Sign-ups for event 3 live draft - LEAGUE 2!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby maligned » Tue May 23, 2006 5:20 pm

FJ: try refreshing your draft page. Pick 74 was made just before 3pm eastern. We are waiting on Jake at #78 currently. His clock runs out at 6:56.

Moony got caught back up at #73.
maligned

Postby maligned » Tue May 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Jake has timed out again. Bob, you're up. You have until 8:56pm eastern.

Jake, are you around? We really need you to set some proxies when you're gone--otherwise, we're encouraged to find a replacement who can stay up on the draft. Here is what the rules state about skipping a person two times:

"Stopping the draft: If a manager is skipped for a second time, the league may choose to halt the draft until it determines if the manager is going to be able to continue. If a manager can’t continue, the draft should be stopped until a replacement manager can be found. The replacement manager should then be allowed to make all the picks necessary to get caught up before the draft is restarted. "

League folks: Do we want to halt the draft until we find Jake and figure out if he'll continue? Any thoughts?

Jake: Please check in and let us know what you want us to do if you see this. We'd all love to see you keep going, but you've got to set some proxies if you want to end up with a competitive team--and if we are going to be able to keep a draft running.
maligned

Postby FRANKZAHN » Tue May 23, 2006 6:13 pm

I think we need to do as the rules suggest. Halt the draft, find out if he is going to be able to continue, then find a replacement if necessary.

Frank
FRANKZAHN

Postby FRANKZAHN » Tue May 23, 2006 6:34 pm

Hey, JTS picked!! BobSchwartz is on deck.
FRANKZAHN

Postby maligned » Tue May 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Jake: Glad to see you check in. Here is the page from the help section of Penn's site, if you haven't seen it. This should give you some good tips for setting proxies. Your next pick will probably come back around yet tonight before the clock shuts off at midnight:

About the Draft
You can not pick until its your turn or if the pick time for the person picking before you has expired. Proxies are executed every 5 minutes.

Picking Players
To make a pick click on make your pick. A page should appear that allows you to select the players you want to see. You can do many types of searches, type in part of a players name, Select a position and range, Select a min dollar value, etc. Once you have found the player you want to pick just click on ADD

Creating Proxies
Proxies are executed in order of ROUND,GROUP,PRIORITY

ROUND --- Round at which you want the proxy to execute, if you select 0 (ZERO) then the proxies executes current round, if you select Round 2 and its your pick in Round 1 or Round 3 that proxy WILL NOT be used. Round 0 is used when you dont care about the round and you just want to execute your proxies in order of GROUP then Priority.

GROUP -- You can group your proxies, ie group 2B,CF or SPs and you can flag "Delete group if picked" to YES if you only want ONE proxies from a group of several to be used. IE I want either Lowe or RJ but I dont want both....So the proxy would look like this...

Round--0, GROUP--1,DELETEGROUP--YES, PRI--1, D LOWE
Round--0, GROUP--1,DELETEGROUP--YES, PRI--2, R Johnson
Once I get my pick of Lowe the proxies for Lowe and RJ are both removed.

Delete if Group picked --- You MUST flag EVERY player in a group that you want deleted if any player in that group is picked.

ie.
ARod group 1 pri 1 Delete - N
Tejeda group 1 pri 2 Delete - Y
A Gonzalez group 1 pri 3 Delete - N
If you get Arod, Tejeda is removed but Gonzalez is still a valid proxy.If Arod was picked already and you get Tejeda, A Gonzalez still will be a valid proxy

You have to set every player you want deleted to YES.

To create a proxies, select/filter the same way you would to make a pick. Once you find the player you want enter the player ID in the Player ID box above the find name prompt.
maligned

Postby maligned » Tue May 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Bob's time has run out now too. Theoretically, bigalric is up. Let's get this going, guys.
maligned

Postby maligned » Wed May 24, 2006 9:00 am

The 2-hour clock is now on for today. When Jake's time runs out at noon, or if he picks before that, we will be rolling for the day.

Jake, if you read this at some point, please read back through our old posts about proxies. We don't want to belabor the point, but it's really been a slow process this week. We waited the entire day for you to pick on Monday and more than one third of our 14-hour window(10a-Midnight) yesterday. At this rate, we won't finish until late next week. We'll obviously have the clock off for all of labor day weekend. So, not much will be happening then. It would be great to have a few days of quicker movement this week. This can only happen with proxies being set for times that you're not around. Again, after you read through our posts on this thread, if you have any questions at all, please post them. Thanks.
maligned

Postby Jack377 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:09 am

[quote:1f729de773="maligned"]We'll obviously have the clock off for all of [b:1f729de773]labor day [/b:1f729de773]weekend.[/quote:1f729de773]

Wow, I knew we were a little behind schedule but that IS a long draft... :lol:

Seriously, though, Jake...it would be great if you could try to pick faster. If the proxy is too hard to figure, maybe you could give someone your password and send them a private message with your picks you would like ranked in order...Hope we finish up and you get the guys you wanted.

Jack
Jack377

Postby maligned » Wed May 24, 2006 9:22 am

Ya got me, Jack...:) Obviously, I meant this weekend.
maligned

BIGALRIC is UP

Postby rschwartz51 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:38 pm

JAKETHESNAKE timed out so I've made my pick and now BIGALRIC is up.

Further note - JAKETHESNAKE has some other open spots to draft for.
rschwartz51

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship