The countdown is on

Re: BDW

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

[quote:f4bf4d928b="nevdully's"]Simply doesn't know many facts about our ATG history as it relates to customer service or game improvements...[b:f4bf4d928b]Or perhaps we've just had different experiences.[/b:f4bf4d928b]

I could go through a list as long as my arm about what it took (unfortunately it took everything, from begging to complaining long and loud) before many many many things got done.

To those who can grasp how someone can "support the troops" but "be against the war" I'll say this.

Bernie seems to be a great guy....A guy that could get the job done...but my history here says that many times for whatever reasons he didn't/doesn't.

To disregard or sugarcoat the history is something I personally don't think should be done. Forgive? yes. Forget? No.

BDW do you know how/why we "finally" got a wiki page explaining the rules we "actually play by"?

BDW do you know how we got the 8 million new cards and counting?

BDW do you know how/why we got BP V.2 implemented?

BDW do you know why we got an "ask Bernie forum"?

[b:f4bf4d928b]Bernie is a good man, qualified to do a good job, but he has almost always needed a real strong push to get it going.[/b:f4bf4d928b][/quote:f4bf4d928b]

I feel like I should bow or offer my first born. And the troops/war analogy is becoming passe, no? Last I checked, we all pay one team at a time. We aint going to agree. And no one opinion is more right because of birthright, so to speak.

But for those that want to feel a certain way--so be it. It's a business. Not a friday poker game. We are customers--all of us. We have a vote and can "feel" however we choose.
macnole

Postby Badjam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Criticize if you must but try mixing in a little respect and maturity. The nine year old kids at this past weekends birthday party showed more respect and maturity than some of the people posting on here.

Anyone with even the slightest bit of knowledge of a site changeover of this magnitude knows things can happen causing things to not go as smooth as hoped. It's like a new toy being shipped to you and it takes a day or two longer than expected. Big deal. It's just a game after all. Crying about it isn't going to make anything move any faster.
Badjam

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:21 pm

[quote:6917482a18="agabriel"][quote:6917482a18="nevdully's"]I would never complain about his site (even though I don't agree with it in principle)[/quote:6917482a18]
Isn't "I don't agree with it in principle" a...complaint?[/quote:6917482a18]

:wink:

It's kind of like being against the war but supporting the troops.
macnole

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:23 pm

[quote:67b4e231ea="Badjam"]Criticize if you must but try mixing in a little respect and maturity. The nine year old kids at this past weekends birthday party showed more respect and maturity than some of the people posting on here.

Anyone with even the slightest bit of knowledge of a site changeover of this magnitude knows things can happen causing things to not go as smooth as hoped. It's like a new toy being shipped to you and it takes a day or two longer than expected. Big deal. It's just a game after all. Crying about it isn't going to make anything move any faster.[/quote:67b4e231ea]

Agreed.
macnole

Postby nevdully's » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 pm

[quote:e36be608c0]Isn't "I don't agree with it in principle" a...complaint?

Wink

It's kind of like being against the war but supporting the troops. [/quote:e36be608c0]

Thats what I thought
nevdully's

Postby Measured Mayhem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:26 pm

[quote:0738a983cc="Badjam"]Criticize if you must but try mixing in a little respect and maturity. The nine year old kids at this past weekends birthday party showed more respect and maturity than some of the people posting on here.

........ Crying about it isn't going to make anything move any faster.[/quote:0738a983cc]

Aren't you engaging in the very disrespect you denounced in your post by categorizing people's complaints as simply "crying" and comparing them to 9 year olds in that same post?
Measured Mayhem

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:33 pm

[quote:06ec25b37c="nevdully's"][quote:06ec25b37c]Isn't "I don't agree with it in principle" a...complaint?

Wink

It's kind of like being against the war but supporting the troops. [/quote:06ec25b37c]

Thats what I thought[/quote:06ec25b37c]
You did think of it first :P

Hey we should start a pool of when the site will come up
macnole

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm

this all reminds me of Monty Python. Michael Pallin to be exact... cmon and name the movie...

and no--it is not attributed to the PFJ...
macnole

Postby Badjam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm

I suppose you could look at it that way. It was meant as more of a general analogy not directed at anyone in particular. Some of the harsh statements I was referring to in the first paragraph were directed specifically at Bernie.

If we all try as hard at being a little less mean spirited as the amount of effort Bernie puts out to try to please us, there would be much less venom spewed in this forum.
Badjam

Postby danielz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 pm

[quote:8bf0c9e958="alvarndc"]I wonder how many customers they have lost. Deservedly. Probably lost one here.[/quote:8bf0c9e958]

I'm buying a 5 pack the second it's up and running.
danielz

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats