Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby Valen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 pm

[quote:bdca3aad39]Thanks for your hard work, but I'll suggest that you NOT give an ETA...maybe just a "I'm still working on it" until you actually roll the thing out.
[/quote:bdca3aad39]
I would echo that advice. Given all that has happened I would probably promise to send an email once things are working and that email would say as of whatever time tomorrow site will be turned on.
Valen

Postby Salty » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

[quote:cc9abf0f47="Valen"][quote:cc9abf0f47]Thanks for your hard work, but I'll suggest that you NOT give an ETA...maybe just a "I'm still working on it" until you actually roll the thing out.
[/quote:cc9abf0f47]
I would echo that advice. Given all that has happened I would probably promise to send an email once things are working and that email would say as of whatever time tomorrow site will be turned on.[/quote:cc9abf0f47]

Double YEP YEP YEP-
There are a number of ways to put this where we arent expecting something done specifically by an exact time- or if you beat the time- well then you get to be like Scotty from Star Trek.

Mr. Scot "Captain- its gonna take at least 8 hours to fix the engines"
Kirk: "Scotty, you've got 10 minutes, or we are all dead!"

...so Mr. Scot always looks like a genius, no?

and also- V- how did you miss my Dr. Who reference on the other thread?
Salty

Postby fredpaii » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm

[quote:3ceef7587f="El-Saltman"][quote:3ceef7587f="Valen"][quote:3ceef7587f]Thanks for your hard work, but I'll suggest that you NOT give an ETA...maybe just a "I'm still working on it" until you actually roll the thing out.
[/quote:3ceef7587f]
I would echo that advice. Given all that has happened I would probably promise to send an email once things are working and that email would say as of whatever time tomorrow site will be turned on.[/quote:3ceef7587f]

Double YEP YEP YEP-
There are a number of ways to put this where we arent expecting something done specifically by an exact time- or if you beat the time- well then you get to be like Scotty from Star Trek.

[b:3ceef7587f]Mr. Scot "Captain- its gonna take at least 8 hours to fix the engines"
Kirk: "Scotty, you've got 10 minutes, or we are all dead!" [/b:3ceef7587f]

...so Mr. Scot always looks like a genius, no?

and also- V- how did you miss my Dr. Who reference on the other thread?[/quote:3ceef7587f]

Same thing happened with Levar Burton's character and Patrick Stewart's in Next Generation. You'd think they'd bring an honest mechanic onto Star Trek one of these shows...But NO....always with the exaggerating of the hours for heftier labor costs.
fredpaii

Postby Maxie Minoso » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:36 pm

[quote:280d724e23]I'll be able to give you an ETA for official launch.[/quote:280d724e23]Now will that be a real time or 48 hours from the expected launch? See, you just can't win.
Thanks for all your efforts and for allowing my life to have some normalcy these past few days.

Maxie
Maxie Minoso

ETA

Postby bernieh » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:59 pm

ETA: First thing tomorrow morning.

Just trying to save your F5/refresh finger for today...
bernieh

Postby Manofsteel » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Anymore teasers you can give us about the new and improved strat for tomorrow?
Manofsteel

Postby nevdully's » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:17 pm

I think we've been teased enough.
nevdully's

Postby Manofsteel » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 pm

I've just Been dying to see new site Anything at this point :shock:
Manofsteel

Postby Ducky » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Wow! Another deadline come and gone. Now it may be tomorrow or maybe the next tomorrow or the one after that. Doesn't seem to matter if it is TSN or Strat O Matic. Same empty deadlines.

This is not how to run a business. Under promise over deliver not over promise and under deliver. It has been said by quite a few other posters and it is how a good solid organization operates.
Ducky

Postby MrHacktastic » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:36 pm

yeah, this last 3pm update kind of was the breaking point for me. Why aren't we still playing if they weren't ready for the change. These random updates which just give us another time for an update are annoying. I want to be gracious and patient yet this whole switch really has been botched. This just isn't how you do it and looks amateurish. If they just said down till Friday and then....boom it's all available Wednesday we would be happy. Instead we are strung along and it seems like they aren't too optimistic at this point.

Worse yet they are forcing me to get used to not waking up to my Strato games every day. I can no imagine life before Strato again. Maybe I'll take a break after my current seasons finally resume.
MrHacktastic

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx