The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:41 pm

well that's good to know :oops:

That being the case anyone looking to move down in the second round so I can move up :shock:

Then let's see if you grab the other guy I was thinking of.
:wink:
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:43 pm

[quote:fea578deb4]

Mike_J
All-Star
Posted February 08, 2005 10:32 AM
Most of the important stuff is here: No one disagreed with any of this.

1. 40 man rosters.

2. Only players with cards are eligible for the draft. Sorry for those who scour minor league scouting reports, but if the guy doesn't have a card, he's not eligible. (We have now adopted the policy of ANY SOM card -- even the "x" cards -- which we actually used last season too). ***

3. Protect a minimum of 25, a max of 30, player choice. This should be enough so that those who need it have rebuild room, but not so little that a team can completely overhaul overnight.

4. A 15 round FA draft around this time each year, NOT SERPENTINE.

5. Your stadium is your stadium. Its part of the draft, and you're stuck with it, no matter how much Strato changes its ratings. If we're here in 5 years, then we can talk about switching stadiums, but let's say the initial lease is at least 5 seasons. (We later agreed to let them be changed after 3 years) ***

6. Trade rules- Hopefully, we don't need any. Draft picks are tradeable.

With divisions, we decided that, after the first season, divisions will rotate according to record. The East will be the A league. Kind of the English Premiere League theory. (Thanks again for the reminder here FD!) ***

I also sincerely hope people are in this with the long-term in mind. It would be disappointing if someone tries to draft a one-year wonder, then bails out next season. (Kind of an "ironic" statement!) :wink: ***
[/quote:fea578deb4]
cirills

Postby cirills » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:45 pm

[quote:929de6d865]Then let's see if you grab the other guy I was thinking of.
[/quote:929de6d865]

Oh no ... pressure! :shock: :P :twisted:

Seriously, knowing the way you think in this game (and that's NOT a shot btw), I believe I know who YOU are thinking of, BUT that is NOT who I will be drafting.
cirills

Postby cirills » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:52 pm

I just remembered, Dick gave me his cell # to call him when it was his turn.

Oops. :oops:

Making the call now.
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:55 pm

[quote:be5fd2d017]knowing the way you think in this game [/quote:be5fd2d017]

Uh oh time to get unpredictable, can't have you knowing my every move. :D :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:58 pm

Just taked to Richard and he was in his car.

As soon as he gets back to his office he'll make his pick! 8)
cirills

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:59 pm

Baker was a pretty straight forward pick for me (although I liked francoeur). I have 2 stud SPs, and 1 other one above 1M. I needed another SP.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby cirills » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:05 pm

[quote:fec993e26f]and 1 other one above 1M[/quote:fec993e26f] who I still covet as well ... :roll:
cirills

Postby blueiguana » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 pm

I'm not sure how a partnership would work, especially between two people who don't know each other. Do we both make personnel moves, run the team, etc? Doesn't sound like it would work out so well.

I'd be happy to give Stoney some proxies and let him pick for me -- or even to give him authority to exercise his best judgment and pick without proxy while I'm out -- but that hardly gives him fair compensation for his work. I doubt he'd want to do that, and I don't blame him.

I don't want to create difficulties or to keep flogging this issue. So, assuming that Stoney doesn't want to just proxy my picks while I'm away, I propose either (1) I send someone (tell me who) proxies to use while I'm away, or (2) I step aside and Stoney can take it from here.

I'm fine with either option. I have a team in the USKL2, so I won't be shut out if I step out in this one. If I stay, proxies aren't an ideal situation but I'm happy to do it to keep things moving. No hard feelings from me either way.

I thought about taking Baker instead of Francouer, and I probably will regret not doing (or, perhaps, stoney will regret it).
blueiguana

Postby Stoney18 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:06 pm

I agree with Blue and wouldn't want to do a partnership.

You guys decide how you want to handle this. I'm involved in other leagues so not being part isn't going to kill me and I wouldn't want Blue to step aside just because I'm interested.
Stoney18

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat