Event 3, League 10 Sign-ups - LIVE DRAFT!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby nhsteven » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:08 am

It is not etdefender I have an issue with, it is the timer being set up incorrectly; at 2 days per pick. And I was wrong before; assuming 9AM-11PM drafts AND Weekends, the draft as currently set up would take 600 days.
nhsteven

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:46 am

Actually there is no clock at all for the first round so that we can make sure that everyone is aware that the draft has started and that they can enter the draft site and make a pick.

Starting in the second round there is a clock that I think is set at 4 HR, but it might be 2 HR, I'm not sure. Once the clock runs out the next person in line will be able to make a pick to force the draft to continue.

If someone is skipped it would be in our best interest not to continue skipping him as that person could just drop out of the league if skipped several times and that hurts all of us.

We all have busy lives but we also know what we signed up for when we signed up for a live draft. This is what I meant when I said live drafts are a lot of fun but can be frustrating when people don't create proxy picks or check in regularly.

ctwin is up now.
LMBombers

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:26 pm

ndowdy is up to make a selection in the draft. I am a little concerned about him as he has never made a post in this thread. He was one of the 3 guys who posted for the league in the league 9 thread. Since there was already a league 9 I copied and pasted their sign ups to this thread. I hope he is still with us.

I just PM'd him so hopefully we will hear something soon.
LMBombers

Postby RangerJoe » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:29 pm

The key to this thing moving will be everyone using the proxy tool, and having at least enough names listed to get through the next pick, or even beyond that if one's draft strategy allows it. With the 2 hour window coming up, and the proxy tool, this thing should move along nicely after the first round. I don't know how many are left from the days we used to draft on the message boards, but those drafts had a tendency to drag on. Penn revolutionized our game here when he put the draft site together. 8)
RangerJoe

Event 3, live draft

Postby wcaplan2003 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:30 pm

This live draft system simply doesn't work. The proxies are a good idea, but way too complicated and time consuming to set up. I won't do another one if this is the system that stays in place. Very simply, the draft should be set up like a fantasy sports draft for a specific time and date by the league manager, or when a majority of the managers can make it, and if someone can't make it, they should have the opportunity to list their players/proxies in a simpler fashion than what this site offers. There are other sites that can fascilitate this - Strat should look elsewhere. We are all probably too busy to check this every two - four hours.
wcaplan2003

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:11 pm

Anything new seems complicated at first. I have done 5 or so live drafts on penn's website and the proxy thing is pretty strait forward and simple to use IMO. The only thing that can slow us down is for people not to have a proxy or two set up or not checking in regularly.

Hopefully ndowdy will get us rolling again soon.

If you have a group of vets that have used the draft site before and can be counted on to check in regularly or do proxies then a live draft is really quite enjoyable. Once we get over the hump of the first round I think things will get much better.
LMBombers

Postby LMBombers » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:18 am

I just sent a PM to teepack asking for help in either finding ndowdy or replacing him in our draft with someone from the league 11 signups. Hopefully something will happen today.

Please be patient and once we can get through round 1 of the draft I really think things will start clicking and all will be good in the world again! :D
LMBombers

delay

Postby tmm6883 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:19 pm

We've gone past 24 hrs and I'm just about out of patience. Lets move on, enough is enough. Disband the league if we have to, whatever it takes..............................teepack just informed me that he asked lmbombers to look for a replacement in league 11.
tmm6883

Postby LMBombers » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:31 pm

I made a post in the League 11 thread asking for someone to join our league. I am sure we will have a replacement before the day is out.

Everyone please remain patient and just 3 more picks and we will be out of the first round and the pace will pick up. Hopefully we can make good progess this weekend! The clock is off on the weekends but that doesn't mean that we can't make picks.
LMBombers

thanks

Postby tmm6883 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:44 pm

thanks to lmbombers for taking on the thankless job of commish and getting us thru the annoying part of this process.
tmm6883

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship