, after the record is broken they will watch a horse race and everyone will be saying, "I'll Have Another."

It could be Labor Day before this thing gets done. Oh the humanity!

Maxie
Maxie Minoso

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 am

Petro - boo hoo.

I love how Petro complains, yet the fault lies squarely with him and there's no "[b:a1d59b21b0]I [/b:a1d59b21b0]can't log on..." "...the site can't be accessed [b:a1d59b21b0]by me.[/b:a1d59b21b0]"

Some people are only happy when their blood pressure is up... :P

I'll gladly take over a couple of your teams if you wish... :wink:
Palanion

Postby GFDWARF07 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 am

[quote:b4e4ed3233="socalchiro"]Asking tongue in cheek here...

Does Strat-o-matic.com know this is happening?

It would be nice if, oh IDK, maybe there was some mention of it all on their web site.

IDK, maybe an email from them since they have our info.

Gonna take a deep breath here and blow it out. Hate to sound negative about this transition, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole thing.

visick[/quote:b4e4ed3233]

It is all kinda surreal with NO WORD from Richman or any mainline SOM folks. I know he's too big for this, but I agree Darin, it would be nice...

But while everyone is hung over or still smashed from the world record attempt, Bernie will storm the beaches, establish a beachhead, then work his way inland between now and Tuesday.
GFDWARF07

Postby visick » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

IDK... I just don't get it.

A HUGE transition like this SHOULD take precedence over a Strat marathon.
visick

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 am

Strat is also launching a redesigned Website simultaneously with SOMO migrating over. I'm sure they will push this VERY hard as soon as the migration is complete AND it works. Why promote something that has not proven to work yet?

i work at a company that is designing a new database software for internal use and external use with our clients. The company was putting it in all of their bids and contracts before version 1 was ready. We've been doing workarounds and contract change orders ad nauseum because we could not deliver the technology as quickly as upper management anticipated. We have put the cart in front of the horse -- WAY WAY in front of the horse -- and have had to pay for it.

Strat is smart enough to know that you can't offer a product until you know the product works. It's not like pre-ordering a new set of cards here.
Palanion

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 am

I guess I'll have to take diamond dope down this weekend.
ADRIANGABRIEL

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

We ran a test run of the user account transfer, and hey, it looks like you guys have been following the instructions! I eyeballed a bunch of the usernames you guys posted and every single one checked out. Great job! As long as you followed the instructions and set up a Strat-O-Matic.com account whose email address matches the one under your SportingNews.com account, you should have no problems finding your teams on Monday.

And, in the worst case, if you either didn't get the chance to get set up, or maybe you made a typo somewhere, I'll have a place where you can log in using your (old) SportingNews.com account and it'll tell you the exact Strat-O-Matic.com username and email address where your teams went to. From there you just request to have a new login link sent to that email address that you can use to gain access to the account.

Keep it up guys!
bernieh

Postby voovits » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:54 am

It's too bad you couldn't just leave the old site up in like a read only mode. That way when I inevitably get bored I could at least look at my teams and past teams but not make any changes.

It's going to be a long weekend!
voovits

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx