LOTO 2006 WARMUP LEAGUE...

Kav, Great to hear from you...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed May 10, 2006 2:12 am

I have kind of lost touch with a bunch of the 05' finalists...I am planning on sending out invitations for a 48 Player 3 round Tournament sometime in June. May is my busiest month of the year. I figure it will take at least 60 invitations to land the 48 players and that is banking that all 24 from 05' will return.

There are a lot of new players from 05' that I believe will make the 06' Tour the most competitive and fun ever.

I just finally got the date of my daughter's graduation in June. I thought it might have been May or early June but it isn't until the 23rd. So instead of snding out the invitations after that, I believe i will start the process after next Tues or Wed, when the Mothers Day pay period ends for me. I am hoping for a start date by mid June.

I know I am definitely looking forward to it. :D Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

I have the format in mind, but I will send...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed May 10, 2006 2:15 am

Out the info in the middle of next week. It will be similar to last year's but with 3 different caps this time. :wink: R
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed May 10, 2006 7:13 am

Another sweep by my squad last night! No, really I swept. :wink:

In all seriousness, this team is playing very very well right now. I'm not sure of my worst record, but I know it was close to 25 games under 500. Now, we're within 10 games of the 500 mark, lead the league in shutouts, second in complete games, forth overall in team pitching, etc, etc.

I'm positive that if I tried to make drop/add moves in mid-season my team would not have improved. Making two big trades and not losing salary eventually led to where I'm at now.

So even though I'm still in last in my division (hopefully I won't finish there though) this has been a fun team to manage back to respectability. I know I'm not a candidate for "Manager of the Year", but maybe yall could throw a few bones my way. :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Wed May 10, 2006 8:45 am

Nice run there Jeepster! You'll get my vote.

Man the East is crazy! Swept and then a sweep?! 1 game back and there is still no clear cut winner of this division or the WC.
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed May 10, 2006 9:13 am

Yep the East is a dog fight for sure. That's going to be fun to watch these last 10 days.
Jeepdriver

Definitgely MGR of the year...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed May 10, 2006 11:48 am

For Jeep...Definitely... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby gjtjeff » Wed May 10, 2006 9:57 pm

Coming down the homestretch my Dull Blades (gay Blades...not that there's anything wrong with that !) are starting to look human and show some cracks. I've lost 7 of my last 9 games, not including what tonight might bring, and 7 of my last 8 series !! If I make it to the play-offs this is not a good sign !! :?

Jeep..... Go git it boy !!! (I just threw you a bone :D )

I can't wait for this LOTO to start, I've never participated in one of these things before, I bet it's a neat thing to be part of. What exactly are the rules anyway ? If you finish in the bottom third are you eliminated from the next round, or is it the best combined record ?

Jeff
gjtjeff

Basically a 3 round Elimination Tournament...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed May 10, 2006 11:05 pm

1st Round will be 4 12 team leagues (A, B, C, D) - beginning with the A League and using the Ratings system (Overall) Each invitee(Who accepts) will have their overall rating next to their name.

the highest rated player will be in league A the 2nd highest in league B the 3rd in league C and the 4th in League D - The 5th in League A etc.

It doesn't matter who joins what division, which can be random. But just to evenly distribute experience as evenly as possible without offending anybody, it at least creates a semblance of balance across the 4 leagues.

The 2nd round will take the 6 best records from League A and B to form the 1st 12 team League in the 2nd round. The 2nd 12 team league will be comprised of the 6 best records from Leagues C and D.

The 3rd Round(Finals Round) will be comprised of the 6 best records from each league in round 2.

The winner of Round 3 is the 06' LOTO CHAMPION.

The simple Rules:

All 3 Rounds are Simple Autodrafts...But with simple Ballpark and Cap Rule Differences. All 3 Rounds will use the DH, all 3 Rounds will have weighted waivers.

1st Round: 80M CAP, DH, Weighted Waivers ANY Ballpark you want to play in. So Multiple BP's are acceptable. Standard 20% Caphit on Add/Drop.

2nd Round: 100M CAP, DH, Weighted Waivers, Lottery for Ballparks, Unique Stadiums.(No 2 of the same ballpark allowed.) Standard 20% Caphit on Add/Drop.

3rd Round: 60M CAP, DH, Weighted Waivers, Unique Stadiums - In order of win pct. (Best to Last - So it pays to play hard and win. Stadium Choice in the Finals Round is a big deal - especially with the lower Cap.) Progressive Caphit (Like in BT 80's) 5%/10%/20%.

1 Last Rule: No Player may use the same Ballpark more than 1 Time. Anyone in the Finals League will have to have used 3 different Balparks.

Those are the rules for 2006 LOTO...

I hope everyone is up to the Challenge.

I know I am... :wink: Robert(Aka Swpsychic)
ROBERTVOZZA

Invitees...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed May 10, 2006 11:23 pm

AUTOMATIC:

1. Anyone who has ever played in a LOTO League Prior to and including last years Tournament. So all 24 players from the 05' Tour and others who played the year before(Kire, Luckyman, Riggodrill etc.)

2. Anyone who has played in ANY LOTO LEAGUES after the 05' Tour - OR anyone who has played in LOTO Leagues This year already.

3. Players I have played with and have established good relationships with from other Leagues...OR

4. Players who I have never played with who come highly recommended by other members of the established LOTO FAMILY.

5. Players I may never have played with, but have very good rappoire with from Message Board Interaction or in general, just have very good reputations.

The only way to truly be excluded from LOTO is to have a bad reputation with ANY of the established Players. Ie. If you cannot get along in a competitive situation without being flat out offensive to other members(Trash Talk is definitely welcome) you just don't get invited.

I think everyone here knows the difference between good and bad taste.

Otherwise, I look forward to growing the LOTO Family every year.

Questions, Comments and Complaints are welcome.

Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

ROBERT

Postby CATom » Wed May 10, 2006 11:35 pm

you are "up for it" cause YOU'LL be OUT after the first TWO rounds :lol: The REST of us suckers will have to pay for four (4) of 'em :shock:

I WOULD TRUELY nominate "KEV" as a candidate to play here - one of the very BEST i have played with !!!!!!!

ehlvkev --- (i think-- youkel from Idaho) one of the best players on the boards :shock:
CATom

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat