The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Sorry Niners, I think the dice were just going our way at the right times. If it's any consolation, most of our pitching for next year is starting to tank...

Sorry if I missed your post on it, but a) congrats on the new job! and b) can you recap what it is?
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:33 pm

The new job HMMM.

Officially it's, Office manger of The Graduate Enrollment Management Center for Syracuse University.

What's it mean? Overseeing a staff that process A LOT of paper work and data. We are the office that assembles the Applications and Support material for Syracuse Universities' 11 Colleges that offer graduate programs. Basically we get the appilcations in order and send them off to the decision makers.

I currently have a staff of about 7 full time employees under me, and will be responsible for hiring 20-25 temporary positions in the fall to help with the busy season.

My supervisor looked at my supervisory expierince as a TV Director and thought I could pick up the day to day data processing and paper shuffling.

It's quite a change for me, needless to say.

My boss is very cool and laidback and seemingly will be patient as I learn the ropes. She keeps telling me it will take a whole year for me to really get a handle on how the department operates. It's VERY slow and quiet right now.
The job pays a little less than I was making before but the benefits are good. 4 weeks vacation, right out of the box, 37.5 hour work week that's flexible. 8-4:30 schedule, which for me is unheard of. College tution paid for for my dependants after 3 years on the job. The tuition can be at eiher SU or one of 300 reciprocating colleges. With 2 children this is obviously a HUGE benefit.

It means my 15 years in TV are probably over, but it allows me to stay in Syracuse where my Immediate family lives and my wife's as well.
There's a lot to be said for being 10 minutes away from Grandma' s house for my kids.
Ninersphan

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Excellent, I hope it works out well Bill. I'm doing supervisory stuff for the 1st time this year, and I only have 4 reports, and it's already a handful, so good luck with that end of things! The schedule sounds great, more time for SOMO!!!

:P
qksilver69

Postby Stoney18 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:58 pm

You guys are going the wrong way. I switched jobs a few years ago and now manage no one. What a relief!!
Stoney18

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:25 am

So much for the East. :cry:

Good luck to Qk/Cubit and Bubba in the Finals.
Ninersphan

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:20 am

Sorry if I'm holding anything up. I thought we were in a dead period of sorts (beyond my miracle playoff upset :shock: ). So anyway, I'll try to catch up here.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:35 am

Upcoming Supplemental Draft Order (following the conclusion of our League's World Series) -- You MUST announce your drops PRIOR to the start of the Supplemental Draft (up to THREE max)

1. Nythawk - Releases:Mota,Luis Gonzalez(Col),Klesko
2. Cummings2 - Releases: Lenny Harris, Mike Burns, Phil Nevin
3. Kaviksdad - Releases: Mike Leiberthal, Julio Santana, Edwin Jackson
4. AF Dickie - Releases: Vinny Castilla, Wade Miller & Hee-Seop Choi
5. Fowldawg - Releases: Brian Lawrence, Sean Burroughs, Joel Pineiro
6. Sandlotshrink - Releases: Royce Clayton, Richard Hidalgo, and Ambiorix Burgos
7. Ineluki - Releases:
8. Stoney18 - Releases: Jason Smith, Bruce Chen, Oliver Perez
9. Bubba Hotep - Releases: Palmeiro, Gathright, J Reed.
10 Ninersphan - Releases: J. Ellison, B Hennessey J. Koronaka
11 Detroit-Tigers - Releases: Wasburn, Lieber, Armas
12 Cubit/Qk - Releases: Runelvys Hernandez, Luis Rodriguez, Aaron Miles

Upcoming Stadium Draft Order(You MUST announce you intention to STAY or LEAVE your current stadium PRIOR to the Supplemental Draft -- For those that choose to LEAVE, the Stadium Draft will run concurrently with the Supplemental Draft)

1. Nythawk - Leaving -Wrigley
2. Cummings2 - Staying -Dolphins Stadium
3. Kaviksdad - LEAVING Tropicana
4. AF Dickie - LEAVING - Shea
5. Fowldawg - Staying MinuteMaid
6. Sandlotshrink - LEAVING Rogers Centre
7. Ineluki -
8. Stoney18 - Staying in Camden
9. Bubba Hotep - Leaving Pac Bell, or whatever its called now.
10 Ninersphan - Keeping Great American
11 Detroit-Tigers - Keeping Petco
12 Cubit/Qk - Staying in the Fens
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby cirills » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:23 am

I paged Ineluki.

If anyone is in a current league with him please send him an inner league message.

Thanks,

Sandy

PS As SOON as I get a chance here on the road I will update the FA list and all that jazz.
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:17 am

Bubba hangs on by the skin of his teeth, avoiding a sweep with a 4-run 9th inning. Now we get to face his ace, Santana, in a critical gm5 matchup....
qksilver69

Postby nythawk129921 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:30 am

cummings I have replied to your PM and believe we can make that deal now
nythawk129921

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat