The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Sun May 21, 2006 7:43 am

I need to maintain a code of strict silence based on the results so far. To say anything could effect that. Hell, this might even be too much.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby cirills » Sun May 21, 2006 10:43 am

I'LL go ahead and say it.

It's FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

Bob don't know what he gave up! :P

Guess you like THIS team better now, huh Mike! :wink: :P

Speaking of which, what's happened to your "old" team? :shock: :o
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:52 pm

The pitching Mike is getting should hold up well. The hitting, especially SLG, has been very lucky so far, but that will level off eventually - enjoy the nice run while it lasts Mike!

BTW, I never knew what Bubba Hotep was until I saw it yesterday on the video shelves at my local library - looks like a hoot!
qksilver69

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Sun May 21, 2006 8:05 pm

I really had no idea what to expect from this team. I don't do the hours of ratings disk eval I used to, so I couldn't be anywhere near as precise as I used to be. I thought the team was OK, and expected improvement from last year, but until the games start, you never know what you're going to get. I also know that the hitting has been somewhat of a fluke. Long season, and I could very easily go on to lose 90. A sidenote- for whatever reason (maybe just a general improvement in the game), Hal has handled my pitching almost perfectly.

As for my ex-team, I think there's huge fluke factor at work. Some of the numbers being put up by those players are just unbelievably bad.

On to Bubba Hotep. Interesting thing about that name is that I had it long before the movie came out (and I still haven't seen the movie, although I probably will one day. Always enjoyed Bruce Campbell). The name goes back to pre-SOM days. I used to play some of the Ultimate Fantasy games (never all that well), and when I tried Mike J and variations to register, they were already used. So I tried Bobo Justus, which is a character from "The Grifters" (If you've seen the movie, he's the mob boss who does some pretty nasty things to Anjelica Huston). That was also used. "The Grifters" was written by Jim Thompson, and I could have sworn that I had heard of a character he had created called Bubba Hotep. So I used that. Oddly enough, I think that was wrong- Bubba Hotep is from a book by a totally diffferent writer, the book which the movie was based on. That writer might have stolen the name from Jim Thompson, but I can't find any evidence. I really haven't read either.

When I registered for the SOM message board, I used Mike_J, but when TSN decided to host the board, they defaulted all the names to whatever you were registered as at TSN.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby Ninersphan » Mon May 22, 2006 8:04 am

I have to say I'm suprised at my teams good start. ( Which I've probably now jinxed) I thought I'd have a pretty good offense as long as Hafner and Vlad stayed healthy, now we'll see how things go with Travis out for this series with what I'm sure is the frist of many trips to the DL. What I still don't think I have enough of is pitching. Hopefully it holds up as well as it has so far, although Webb's poor start is a little suprising to me, he's getting rocked by righties a s well as lefties.
Ninersphan

Postby Stoney18 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:05 am

Glad to hear other people feel like they jinx their team when they talk about them. :D Like Bubba, sometime's I'm scared to say anything at all.
Stoney18

Postby cirills » Tue May 23, 2006 2:24 pm

Well, I should shut up. :roll:

I've lost 5 in a row, while Ineluki has WON 6 in a row. :o :cry:

Has anyone succeeded with Patterson this year? This is like the 3rd time he has started miserably fo me. His card just ain't that bad. :evil:
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Tue May 23, 2006 3:14 pm

Sandy, if you haven't already, check the NLD thread for some personal news about me.
Ninersphan

Postby qksilver69 » Tue May 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Everyone - I am so addicted to this format (kudos to Sandy) that I am thinking of starting an offshoot. Only major change I am contemplating is allowing for the drafting of up to 3 prospects per year who do not yet have a ML AB or IP. It requires some extra admin to manage that, but I'd be up for it if I could get a group of committed owners together (this gang has been great, I love the action!), so if you're interested, let me know. Planning on posting rules & publicizing sometime this weekend....

Qk
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Tue May 23, 2006 5:23 pm

You know you can count ME in Qk!!! :D :D :D

Just don't try and make it better! :P :P :P
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat