Event 3, League 5 Sign-ups - LC needed

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Guess I'll take ArrylT's spot.

Postby Coffeeholic » Sat May 20, 2006 9:32 am

If that's OK by you guys and Teepack?

1. TCS Northeast (Yankee Stadium & Coors Field)
2. BthnyBchBum (Jacobs & PNC)
3. wavygravy2k (SBC)
4. Coffee (RFK, Turner)
5. Terry101 (Angels Stadium, Comerica)
6. fowldawg (fenway, coors)
7. raiders91sc (wrigley, Jacobs)
8. BED (Yankee Stadium, Coors)
9. 11bosshogg11 (Turner, Metrodome)
10. 7smitty7(Safeco)
11. wwwetz (rogers, shea)
12. Skandia HL Midgets (Minute Maid & SAFECO)
Last edited by Coffeeholic on Sat May 20, 2006 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coffeeholic

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Sat May 20, 2006 9:34 am

Thanks Coffee. Welcome aboard

Midget
STEVENHOLMAN

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Sat May 20, 2006 10:07 am

Great looks like we're full. Does anyone know how the live draft works? I think we need a password. If someone knows go ahead and take charge. If nobody is sure, we should ask Teepak for help. It shouldn't be too difficult

Midget
STEVENHOLMAN

working to get login

Postby raiders91sc » Sat May 20, 2006 3:15 pm

Everyone

I sent a email to the sight we are suppose to do the draft to get a password and login. From what I have seen once I get that I put everyone in the sight and you login with your name and password test. I will be using the names I see in the list. If I am doing this wrong let me know.

Brian

PS nice move Coffee. You get the first pick in the draft. No issues from me, unless you draft the guy i want. Ha Ha. Good luck
raiders91sc

Postby ArrylT » Sat May 20, 2006 3:15 pm

:oops: :o :oops:

I did not notice earlier that teepack had already done the divisions & draft order. :(

I do not think it should be a problem to simply insert Coffeholic in my spot (#4 & East Division), but if there are objections, I will have no problem to stick with this league even though I won't be around much for the next couple of days.

I'll try to check back sometime tonight & see.
ArrylT

trying to get things set up

Postby raiders91sc » Sat May 20, 2006 5:48 pm

I email the sight and teapack about getting a login and password to start our draft. Have not received anything back yet.

Here is a interesting thing T put out for the live draft to help it go quicker and understand how to set your proxies.

The system is remarkably simple yet very complex. You have essentially two options. You can designate your players in groups by round (i.e. you can list 4-6 players or more as people you want with your first round pick, and it will take the highest ranked player on your list when it is your turn, but then it will delete all the other players from that round when you make your pick) or you can group the players in groups and then put the groups in a specific order. I prefer the latter approach.

The round approach is pretty simple. Let's say you decide you want a hitter in the first round and you've got the fourth pick. All you need to do is to rank your top four choices in the order in which you want them, and when it is your turn to pick, you will get the highest pick in your queue. At that point, all the other picks are deleted.

The reason I like the group approach best is that you can tell the system to keep picking from the same group until all the players you have listed are gone. In other words, I could identify the top eight hitters I want and list them all in Round 0 and Group 1, and I would get players from that group as long as they were available when it was my turn to pick and as long as I don't check "Delete if Group picked." If you check that, whenever the system picks one player from your group, it will delete all the others that you have told to "Delete if Group picked." If all the players in that group are gone when it is my turn to pick again, it will move to the next group.

Some tips to remember: You can list a player in more than one round. Let's say you really want Derek Jeter and Gary Sheffield. You can list Jeter as your No. 1 pick in the first round and Sheffield as No. 2, and then you can go ahead and list Sheffield as your No. 1 pick in Round 2, in case you get Jeter with your first pick. That way, you can conceivably get both. One quirk to remember, though, is that if you put a player in multiple rounds but then decide you want to remove him from one round, when you click the remove button, it will remove him from ALL the rounds you have listed.

Remember to use the "Delete if GroupLet's say I decide with my first two picks, I want a good offensive shortstop or catcher. For catcher, my choices are Jason Varitek, Victor Martinez or Javier Valentin, and for shortstop, my choices are Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez or Michael Young.

Let's say that my top priority is SS, so I put the SSs into one group with the following rankings:

Round 0, Group 1

A-Rod
Jeter
Young

Then I put my catchers in Round 0, Group 2

Martinez
Varitek
Valentin

I have to remember to mark Jeter and Young both as Yes on Delete if Group Picked. That way, if I get Arod, then it drops Jeter and Young so I won't get stuck with two SSs.

Does that help?
raiders91sc

Re: working to get login

Postby Coffeeholic » Sat May 20, 2006 10:19 pm

[quote:ba12f052a0="raiders91sc"]PS nice move Coffee. You get the first pick in the draft. No issues from me, unless you draft the guy i want. Ha Ha. Good luck[/quote:ba12f052a0]

:lol:

Truthfully guys... I didn't realize that I was snaking into the #1 pick (thought I was #4).

I usually try to trade the #1 pick in a live draft when I get it anyway, and will certainly be willing to do so again this time.
Coffeeholic

Postby wavygravy2k » Sun May 21, 2006 1:19 am

You are #4 aren't you? See "Draft order and divisional assignments".
wavygravy2k

Postby teepack » Sun May 21, 2006 8:27 am

Do you guys need some help getting your draft set up? Just let me know. And if Arryl T can't make it, feel free to switch somebody into his spot.
teepack

Postby STEVENHOLMAN » Sun May 21, 2006 9:11 am

Thanks Tee, Looks like we may need help getting started. Also we are full

Midget
STEVENHOLMAN

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship