My first shea team

My first shea team

Postby JOELKING » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:14 am

Hi all,
this is my first attempt of shea team, other parks in the division is
Yankee, millar and Angel.

Kinda of lost here, plus i own the first pick and there is No dh rule applied.

any thoughts? please

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=25901
JOELKING

Postby LMBombers » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:54 am

Let's start with pitching - Schilling, Martinez and Mulder will be fine. I would dump Buerhle for a hard LHP like Nate Robertson or Dontrelle Willis.

Lidge will be fine as your closer although first choice would be Wagner or BJ Ryan. The rest of your pen is not good for Shea. You need more LHP. Get rid of Riske and Burba for sure and look for RP with no BPHR vs LH batters.

You deffinately need more LH batters and in particular some LH power. If you do nothing else you must drop Mohr. You will probably face close to 50% LHP and Mohr costs too much unless you were in a RH slanted park.

You catchers are fine, Casey is good but I would rather have LH power at 1B like Dunn, Helton or Thome. Gload would be good too. Deffinately dump Roberts for someone like Castillo, Ron Belliard, M. Giles, Hudson or even Polanco.

3B - Get Chavez if possible. If not look at Huff, Lowell or even Jose Hernandez.

SS - ARod or Tejada would be great. Other good ones would be Renteria, Rollins or Khalil Greene.

OF - Look for LH power. Burnitz, Kotsay (high OBP), Mabry, Dunn. Byrnes might be a good choice too.

Lots of work for you to do but you have lots of money to spend.

Good LUck
LMBombers

Postby durantjerry » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:36 am

Get Mahay for the bullpen. There are not many LH R2 guys that are any good. He will do very well there.
durantjerry

Postby visick » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:29 am

Also see if you can grab Giles for 2B. He will put up some nice #'s.

(Grab a good back up though. Whenever I use him, I try to get Miles as his backup.)
visick

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:36 am

Whenever i use ANYONE, i try to get Miles as the backup.... :wink:
MICHAELTARBELL

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:42 am

Impressions..

I don't like Martinez here..too much gas in the can! Look for lilly, willis, escobar even is better...no or low bphrs, esp vs lefties

You have alot of $$ left, so you are probably already aware of this, but you need alot more left handed power/bphr type guys! This is the whole reason you pick shea, to take advantage of the short rf porch. Casey is great here, but he will need some help! Some of my personal favorites are Mauer, Pickering, Gload, chavez, Thome, Abreu, Huff, etc (some already mentioned by LMBomber)....but you need to be very left handed in shea IMO...

my .02 :)
MICHAELTARBELL

Postby JOELKING » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:30 pm

Interesting, a team pitching i dream off and mtbell dont like :P) talking about pedro, but its cool, mtbell is an expert shea man, :)

Hitting is very thin in the FA wire ( lH pop rise), plus this is none DH rule, so meuer would be to costly to get him..
JOELKING

Postby JOELKING » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:42 pm

another question to add, what to get for the first pick? since this league doesnt used the DH, should i grab the best SS available now? or wait in the middle of waivers picks to grab one?
JOELKING

Postby JdEarly » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:35 pm

You do have a lot of money left over already, but I think you should have more. About $5.15 million more. Dustan Mohr isn't going to do you any favors in Shea Stadium.

I would do what I could to try to pry Jeromy Burnitz away from the team that has him, unless he's a free agent. I think that he's a bargain as it is, and in Shea you would get even more value out of him. Maybe dangle Pedro out there?

Dave Burba and Rudy Seanez are gonna get beat like pinatas. Cheapies like Neal Cotts and Blaine Neal might be better suited for your park, and Wil Ledezma would make a solid spot starter/set up reliever for you at home.

Paul Lo Duca is going to be a pain for you. If you want a right handed catcher who hits lefties well, I would try to get ahold of Yorvit Torrealba. For the price you're paying for Lo Duca, you could have Torrealba and Javier Valentin (8R) platooning back there.

Is Eric Valent available? For .99M, he should really help your team in Shea.

Jose Hernandez could be a steal for you at 3B if he's available. He strikes out a ton and his defense is nothing special, but he mashes against left handers. In a no DH league, you're gonna want to mix up your lineup with lefties and righties so people can't mute your big hitters with a single pitcher, especially since you only have eight lineup spots that will be counted on to produce. I think Hernandez would give you more bang for your buck.

I'll check in again to see what moves you have made, and see if you have any more questions.
JdEarly

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:44 pm

I would not go wild on SS....furcal or someone like that is fine ( I am sure rollins is gone).....

Look for BANGERS!! Like I said, Casey is good, but look for some real bangers...with the kind of cash you have left over ( you must have had a TERRIBLE draft!), you should be able to get whoever you want (BARRY???!!!).....

It isn't that I do not like Pedro, I just like him in a pitchers park...... :wink:
MICHAELTARBELL

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx