Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby katzenjammer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 am

Ain't no sense worryin' about the things you got control over, 'cause if you got control over 'em, ain't no sense worryin'. And ain't no sense worryin' about the things you don't got control over, 'cause if you don't got control over 'em, ain't no sense worryin'.”
― Mickey Rivers
katzenjammer

Connecting the Dots

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am

[quote:07188bdf15]Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. My take is that he took the weekend off to sleep, spend time with family, etc.[/quote:07188bdf15]

Sure why not, we're all friends here right. This takes a back seat to just about everything, it's not really a business more of a hobby among friends....just that some friends pay money to their friends and other friends make money off their friends? It's just a game so who really cares...Worst case is it never gets off the ground and a few select friends get to keep our money...I'm not concerned with that, it's just money, and we're all friends...almost more like family....that's it! All friends to Bernie's house....Weekend at Bernie's!. ;)
nevdully's

Postby visick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am

Well keyzick, I was one of those naysayers.

I'm not here to gloat, but how could you guys NOT see this coming? How do you make the HUGE transition and [i:a2973dedae]then[/i:a2973dedae] do the beta testing?

I DO wanna see the games return ASAP. I also wanna see them run smoothly after that.

My concern is this. We are SO dependant on what seems like 1 man for this whole operation. I'd like to think there are more people behind the scenes, but we haven't seen ANYBODY. What happens to us here as a community if we lose Bernie? We all know he was out of commision a little while ago. I don't wanna jinx anything here but what's the backup plan here?

I know I'm jumping ahead of myself here, especially since we don't even have a game running right now. But what's PLAN B?

I sure hope we never have to find out if/when it happens...

On a side note, I really don't care if we get credits as compensation. I won't complain if I get a few thrown my way. I don't even care if we get some sort of discount. What I would like to "get" is:

1. What the backup plan. (Or at least other people who can help Bernie)
2. Customer support
3. A better search on the forums
4. A better HAL in the games
5. More interaction with Bernie and/or support
6. Better drafts/ more options in drafting

etc...

I'm sure we all could add on to this list.

I would like to get all of these done in a timely manner.

visick
visick

Postby the splinter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 am

[quote:459cc0e064]lol The Splinter only came on to complain about players complaining. Now THATS a true American I guess, wherever he comes from.[/quote:459cc0e064]

Not complaining...just requesting a more positive attitude and perspective.

Jim Boon
Marietta Georgia USA
the splinter

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:06 am

Jim,

Normally I'd agree. 9 times outta 10 I might agree. If this was an isolated incident I'd agree. But when it's a pattern of doing business poorly a positive attitude and perspective just helps keep status quo....We become part of the problem.
nevdully's

Postby visick » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 am

Well said nev...
visick

Postby Salty » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:28 am

Adding on to whats been said is that- last update was friday...

Now we may jump to alls well and we are starting today, or we may not.
But right now, we all got no clue- which leads us to more speculation, which leads us to more complaints. :shock:

PS- Im not suggesting we start giving times which may or may not be met- but an update as to whats actually going on right now would be good.
Salty

Update

Postby bernieh » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am

Hi everyone.

Been working all weekend and burning the midnight oil... meetings with SOM brass this morning.

We've been doing countless tests and, as it goes, turning up a few lingering issues which we're busy resolving. I say "soon" because each day there's been the chance that we were going to announce something, but then we deemed it better to be more cautious. We'd hate to announce a date and then miss it again. "Soon" is an attempt to communicate with you and give you some sort of an update, before we make an announcement. Sorry if it seems like another broken promise at this point. But I truly believe we'll be getting going "soon". I don't know how to communicate an informative update without seeming like I'm promising something.

A lot of speculation has been going on over who's to blame, whether it's a pattern, what this means for the business going forward. I understand it, and don't begrudge anyone's right or urge to debate or criticize. It's an obvious thing to talk about at this time. I'll give you my very brief answers for now:

I take the responsibility for what's going on. Yes, there were difficult circumstances that forced me into a tough position, but ultimately, I have to take responsibility for where we are. Strat-O-Matic could only listen to me, and they're doing as much as they can to help me proceed.

So if you're going to blast someone, go ahead and blast me. I won't mind it because I deserve it. I'm taking responsibility for it. I'm not sure what good it's going to do, but if there's a target, it's me.

SOM are the good guys here. The "pattern" is with me. SOM is working to break the pattern going forward. They're getting me help so I won't be alone anymore. My being alone all this time wasn't SOM's fault. Now that they're in charge, they'll be doing everything they can to rectify it. Let's give this time to reap the rewards from the changes that SOM is making. This will be a hugely different business going forward.
bernieh

Postby Roscodog » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks Bernie.

I know I'll still be here when it all gets sorted out. 8-)
Roscodog

Re: Update

Postby Salty » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:51 am

[quote:99d70ec242="bernieh"]

We've been doing countless tests and, as it goes, turning up a few lingering issues which we're busy resolving. "Soon" is an attempt to communicate with you and give you some sort of an update, before we make an announcement. Sorry if it seems like another broken promise at this point. But I truly believe we'll be getting going "soon". I don't know how to communicate an informative update without seeming like I'm promising something.
[/quote:99d70ec242]

Hi B-
I hope this suggestion helps:

I think people would be interested in whats being tested and what [b:99d70ec242]lingering issues[/b:99d70ec242] you found.
We dont want you to take a huge amount of time away from working it-
but 5 mins or so would keep people from thinking that things arent going well and that the good news is that lots of older things are being fixed.
Now that may get old if it continues for another week or so- but right now it wouldnt.

Good luck,

Salt
Salty

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx