Round 3 - Let's go for a dozen leagues!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby kcm0711 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:56 pm

I don't have a problem with it. I have no idea how you can do it without changing divisons or the central teams backing out and reentering. I think it would be easier to ask Teepack to overlook the mistake. Since the two stadiums are so close. If you said you would not use either again. I have no problem reentering my team.

Good luck
Kelly
kcm0711

Postby cummings2 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:33 pm

I've no problem either with the change. I guess cubey should have to weigh in.

Or you could ask Bernie to make the change.
cummings2

Postby mesquiton » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:09 pm

I've got no problem with the change, but I'm not in favor of pulling teams out and reloading...not worth the delay, IMHO. Seems like the simplest solution would be to get teepack's ok to simply list both stadiums as "used" in next event.

[b:9b6bdeb56c]Draft card order:[/b:9b6bdeb56c] Definitely, the [b:9b6bdeb56c]final eight players[/b:9b6bdeb56c] should be listed [b:9b6bdeb56c]FIRST[/b:9b6bdeb56c] on draft cards. This is very clear in the rules, along with procedures/penalties for drafting other managers' players.

I don't mean to contradict Cubit's post, but I think he must have meant to list live draft players in the order drafted in order to make it harder for others to accidentally draft your players, but list them AFTER the 8 AD players...? In every Tour live draft I've been in, the 8 AD players are listed first.

If I'm wrong, Cubit please weigh in, as I'll need to pull my team and re-order my draft card. (I also didn't list my live drafted players in any particular order...missed that part of post...happy to pull team and do so if necessary, but shouldn't matter if nobody tries to draft my live-drafted players.)
Last edited by mesquiton on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mesquiton

Postby bleacher_creature » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:34 pm

[quote:cc7a9efeac="mesquiton"]I've got no problem with the change, but I'm not in favor of pulling teams out and reloading...not worth the delay, IMHO. Seems like the simplest solution would be to get teepack's ok to simply list both stadiums as "used" in next event.

[b:cc7a9efeac]Draft card order:[/b:cc7a9efeac] Definitely, the [b:cc7a9efeac]final eight players[/b:cc7a9efeac] should be listed [b:cc7a9efeac]FIRST[/b:cc7a9efeac] on draft cards. This is very clear in the rules, along with procedures/penalties for drafting other managers' players.

I don't mean to contradict Cubit's post, but I think he must have meant to list live draft players in the order drafted in order to make it harder for others to accidentally draft your players, but list them AFTER the 8 AD players...? In every Tour live draft I've been in, the 8 AD players are listed first.

If I'm wrong, Cubit please weigh in, as I'll need to pull my team and re-order my draft card. (I didn't list my live drafted players in any particular order...missed that part of Cubit's post...happy to pull team and do so if necessary, but shouldn't matter if nobody tries to draft my live-drafted players.)[/quote:cc7a9efeac]

I'm glad I checked in here. Now I have two F ups going:

1. Didn't realize this was NO DH. Bye bye Randy Winn. I like your glove, but Manny is my only big stick at this point. I hate 4's in the OF too.

2. Draft order is backwards.
bleacher_creature

Postby bleacher_creature » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:39 pm

I'm ready. My additional auto drafters are listed 1-8.

Waivers works like any auto draft league no?
bleacher_creature

Postby mesquiton » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Yup, waivers are normal.

But now I'm wondering how East managers listed their draft cards...looks like we need the word from Cubit to make sure we're all on the same page. Maybe some East teams will need to be pulled anyway to synchronize our autodraft...which would also make it easy for wbonn to fix his stadium. (Meanwhile, I've pulled/re-entered my team to list my live draftees in order drafted, but still with AD players listed 1-8.)
mesquiton

Postby savguy73 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Cubit should make the call on draft order and if we need to start over the autodraft portion. Call the league the same with "take 2" at the end of it.

I assume that the eastern managers followed what Cubit said we all should do, and that is list the draft in order and then put the final 8 auto-draft picks. It made sense to me as a rookie and it wouldn't have changed anything had we all followed suit.

Now I am guessing some teams in the east have their 8 auto drafts at the bottom of their draft list while the central teams have their 8 auto-draft teams on top.

I am in the west and have now switched the 8 auto-draft from bottom to top, pending Cubit's decision.

Will somebody please tell me when the central is full and I can join the west?
savguy73

Postby BILLBONNIE » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Hey guys, Thanks for all the understanding about the stadium issue. A Suggestion-when we get to the last person to load, I'll pull my team change my stadium and when I get back in, see if it lets me go back into the east, if not, the other person can join and then the east spot will be the last to fill I think, I don't think it moves everyone out of their divisions, if i'm wrong, disregard this whole post. Maybe cubit can email teepack on my behalf and explain the situation, I'm basically awaiting a commish ruling on everything. Wouldn't mind getting one from the top either, i.e. teepack.
Thanks again guys, sorry for being a pain in the @##.

B.B.
BILLBONNIE

Postby BILLBONNIE » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:23 pm

or as suggested earlier, I just list both of those stadiums as used in the future, I definately would need a ruling from teepack on that one, but probably the easiest solution.

Thanks
B.B.
BILLBONNIE

Postby savguy73 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:33 pm

I'd prefer if you stayed in the east.

I tried to play against my division rivals strengths and weaknesses with some of my selections. It was a pretty important part of my mid to late round draft strategy and may have been for others too.

I am fine with you using the same stadium for two leagues.

I am excited to start the games.
savguy73

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship