COMING SOON!!! LOTO 2006 INVITATIONAL TOUR!!!

I think we are alike in lots of the good ways...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri May 26, 2006 4:26 am

But the ways we are incompatible are very combustible. Not a good combination.

BTW, remember what I said about your Avengers Team in Pre season? Wish I could be there in the Finals...Sorry my team collapsed in the last 3rd of the season. They just weren't as good as I had hoped. I did a lot with mirrors tho, for awhile. :wink: R
ROBERTVOZZA

Actually, of all the new LOTO Players...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri May 26, 2006 4:47 am

Stoney plays the most like Edge...Very similar styles. Oftentimes you'll look at Edge's teams and expect to do well, cuz there aren't as many stud pitchers as other teams might use. But you can never shut his teams down. I usually give look for flaws when I study opposing teams Offenses.

Stoney and Edge seldom have any. It usually doesn't matter who you pitch against them. They hit everyone.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jerlins » Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 am

Thats easy for me. Stevep107: The only manager in 05 that was able to keep me out of the playoffs when I didn't lose a coin flip. One tough Hombre!!!! Other than that, I haven't been in enough leagues to meet up with anyone more than once or twice.
Jerlins

Postby cirills » Fri May 26, 2006 8:14 am

[quote:e1142cbd45]Even the drugs don't work. [/quote:e1142cbd45]

Sorry to hear that Robert. I have switched from that one myself to another (due to financial concerns -- my new insurance company gave me a Rider against them). :evil:
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Fri May 26, 2006 11:38 am

My toughest 5 -

1) Jeep: We've been battling for about 20 years (or so it seems), and always take turns beating each other up.

2) Luckyman: sometimes I set up a team just to beat him...and end up only beating him. Finishing with a 60-100 record because I'm so fixated - he's that good.

3) Bigmahon: another vet that beats up on me as much as I beat up on him. Don't let that friendly banter fool you - he's the toughest guy on that side of the pond.

4) Jamie: if there's anyone who gets me up for battle as much as Luckyman, it's Jamie. One tough cookie who really knows his stuff.

5) Qksilver/Spicki/Riggo/Edge/Sandlotshrink: Can't really say I enjoy playing in the same division as any of these guys...because it usually means my $25 investment has just tanked and I have to reach for my wallet again.

Honorable mention: Robvoz/Swpsychic - taught me everything I know ( :lol: ) but didn't teach me everything HE knew ( :lol: :lol: ). Has a way of getting up for me that oftentimes makes me look like I'm still a beginner.
kaviksdad

Jerlins...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri May 26, 2006 12:56 pm

You are right about Stevep107, I am playing over .600 ball in a league where I am easily best record - but I am in 2nd place...Behind Steve.

Sandy, the meds definitely help. but a lot of my problems are pain related, which makes me even less patient than usual. I have taken so many anti inflamatories the past 8-10 yrs from injuries that I am getting concerned about my liver. So I try to cut down and get headaches like the alien is trying to get out.

Marc, that was definitely a good way to put it. I used to share all my secrets on the boards, or in leagues I was in. But I kept losing to everyone i helped. now I might share the obvious stuff, but never my best. :wink: R
ROBERTVOZZA

I believe that...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri May 26, 2006 1:10 pm

I am a very competitive player when I have a good draft and waivers and get the players I want for my park. When I do, I believe I can totally hold my own with the very best. However, whenI don't have good preaseasons, my teams are embarassingly bad.

IMO, the great ones play well(And win) even when they have terrible drafts...I was in a league with Lucky and have been in some with the others mentioned, where i actually felt sorry for some of these players, licking my chops at the prospects of finishing ahead of them, but they always seem to recover, adapt and leave me in a pile of dust.

This is the kind of performance that impresses me. I am just not that good.
ROBERTVOZZA

OK

Postby CATom » Fri May 26, 2006 1:54 pm

some of the ones that have been mentioned PLUS a group of players i have started playing alot with,

Assmeriten, Doctor Tax1, Bobschwartz22, Bbrool, genegrid, LMBombers, ado jake, cvostevec, abnerdoubleday, ehlekev and prob. "THE" player i LIKE to beat the MOST "Penngray" (please come back) :lol:

If I have missed any of the guys I'm playing with i apoligize, hard to remember ya all - but know I am enjoying the competion we all have together, PLUS the very strange assortment of leagues we play in! 8)

Tom.

GEEZ - I forgot SLS!!!
CATom

Postby RiggoDrill » Fri May 26, 2006 7:29 pm

Is there a league sign-up thread somewhere. If there is, include me IN. 8)
RiggoDrill

The beginning of this thread...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri May 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Lists the format, rules and how to sign up. I have tried to make it as painless as possible for everyone.

All you have to do to sign up for the 48 team 3 round elimination tour is list your OVERALL Ranking next to your name and you're signed up.

After all 48 spots are filled, the players in each of the 4 Leagues(A,B,C,D) in the 1st round will be assigned by overall rating 1st to last.

The highest rating in League A, the 2nd in league B the 3rd in League C, the 4th in League D, the 5th in League A etc. until all 4 leagues are full.(There are no Divisional assignments. It is at everyone's convenience - 1st come 1st served. ) When the last League is Full, we will commence play. or if desired the 1st full can begin and so on.

Glad to have you back in the LOTO Fold, Mike...You were missed last year. :wink: Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat