Round 3 - Let's go for a dozen leagues!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Good use of humor. . .

Postby mcsoupy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 pm

CaSmith, thanks for having a good sense of humor. . . good joke.

. . . tastes like chicken. . . I always thought it was tuna fish. . . (Yikes, did I say that?)

mc
mcsoupy

Postby jjbird8 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Hey guys i'm up when dneedles finally makes his picks, my proxies ran out and i need to be away from my computer til 9 or 10 tonight. I'll try to set them before i leave work, if not don't panic.

JOHN
jjbird8

Postby BILLBONNIE » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:13 pm

looking for the commish to give some sort of ruling on what we are going to do in the case of dneedle. are we looking for a replacement? should I wait to make a pick? just trying to get a handle on things as I don't want to jump ahead, nor hold things up either. Let me know commish and I'll plan accordingly.

B.B.
BILLBONNIE

Postby BILLBONNIE » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:16 pm

Casmith, I'm glad to know your philosophy on using proxies, good to know as I now will avoid any live draft that you're in. To each his own, and in the future I now know to avoid a live draft with you. :-) no worries, .

B.B.
BILLBONNIE

Dneedle1, Has been Skipped twice; wboon is up

Postby Cubit » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:31 pm

dneedle1 does not appear to me to be drop-out material. Except for that weekend business he's made all his picks eventually and left proxies to boot. Why today should be different I do not know, but I am ruling that we will skip him this round-- meaning wbonn you're up-- and hope he's back in to fill in his picks; we are reasonably well into the draft and he's drafted a core.

If I have to go to a replacement it will be at the next bridge--if you know of anyone who would be willing to step in, please PM them and encourage them to lurk here, IF you think they can take the heat that seems to be building up.... :? I would like to keep the ad hominum remarks out of the league if we can; if anyone feels the need to shoot a rocket in anyone's direction, do so in private is better for the group, IMHO. Razzing the hell out of another guy's draft choices, well that's perfectly in the spirit of SOMO!

Hopefully we'll be firing proxies around the corner to you wbonn again. Go for it, please.
Cubit

Postby jjbird8 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Hey everyone I just got in from work, I need to look some things over and will have my picks in by 10:15 pm east coast time. Sorry if I held u guys up.

JOHN
jjbird8

Postby Cubit » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:47 pm

That's cool. Just plug and play when you can.

I got a ruling from teepack on our policy here. He's 100% in favor of continuing to skip whenever a player's time expires, and he too urges all to use proxies for the sake of everyone who plays this game.

Happy to have your picks jjbird, then we'll get wbonn's next pick before we hit the dneedle wall and he'll have all night to pick and fill, but hopefully he'll be back in and allow the rest of us to move along here.

btw wbonn, I hate your pick of Mauer; he was the guy I wanted most coming up.... Too bad this isn't a keeper league, eh? :cry:
Cubit

Postby mesquiton » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:50 pm

I agree with Cubit, and I apologize to casmith for using the "j" word. :D
mesquiton

Postby mesquiton » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:55 pm

ditto on Mauer.... :cry:
mesquiton

Postby Cubit » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:10 pm

dneedle1 is one of our founders. I'm reasonably sure he'll be back, so let's keep going.
Cubit

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship