Round 3 - Let's go for a dozen leagues!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

CASMITH528 You &%#@!

Postby bleacher_creature » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:17 pm

Seriously. In my better moments I'm not such a dick, but dude, you better have a note from your doctor when you come back.

Someone's mom is in the hospital? I hope she's okay. Let us know if we can help with your draft.

This is my first live draft, and I expected to be the one lagging behind. Out of respect for others, proxies seem like a "no brainer". I have pretty regular computer access, so I am only setting them for one pick at a time right now.

I'm new, but it seems like the best way to organize them is by position:

1 = pitcher
2 = catcher
3 = 1B
4 = 2B etc...

10 = DH
11 = closer
12 = rh rp
13 = lh rp

Then prioritize your groups.

I must say, I'm surpised at the lameness of some participants. Don't tell me you had something better to do, unless your mom is in the hospital!
bleacher_creature

Postby BILLBONNIE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:29 pm

bleacher-
there is one in every draft that just doesn't get with the program, it isn't brain science, yet for some the concept of proxies seem to be unfathomable...just the way it is. I will say when you get 12 drafters that know what they are doing and are WITH THE PROGRAM- you can blast out a draft in a few days and have a lot of fun doing so. I'm sorry your first experience has to be this way, but this does happen. All it takes is one guy to gum up the whole works.

B.B.
BILLBONNIE

KCM0711 then MCSOUPY for 2

Postby mesquiton » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:21 pm

I skipped casmith, kelly is up, then mcsoupy on the turn
mesquiton

Postby cummings2 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:17 pm

Hey there gang. On a ciggy break. Teching until 11 pm (pacific) won't have access to penn's.

First of all: Cubey 8) We're cool! you don't have to apologize about anything. I didn't misunderstand you, I'm sorry if my post gve you that impression.

My picks: Kelly has my "dinger" password. If it comes time for me to skip someone and I am not around please login and pick my highest proxy. If you do, if I could ask you to remove the remaining proxies from that group it would be great otherwise I'll end with several players in the same position. I loaded up on proxies this morn so I should be fine.

Thnx again for helping me skip!
cummings2

Postby bleacher_creature » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:39 pm

Hey,

What happens with CASMITH's picks if he is dead or something? WHat happens to the draft. I hope we don't have to do the whole thing over.
bleacher_creature

Postby Cubit » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:52 pm

[quote:6eb51b76e2]irst of all: Cubey We're cool! you don't have to apologize about anything. I didn't misunderstand you, I'm sorry if my post gve you that impression.
[/quote:6eb51b76e2]

:lol:

We're so polite, I just cannot believe it!:wink:

OK, great picks of a middle infield in rounds 4/5 McSoupy! Now KCM has the conch (though leaving just three proxies would have guaranteed we'd have moved on... to SavGuy, a model proxy user to date).

Bleacher, your pick of Clark saved me a blunder, as I'd forgotten to cut him from my list when I got Pujols way back when. Thanks!

On your question, CASmith has only got that one skipped pick on the board at the moment, and since he came in earlier, I'm sure he'll be back. There's still plenty of good stuff out there, so he's not being penalized or anything, as that's the way teepack wrote the Tour Rules.

Keep it up folks.

btw Cummings, what do you teach?
Cubit

Postby BILLBONNIE » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:07 pm

I know it's in the rules somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look, do we skip Casmith again, or do we get hung up for another two hours when his pick comes up again? Just curious how often I should be checking in, I have proxies, but you guys keep whittling my list down so I have to build it up again!
Thanks for any info on the matter.

B.B.
BILLBONNIE

Postby mesquiton » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:25 pm

[quote:46dec31a68]Stopping the draft: If a manager is skipped for a second time, the league may choose to halt the draft until it determines if the manager is going to be able to continue. If a manager can’t continue, the draft should be stopped until a replacement manager can be found. The replacement manager should then be allowed to make all the picks necessary to get caught up before the draft is restarted.[/quote:46dec31a68]

Looks like two consecutive skips before we have to worry about it. But I think we still have to give him 2 hours when his next pick comes up, before the second skip.

I hope casmith won't let it come to that. As Cubit pointed out, he has (so far) always showed up eventually. Apparently not dead, just out to lunch. :wink:
Last edited by mesquiton on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mesquiton

Cubit

Postby kcm0711 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:28 pm

It has been 26 minutes, were are your proxies. :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :shock:

Just kidding. Everybody is so touchy.
kcm0711

CUBIT!!!

Postby mesquiton » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:43 pm

Make that 44 minutes, and counting...getting touchier by the minute.... :P
mesquiton

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship