Event 2, League 3 DRAFT STARTED

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Now, I have a couple of problems...

Postby terpfan61764 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:05 am

1. Since I had last pick I tried to pick my home field and put my draft card together based on other teams that were going to be in my division with me and now we are changing that without even asked others if we are ok with it. (I probably would not have had a problem, but should have been taken into consideration before a decision was made based upon someone elses mistake)

2. We are holding for one person so that he can participate in the waiver draft. What about the fact that due to work I can't participate on Friday???That is not going to put me in a very good position to compete unless I get very lucky with my draft card. It doesn't seem right that we are holding off for one person without taking others into consideration.

I Don't mean to be a pain, but I'd just like everyone to be in the same boat and I would have been fine if we would have just let the chips fall and see what happened, but if we are going to hold off for one person why can't we hold off for others. Would it be fair to everyone else if I held my team out until I could it worked best for me??? (please don't mistake that as anything but a rhetorical question, I am not thinking of doing that)

All I am doing is pointing out the bad logic of doing things this way.
terpfan61764

I now see that you did ask for objections...

Postby terpfan61764 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:19 am

Unfortunately didn't get home from work in time to properly state my opionion. I really don't have a problem with the switch in divisions. I can live with that, it was an honest mistake and there isn't a real reason to make things difficult to try and fix it.

However, I would like us to hold off so that the draft isn't held on Friday if that is at all possible. I just can't do it on that day.
terpfan61764

Postby Assmeriten » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Oks so I'm now in the West. If the other teams there want to go back and redo their draft cards because of the park I am in, I don't think anyone should have a promblem with it. I know I don't. The other option is simple. The team that ended up in the Central and not the West pulls team out, I then enter my team which will be placed in the central still giving us 11 teams and then the other team rejoins the league and winds up in the West. For future reference the way you monitor things is before joing the league, see how many teams are in so far. So if 4 teams are in that means the North is full, if 8 teams in then the Central is full, more that 8 means the West is being loaded, and of course league full, waiting for draft means all 12 teams are in. 8)
Assmeriten

Postby Assmeriten » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:57 pm

My draft card is filled out. Just let me know when to place it in the league.
Assmeriten

Postby Assmeriten » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:11 pm

If I load Thursday the draft would take place Friday morning with waivers being on Saturday and the league would start Monday. I work on Saturday so hopefully I will be home in time to take part in the mini frenzy that follows the waiver draft.
Assmeriten

Postby ksher58 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:18 pm

Let's do it tonight. I think there will always issues with having everyone around for the frenzies, mini or otherwise. Personlly, I usually can't be around for them because I can't always be the computer at 6 AM. I would be able to do it if it is held on Friday (Sat. morn here).
ksher58

Postby ksher58 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:44 pm

I guess I've weighed in too late, since it seems like some of the other players will miss the friday mini-frenzy-Which is the one I could make.
ksher58

Postby gstanis » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:18 pm

Lets go. I am ready!!! To finish last again......
gstanis

Postby maligned » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:35 pm

Yeah, ksher, I'm with you. I've been following along and trying not to be a complainer, but Saturday's annoying for me too. Thursday or Friday waivers would have been better. There's never a good time, but once you open that "when does it work for everybody" can of worms, it's hard to stick it to someone who's got a legitimate conflict. Oh well...hopefully most people will be able to participate Saturday.
maligned

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship