I am PISSED!

I am PISSED!

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:47 am

Finals, game 7, bottom of the 9th, I'm up by a run, Dan Quisenberry sits rested on the bench (and, more importantly, is set to closer versus lefties and righties), HAL brings in Stu Miller, 3 runs score, and I go home a loser.

I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF THIS GAME! :evil:
ADRIANGABRIEL

That's just wrong!!!

Postby aceventura55369 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:38 am

I feel for you AG
aceventura55369

Postby GREGKOESTER » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:43 am

I don't understand why they don't tweak the game engine a bit to make HAL use the setup and Closer roles as a priority over anyone else he brings in.. Also WHEN to pinch hit for the pitcher. If the game is tied and the pitcher is leading off the 6th inning or above, HAL utilizes a pinch hitter in most instances. Bucky Walters had a 2 hitter going and is pulled after the 5th. Why won't they make the final adjustments?
I can almost see why more priority isn't put on closer and set up. If they did a guy could MORE effectively pitch a guy like Pete as Setup and Close on his off days. BUT Pete has a duel rating. I wonder how many relief appearences and starts guys with duel ratings had?
GREGKOESTER

Postby Leo / loob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:56 pm

boys, boys, boys.....

settle down

I do feel your pain, but I hafta say, its your own fault (sorta)....

I KNOW that Quiz has no C rating, and havent looked, but Miller probably does. And, regardless of settings, HAL will always use the C rating guy (good thing the closer thingy is turned off huh?).

And, Pete will pitch in relief, if you have him set to set-up. Do NOT set him to close (he won't)
Leo / loob

Postby B.o.b.b.y... » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:35 pm

It's exactly why you should never get mad. At the end of each day you give instructions on what to do but in the end thay CAN be overruled. It's the nature of the game. We don't play this game inning by inning and we can only do the best we can. The computer (HAL) has a mind of it's own and sometimes it right and sometimes it's wrong. It's the best game SOM has to offer......Hang in there....Bobby
B.o.b.b.y...

No C for Quiz

Postby cpugs22 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:46 pm

How the hell can Quiz have 33 saves and no closer rating????
cpugs22

Postby Leo / loob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:53 pm

This was brought up before, and I forget why, sorry.....
Leo / loob

Postby GARYGARCIA » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:59 pm

lo siento amigo.......quizas un tequila......()
Salud!!
g
GARYGARCIA

Postby harry lime » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:43 pm

[quote:808348f2c5]How the hell can Quiz have 33 saves and no closer rating????[/quote:808348f2c5]

It has nothing to do with how many saves he had. We are playing with a mixed set of cards that used different rules. The earlier versions of SOM did not use closer ratings-- it's relatively new, around '92, I believe, but don't quote me on that. So any season released prior to that will have no closer ratings and any season released after that will. To make things more confusuing-- some older seasons have been updated or done in a deluxe version and that is why '54 Newhouser has a closer rating and Quiz does not.

So--why didn't they just go in and add closer ratings to guys like Fingers and Quiz who were so clearly closers? Well, they say that they just turned the closer option off. And for ATG 1 it seemed to be true. But once ATG 2 came along it seemed that it got turned back on. Some people claim that it's not acytually on-- but that HAL does use it to determine who to bring in.

My own opinion is that it is on.
harry lime

Postby Treyomo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:51 pm

I second the man in the lime zoot suit.
Treyomo

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats